Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

wawaman wrote: »
    Its the Arsenal u see !!

Yep, unfortunately it seems to be a conversation we have every year.

We are totally at our limit though so fingers crossed the international break will be enough for a few of them to get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

ronjo wrote: »
    Its crazy that we are up to 2nd on the injury list again.
    A few weeks ago we had almost a full squad to pick from.

And people excused us not signing any outfield players in the summer because we had a new fitness coach and no-one was injured!

Arsenal and injuries are one of lifes certainties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

We are including a lot of non first team
    Players on that list - how many from the first team? 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

efb wrote: »

you have to include them all though because when a regular starter gets injured another guy becomes a starter then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wenger himself has said this morning that he is very alarmed at our injury list especially so early in the season. I dread to think what sort of shape we will be in come the clustered xmas period. Every single player that is injured can easily slot into the starting IX without weakening it, plus we have to play the same players every game now until we get some back to fitness. We really are stretched at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

The club made a great move bringing in a world renowned fitness guru in Forsyth, and most here thought that it would at least reduce our injuries... What a gob****e I was believing that!!

As for Sunday, a win is a must, and of course, I will be disappointed not to win at home against a mid table team. It could (as some said here) start a dip in form. We don't need that thank you very much. I'm going for a 3-1 win. I expect our attack to be more potent, and I thing Giroud would probably have started this game too ahead of Wallcot, however, derbies being derbies, you can never tell.

To sumarise, I hope we win! :-)

Spurs are 5th only 5 points behind us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Merson predicting a 3 nil home win.

I'll be having that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The concept of first team doesnt exist as 1 to 11, all with the exception of Ospina start regularily when fit.

It's a horrendus list of injuries. Atleast 3 were to be expected and we should have been more ruthless with them in the summer 2 of the 3 should have been replaced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Spurs are 5th only 5 points behind us

Spurs are miles behind us and always will be.

omega man wrote: »

I'll be having that.

Hmm gambling addict tip.. Pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Our RB position is our main difficulty at the moment.
    Spurs will try to exploit that.
    I can see us playing Debuchy with Ox ahead of him on the right.
    We really should put Spurs to the sword at home, draw would be poor, loss disastrous.
    Our defence really have to knuckle down from the start and not give them any early presents.
    Predicting a 3 -- 1 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Our RB position is our main difficulty at the moment.
    Spurs will try to exploit that.
    I can see us playing Debuchy with Ox ahead of him on the right.
    We really should put Spurs to the sword at home, draw would be poor, loss disastrous.
    Our defence really have to knuckle down from the start and not give them any early presents.
    Predicting a 3 -- 1 win.

Is Ox available? Happy days if he is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

omega man wrote: »

I'll be having that.

Id save my cash if I were you :D
    hopefully a lot great game with a closer scoreline than that ;)

as a long suffering spurs fan I can assure you that for the last few yrs 'IDK
    merson' gets the vast majority of his predictions very wrong for my team

davycc wrote: »
    Id save my cash if I were you :D
    hopefully a lot great game with a closer scoreline than that ;)

as a long suffering spurs fan I can assure you that for the last few yrs 'IDK
    merson' gets the vast majority of his predictions very wrong for my team

Would anyone take Merse's tips seriously...😂

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »
    Spurs are miles behind us and always will be.

in terms of more european trophys won?:D
    in terms of being the first team to retain the fa cup?
    in terms of being the only team in history to win there first 11 games in a row:D even the mighty bayern missed their chance a few days ago to equalise and blew there chance thankfully :D

Pudders will you please have the honour of starting the offical match thread because Ive just jinxed myself too much to have the balls to do it myself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

in terms of being the only team in history to win there first 11 games in a row:D even the mighty bayern missed their chance a few days ago to equalise and blew there chance thankfully :D

Pudders will you please have the honour of starting the offical match thread because Ive just jinxed myself too much to have the balls to do it myself ;)

Do you really want to get into a war of success and records? It will only go one way.

One of my good friends here in London is a Derry lad. Season ticket holder at WHL. The poor lad. One of our phones will be turned off at 6.00 on Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

In terms of spurs being shíte!

I set up a match thread. First I have ever started. We'll see all the spurs fans crawl out of their private forum!

• Advertisement

Do you really want to get into a war of success and records? It will only go one way.

fook no:) only trying to reverse jinx myself/spurs by hoping one of your guys starts the main soccer forum NLD match thread :cool:

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    In terms of spurs being shíte![/QUOTE

sure i call them worse than that myself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    In terms of spurs being shíte![/QUOTE

sure i call them worse than that myself :cool:

You must be an Arsenal Supporter in disguise...:D

I set up a match thread. First I have ever started. We'll see all the spurs fans crawl out of their private forum!

thanks honestly for being man enough to start the thread:cool:

ill post the link on the spurs forum for the few lads in there to see;)

its not a private forum either its just hard to find :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I still think it's a disappointment that Spurs have their own forum on here... think of all the banter we've missed down the years cause of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I still think it's a disappointment that Spurs have their own forum on here... think of all the banter we've missed down the years cause of it :)
    The spurs forum, I can understand as it was set up years ago. The Chelsea forum however stinks, because that came along after the owners/staff of the site stated clearly there would be no more team specific forums. All of a sudden we have a few Chelsea supporter mods and then they have their own forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Quazzie wrote: »
    The spurs forum, I can understand as it was set up years ago. The Chelsea forum however stinks, because that came along after the owners/staff of the site stated clearly there would be no more team specific forums. All of a sudden we have a few Chelsea supporter mods and then they have their own forum.

Wait.. we've a Chelsea forum now? Hehe, probably explains why there has been a lot less trolling of Arsenal threads lately.

Quazzie wrote: »

We can barely keep a thread going tbf...

Fair play!!!

One of my good friends here in London is a Derry lad. Season ticket holder at WHL. The poor lad. One of our phones will be turned off at 6.00 on Sunday!

the poor lad indeed :cool: we have been a little better this season but still no real pace in our side we are unbeaten in lge since 1st game of the season but we drew too many games. and we never signed a 2nd striker to take the pressure off kane

i have plenty of family in nth london and they are all glory hunting arsenal fans:D
    hopefully a decent score draw wont hurt too many egos myself included :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Anyone see the Tottenham game last night? Any good?

JT26 wrote: »
    Yea you really haven't a clue what you're talking about.the Chelsea forum as you call it was a social group at first,as boards were closing the social groups any active ones that had regular activity were made into hosted forums.
    sorry to put a damper on your aul conspiracy theory buddy but that's what actually happened.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a bitter rant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Didn't know grumpymunster read this thread! Legend!

wonga77 wrote: »
    Anyone see the Tottenham game last night? Any good?

https://www.facebook.com/SpursRelated/?pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/SpursRelated/?fref=nf

highlights video there, its not on youtube or a vine so i cant upload it but we had a bad start to the game , should been 2 nil down after a shocking start gifting chances to anderlect . if we give the same chances to a decent PL team like arsenal you would expect to be punished.

dembeles winning goal was a rocket. worth a look- he has 3goals in 3 games now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

https://www.facebook.com/SpursRelated/?pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/SpursRelated/?fref=nf

highlights video there, its not on youtube or a vine so i cant upload it but we had a bad start to the game , should been 2 nil down after a shocking start gifting chances to anderlect . if we give the same chances to a decent PL team like arsenal you would expect to be punished.

dembeles winning goal was a rocket. worth a look- he has 3goals in 3 games now ;)

Respect bro. May the best team win on Sunday (Arsenal please god :D)

Yea you really haven't a clue what you're talking about.the Chelsea forum as you call it was a social group at first,as boards were closing the social groups any active ones that had regular activity were made into hosted forums.
    sorry to put a damper on your aul conspiracy theory buddy but that's what actually happened.
    Nice story, but the social groups are still up and running so it kind of ruins your credibility.

Have you tried posting in one? Try it go on
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1332

How do ya like them apples?

• Advertisement

Have you tried posting in one? Try it go on

mrs-doyle-gif.gif

Couldnt resist :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The club are now on Snapchat...OfficialAFC is the username for all the cool kids that use it ;)

thanks honestly for being man enough to start the thread:cool:

ill post the link on the spurs forum for the few lads in there to see;)

its not a private forum either its just hard to find :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837

Like Spurs' trophy cabinet... :pac:

The club are now on Snapchat...OfficialAFC is the username for all the cool kids that use it ;)

Firmly believe I'm too old for snapchat

Christ when your nieces are off to discos and you are staying in watching Norton... maybe I am.

35 is the new 21 lads!

• Advertisement

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/662655395773743104

A better version of the John Lewis Christmas ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Both the Ox and Arteta took a full part in training yesterday and are both available for selection tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I see a lot said about Alexis struggling to play alongside Giroud. The majority of his goals seem to come when he has a runner up top (Welbeck,Walcott) dragging defenders with them. I suppose he does move central when they play and they switch out wide at times with him. Girouds on fire though so no complaints here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

i predict a 2:2 draw for the london derby

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement