Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

JustTheOne wrote: »
    But you said funny people are now missing him.

Where are you seen this?

In case you can't read the thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wow, efb you really are pushing hard for the most posts in the Arsenal thread award with the amount of double posts.

One of the reasons we lost, which many here have highlighted, is that we didn't press them. We let them have the ball and come at us, and our heads dropped when we were so defensively poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

efb wrote: »
    In case you can't read the thread...

One person?

I knew a wee man once but he died. Suffered from LWS the poor chap.
    I always liked Ramsey even when he took the wrong option.

What does LWS stand for ???
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    One person?

Try that again
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Wow, efb you really are pushing hard for the most posts in the Arsenal thread award with the amount of double posts.

One of the reasons we lost, which many here have highlighted, is that we didn't press them. We let them have the ball and come at us, and our heads dropped when we were so defensively poor.

The reason is simple BAYERN ARE A BETTER SIDE
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    Are you on here to wind people up? You seem awfully cavalier about our failures and poor performances. Ah but shure "we could be like Everton or Spurs." Ffs give your head a good shake.

I'm a realist not an idealist
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    That they are. Better coached too. This is the benchmark we should be aiming for in terms of quality on the pitch and success. But if you dont invest in the team how can you reach there level?

The boss is to loyal for his own good, he sticks by and puts too much faith in average footballers who arent good enough imo.

He works with his team to create a good side, we don't have the massive power that's BM have- able to take the other German Team's best players

A lot of footballers Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Bellerin Monreal, Koscielny, Fabregas have improved greatly under Wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The reason is simple BAYERN ARE A BETTER SIDE

That they are. Better coached too. This is the benchmark we should be aiming for in terms of quality on the pitch and success. But if you dont invest in the team how can you reach there level?

The boss is to loyal for his own good, he sticks by and puts too much faith in average footballers who arent good enough imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Telegraph are reporting that Kos is back for the weekend! Thank god for that at least !

gandalf wrote: »
    Telegraph are reporting that Kos is back for the weekend! Thank god for that at least !

Gandalf was always my favourite!!! Fcuk you Sauron!!! 😜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus a lot of new posts since I was on last night I'm going to take a guess and say it's not worth my while reading back through it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sunday is surely debuchys last chance in an Arsenal jersey

I would be tempted to stick chambers out there, but you would be hoping with the few games now debuchy will be up to speed

Sunday is surely debuchys last chance in an Arsenal jersey

I would be tempted to stick chambers out there, but you would be hoping with the few games now debuchy will be up to speed

Chambo played RB didn't he? Would be worth a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'd much rather Debuchy in at right back, regardless of his form than have Chambers playing there. Haven't been impressed with Chambers any time he played there before, the guy is still learning the game and his future is at centre back. Persist with Debuchy until Bellerin is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

Jasus a lot of new posts since I was on last night I'm going to take a guess and say it's not worth my while reading back through it all.

Marty I would advise you to read it back.
    Most insightful days posting on Arsenal Boards thread ever, if not all boards threads.

I'd much rather Debuchy in at right back, regardless of his form than have Chambers playing there. Haven't been impressed with Chambers any time he played there before, the guy is still learning the game and his future is at centre back. Persist with Debuchy until Bellerin is back.

I would tend to agree with this and feels lesser of two evils to me.

Not looking like Kos is back so it will be more difficult to keep Kane quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ronjo wrote: »
    I would tend to agree with this and feels lesser of two evils to me.

Not looking like Kos is back so it will be more difficult to keep Kane quiet.

I read that Kos was rested against Munich as a precaution and should be fine for Sunday?

greendom wrote: »
    I read that Kos was rested against Munich as a precaution and should be fine for Sunday?

John Cross tweeted earlier that he is a major doubt.
    Hopefully he is wrong but press conference is on soon so we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

John Cross tweeted earlier that he is a major doubt.
    Hopefully he is wrong but press conference is on soon so we will see.

Kos should be availible for sunday but bellerin is out

wawaman wrote: »
    Kos should be availible for sunday but bellerin is out

Thats great news.
    We knew Bellerin was out so it is excellent to have Kos back.

ETA He said might be back so lets see. Hopefully yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Win the league or change everything.

FWIW no team goes from also-ran to champions overnight. This team is making progress, two trophies in the last two seasons and the best performers overall for the last calendar year. On top of that, we're finally starting to make inroads in the mini-league at the top of the table.

So stop spouting such reactionary drivel. Perhaps try supporting your team for once? A lot of people in this thread could do with looking at the definition of 'supporter' before they keep calling themselves one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Before the Bayern match i wasn't too confident for Arsenal to avoid a defeat - especially with the players we had missing. But while I watched the game I found myself more and more frustrated, not because Bayern were playing well and are a fine, strong team but because we seemed to be playing a game that we never tried to play before.

Debuchy seemed to be playing centre back and Campbell seemed to be drifting far too much into the middle. As expected they were targeting our right side and for some reason we decided to abandon the right side completely.

We weren't putting enough pressure on them when they had the ball and couldn't live we their pressure when we had the ball.

Did the Arsenal management actually look at any video of Bayern before the match? Did we analysis the tactics of other teams who have gone to Munich and won? Do our bench players not want to impress the manager and put in a good energetic shift?

From an Arsenal point of view that game was played in fear. Fear of making a mistake that results in Bayern having enough time on the ball to pick the correct pass or space to make a shot.

We should have trusted our defense and the midfield should have put Bayern under more pressure than we did. We narrowed the pitch, bunched up in defense and let Bayern play at their own pace with lots of space around them.

Despite the lack of effort by some of the players, we lost this match before it started because of the way we prepared and the flawed tactics we used.

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »

Like the coat and jumper, not so much the turn up jeans

He looks like some sort of hipster hitman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Yeah you'd think they could've managed to get a pair that fit him!

Did anyone read the secret footballer talking about Arsenal, just saw it on Reddit, can't really be posted here I imagine. Is that Secret Footballer thing just a load of rubbish or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

symbolic wrote: »
    Did anyone read the secret footballer talking about Arsenal, just saw it on Reddit, can't really be posted here I imagine. Is that Secret Footballer thing just a load of rubbish or what?

He's generally a good read. What sort of stuff was he saying ?

Was he slagging Arsenal off? What was gist?

Was he slagging Arsenal off? What was gist?

Main gist is saying Wenger is a genius.

Talking about himself being a purist, and not enjoying going out to "kick the fck" out of Arsenal, the Arsenal guys would always stay on their feet so you could turn a 50-50 into a 70-30. But it was the only way a lot teams had as most teams can't play Arsenal at their own game. Being instructed to double up and take defenders out at corners, and if you miss the defender get the keeper.

"That ‘philosophy’ became the mantra for the game. Arsenal hated it and lost, regularly.
    I hated it too." - TSF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

So what's the predictions for Spurs? Line up and result? What does a win/draw/loss mean for us? In your opinion. (Must be no shorter than 50 words, marks will be deducted for spelling and punctuation.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

• Advertisement

So what's the predictions for Spurs? Line up and result? What does a win/draw/loss mean for us? In your opinion. (Must be no shorter than 50 words, marks will be deducted for spelling and punctuation.)

Kos to come in for Gabriel and no other changes.
    We will dominate possession and either have a comfortable win after scoring a couple of goals in the first half hour or concede on the counter and huff and puff before Kos pops up with an equaliser.

I will go for first option as I am feeling optimistic.

ETA A confortable win for us shows me we do have enough squad depth to challenge for the title and making next round of champions league is just a bonus.

Wenger added: “The only moment of possible happiness, is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created the religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.”

I like this quote. It's just sometimes what Wenger says contradicts what he does or what I perceive him to have done.

Serving windswept realness

367740.jpeg

Arsenal to win. By a couple of goals.

The usual guys ... depending on injuries!! ... I've lost track now of who is back for Sunday. Really looking forward to it. They had some great attacking moves against Bayern. More of that. And less of the other team scoring and all will be well!

What does a win/draw/loss mean for us? 3points/1point/0points :) whatever happens, they move on to the next game.

Kos to come in for Gabriel and no other changes.
    We will dominate possession and either have a comfortable win after scoring a couple of goals in the first half hour or concede on the counter and huff and puff before Kos pops up with an equaliser.

I will go for first option as I am feeling optimistic.

ETA A confortable win for us shows me we do have enough squad depth to challenge for the title and making next round of champions league is just a bonus.

What about a draw or a loss? What would you take from that?

Arsenal to win. By a couple of goals.

The usual guys ... depending on injuries!! ... I've lost track now of who is back for Sunday. Really looking forward to it. They had some great attacking moves against Bayern. More of that. And less of the other team scoring and all will be well!

What does a win/draw/loss mean for us? 3points/1point/0points :) whatever happens, they move on to the next game.

What does It mean for you tho?

• Advertisement

Could end up a score draw or Arsenal by the odd goal

not overly disappointed with a draw

Obv delighted with a win

What about a draw or a loss? What would you take from that?

Depends how the game goes.

If we look suspect defensively I will be worried. With Kos back we should be a lot stronger and an extra game should help Debuchy.
    If we look like conceding regularly then it shows we are in trouble every time one of the back 5 is out for me.
    Hopefully it wont be the case though.

And how do you answer your own question?

And how do you answer your own question?

Quite similar to you actually, If we win I will be happy, It won't make up for Bayern but It will keep us up there In the league and beating your main rivals with an under strength squad Is always nice.

A draw will be disappointing, certainly wouldn't settle for a draw but at the same time It depends on how the actual game goes.

A loss and It will be sh1te, could start a bad run of form, will give City a chance to open a gap, losing a derby always sucks and will emphasise the lack of squad depth depending on the performance.

I think we should beat them, we're at home, we need to bounce back, some players have something to prove and Spurs aren't looking great so a loss and I won't be happy a win I'll be delighted and draw and I'll be disappointed.

• Advertisement

Would depend on the what causes the different outcomes. So I could answer after I watch them play. Hopefully after I watch them win.

Quite similar to you actually, If we win I will be happy, It won't make up for Bayern but It will keep us up there In the league and beating your main rivals with an under strength squad Is always nice.

A draw will be disappointing, certainly wouldn't settle for a draw but at the same time It depends on how the actual game goes.

A loss and It will be sh1te, could start a bad run of form, will give City a chance to open a gap, losing a derby always sucks and will emphasise the lack of squad depth depending on the performance.

I think we should beat them, we're at home, we need to bounce back, some players have something to prove and Spurs aren't looking great so a loss and I won't be happy a win I'll be delighted and draw and I'll be disappointed.

Yeah we cant afford to let City get away especially after we have clawed back so well.

Whoever finishes ahead of City will win the league IMO. I cant see anyone else doing that other than us at the moment, unless United spend another few hundred million in January and it all clicks for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I would say, anything other than a Win at home is not acceptable...Irrespective of form we always do well against them especially at home...so I'm optimistic of a good result.

Yeah we cant afford to let City get away especially after we have clawed back so well.

Whoever finishes ahead of City will win the league IMO. I cant see anyone else doing that other than us at the moment, unless United spend another few hundred million in January and it all clicks for them.

Yeah It definitely looks like a race between us and City. I honestly though at the start of the year that Chelsea had It wrapped up by my god was I wrong. United will be up there but as you eluded to, they need more. Not sure they could even get what they need In January.

I think It Is true that If City had the injuries we had/have we'd run away with the league, but that Is the case every year, every year we have dozens of injuries and we just never seem to learn our lesson. The squad needs depth and then some more depth but nothing ever seems to get done about It and every year people seem surprised when halve the squad are on the physio table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Yeah It definitely looks like a race between us and City. I honestly though at the start of the year that Chelsea had It wrapped up by my god was I wrong. United will be up there but as you eluded to, they need more. Not sure they could even get what they need In January.

I think It Is true that If City had the injuries we had/have we'd run away with the league, but that Is the case every year, every year we have dozens of injuries and we just never seem to learn our lesson. The squad needs depth and then some more depth but nothing ever seems to get done about It and every year people seem surprised when halve the squad are on the physio table.

In all fairness city have been missing Aguero and Silva for long periods, our injuries haven't really been major until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

pretty much agree with this Ken, except maybe the fact that even with a draw (I am not even discussing the possibility of a defeat), the international break will give time for the time to recover and bounce back for the next 4-5 games before the clash with City.
    Looking at their schedule, they also have a handy run of games, so it is important to stay as close (or ideally on par) with them before the derby.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    In all fairness city have been missing Aguero and Silva for long periods, our injuries haven't really been major until now.

Thats true but if you take another 4 midfielders out I wonder how they would fare.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Walcott,Welbeck,Rosicky,Wilshere,Ramsey,Arteta,Bellerin,Kosc,Ospina etc Is a pretty big list, I know nobody Is out for 12 months here but our injuries are consistent, when 2 return another will get injured etc etc. If all we had to worry about was an Injury to Walcott and to Cazorla for example I think we'd fine.

Walcott,Welbeck,Rosicky,Wilshere,Ramsey,Arteta,Bellerin,Kosc,Ospina etc Is a pretty big list, I know nobody Is out for 12 months here but our injuries are consistent, when 2 return another will get injured etc etc. If all we had to worry about was an Injury to Walcott and to Cazorla for example I think we'd fine.

Its crazy that we are up to 2nd on the injury list again.
    A few weeks ago we had almost a full squad to pick from.

Its crazy that we are up to 2nd on the injury list again.
    A few weeks ago we had almost a full squad to pick from.

Its the Arsenal u see !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement