Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

emmetlego wrote: »
    It's an improvement. But yes I see where you come from.

As for your previous reply.
    If we're only trying to achieve fourth place in order to get more money into our coffers which we probably won't spend then it's the height of treachery towards the paying fans.
    Who do you think would want to join that team last night with our defence in a shambles?

Yet again, you avoided the question. I'm not going down that road again where you cannot admit you made a mistake. It's fruitless.

Defender is a typo for midfielder

Nobody remembers who came second. No trophy either.

I win or bust is a very harsh way to live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,655 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

efb wrote: »
    I win or bust is a very harsh way to live

Well you have to be up for it or you get the name of quitter.

Well you have to be up for it or you get the name of quitter.

If our best is 2nd then we've done our best- every team can't win the league

You post like a right little weasel.

Nice

Nice

Cheers.

Cheers.

I prefer Pringles anyway

I prefer Pringles anyway

Who is Pringle?

Who is Pringle?

They are a crisp, never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Second might as well be fourth. We're out of the Cl this season not because of last night where we put on a very poor show against probably the best team in Europe at the moment but because we were absolutely dreadful in the opening two games. We should really beat Zagreb but I don't think this team has the bottle to go and beat Olympiakos away by two. I don't think we've got the players who can see through a plan to achieve the result required in a difficult tie like that.
    I'm not talking about skill, I'm taking about game management and leadership. We really lack both. And have done for a long long time

This bunch of players have given us some great joy in the Past couple of seasons, but they've also given us some real slaps in the gob.
    They've got a good opportunity in the league this season to challenge for the title in a serious manner. Sunday's game is absolutely crucial as it follows on the heels of last night's mauling. A win and we can have some hope that we can get close to maximum points coming up towards the city game despite the annual injury bug. A loss and the wheels could come off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Some of you lads in here literally give me a pain in my stomach reading this. 2nd place is ok? 2nd? It is in its hole good good enough, what good is 2nd, may as well come 17th tbh. I'm sorry but it is win or bust this year. I'm sick saying "next year" every damn year, I'm starting to sound like a s*urs supporter.

Win the league or change everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We miss Ramsey so much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

[/B]
    If that's the question then it's been answered.
    I cannot see the point in finishing fourth unless we strengthen and try and win the feckin' thing.

Bizarre reasoning. By your logic, you don't see the point of the club getting into the premier competition of world football, thus making the club more money, and in turn, attracting the best players to our club. Mesut Ozil? Pointless. Alexis Sanchez? Pointless.

I should be thankful you answered the question this time without 20 posts of madness! Doesn't make it any less bizarre. But you're entitled to your opinion, and I guess that's what makes the internet and Boards so fun a place to be in! :o:o

We miss Ramsey so much

We miss his energy. Has a great engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

If he could get back to banging them in as well you'd be laughing!

International break should help matters....hopefully

emmetlego wrote: »
    Bizarre reasoning. By your logic, you don't see the point of the club getting into the premier competition of world football, thus making the club more money, and in turn, attracting the best players to our club. Mesut Ozil? Pointless. Alexis Sanchez? Pointless.

I should be thankful you answered the question this time without 20 posts of madness! Doesn't make it any less bizarre. But you're entitled to your opinion, and I guess that's what makes the internet and Boards so fun a place to be in! :o:o

Getting into the CL every year and then not doing the club justice by going out at the same stage every year is bizarre to me. But what the hell if lads like you are happy with that.

Spot on. Ox has a great engine too however, but Ramsey uses his engine much more effectively!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I no there is a lot of debate about him playing RW, but he basically plays as a third CM and does a lot of work in that area

I think Santi is lost without him there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Win the league or change everything.

I think if we don't do it this season the arguments for keeping the club leadership as it is are really going to be stretched thin.

If I was in charge I'd certainly be offering arsene a nice retirement package and my sincerest thanks and best wishes if we don't win it. And probably even if we do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

You gotta skip to 35 seconds. But its a message for everyone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

some amount of tripe on this thread last 24 hours.. on to sunday.. I think we'll bounce back with a narrow win.. I dont think last nights defeat was much to do with the often stated mental fragility line thats bandied out regularly, we were thrashed by a far superior team. end of. oddly we can still go through so lets look to that at the right time. we dont take a hiding very often, lets just draw a line and move on. the league is there for us this year. if we just dont bottle it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I wouldn't consider 2nd a failure unless the league was in our grasp and we let it slip
    What a stupid post. 1st as we speak is within our grasp, so anything from here that leads to us not winning the league is us letting it slip.

We have the players to win the league, but we don't have the leadership or the mentality to go all the way.

Quazzie wrote: »
    What a stupid post. 1st as we speak is within our grasp, so anything from here that leads to us not winning the league is us letting it slip.

We have the players to win the league, but we don't have the leadership or the mentality to go all the way.

We could do all we can but City are in the driving seat, more strength and depth - the league isn't ours to throw away!!!

Or do you actually think so????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We could do all we can but City are in the driving seat, more strength and depth - the league isn't ours to throw away!!!

Or do you actually think so????
    How is it not. We're joint top. If we can maintain our form till the end of the season which we have had all of 2015 then we will win the league. If we don't and we buckle under the pressure, or because of lack of squad depth due to not buying players then it is the clubs fault.

How is it not. We're joint top. If we can maintain our form till the end of the season which we have had all of 2015 then we will win the league. If we don't and we buckle under the pressure, or because of lack of squad depth due to not buying players then it is the clubs fault.

Fair point. At least he had the decency to remain decent. Your "stupid post" remark has this thread the way it is!

Again, I'm out of here tonight. The ****e talking is just dreadful.

• Advertisement

But the latter isn't slipping up

Why are city favourites if it's ours to slip up???

Funny those píssing all over Ramsey miss him now...

Fill us in. Who?

Fill us in. Who?

You can search the threads as easily as I can see who was unfairly laying into Aaron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Every club that are hoping to win the title will make mistakes along they way, City are not immune to slipping up from time to time themselves even if they do have a stronger squad than us.
    If it turns out that we do finish second to City then it depends on how it panned out whether you could term it a disapointment or not. If we are simply beaten by the better team then its not the end of the world, if however we stumble in March/April/May down to our lack of squad numbers/injuries then that will be a huge letdown because its an area that we have failed to improve on.

Time will tell

• Advertisement

You can search the threads as easily as I can see who was unfairly laying into Aaron

Couldn't find any who matched today's posters.
    You'll have to enlighten us now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Spurs won 2-1 tonight, any reports or anyone watch it? I was training so I didnt see any games, looks like they had a fairly strong team out

Couldn't find any who matched today's posters.
    You'll have to enlighten us now.

No one calling Ramsey pîss poor??? Miss that one???

Can't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It's often noted that he's played shíte when it's well warranted but I don't think any of the arsenal fans here think he's a poor player

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

lads can ye take it to direct messages if ye want to bicker between yourselves?

I won't talk out of both sides of my mouth - only love players when we're winning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Now I remember why I hardly ever post in here anymore.

I knew a wee man once but he died. Suffered from LWS the poor chap.
    I always liked Ramsey even when he took the wrong option.

* for clarity, LWS stands for Last Word Syndrome.

I knew a wee man once but he died. Suffered from LWS the poor chap.
    I always liked Ramsey even when he took the wrong option.

LWS?

Liked? Is he dead???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Are you trying to say we got beaten 5 1 because Ramsey was missing?

Totally disregarding, kos, bellerin, theo missing.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Are you trying to say we got beaten 5 1 because Ramsey was missing?

Totally disregarding, kos, bellerin, theo missing.

No. I've always said we lost because Bayern are better.

I didn't mention Ramsey's absence at all

I don't think Theo's absence had any impact tbf

Arsenal FC ✔ @Arsenal
    Wenger: "You have to give credit to Bayern for their quality but we made things easy for them. We were extremely poor defensively." #BAYvAFC

Let's hope they straighten them out before it happens again.
    At least he agrees with me this time :D

No. I've always said we lost because Bayern are better.

I didn't mention Ramsey's absence at all

Well what are you on about saying people who were pissing on Ramsey miss him now?

Theos pace in the game we beat Bayern in helped a lot.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Well what are you on about saying people who were pissing on Ramsey are quite now?

Theos pace in the game we beat Bayern in helped a lot.

I said bemoaning his loss

I said bemoaning his loss

Who is?

This is what I said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I wouldn't consider 2nd a failure unless the league was in our grasp and we let it slip

Are you on here to wind people up? You seem awfully cavalier about our failures and poor performances. Ah but shure "we could be like Everton or Spurs." Ffs give your head a good shake.

Fill us in. Who?

Have you read the thread???
    Arsenal FC ✔ @Arsenal
    Wenger: "You have to give credit to Bayern for their quality but we made things easy for them. We were extremely poor defensively." #BAYvAFC

Let's hope they straighten them out before it happens again.
    At least he agrees with me this time :D

We all agree we were poor defensively

This is what I said

I corrected that in my post not that it matters much.

Who said their missing him?

• Advertisement

Have you read the thread???

But you said funny people are now missing him.

Where are you seen this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement