Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Terrible performance but a great point because of that. Break needed...lads back after break need pace back in the side...not in a bad position at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Need walcott back asap

Need Ramsey back asap.

Positives: Gibbs and Debuchy seem to be returning to form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Massive point , Shows how rubbish spurs are aswell at the same time , they really should have finished us off sooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Soups123 wrote: »
    Atleast we got the draw somehow in the end.

Disappointing performance but a good fight last 20. Break can't come quick enough players coming back, our big players should get a break as mostly friendlies, we looked out of juice past couple games.

Hopefully this is our rough period dealt with

I certainly hope Ozil, Kos, Sanchez and Coq get a rest.
    Wenger should be making phonecalls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Imagine how many assists Ozil would have with a better striker. . .

Let's get the guy with the best goals per minute in the EPL... Oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

well i said id have taken the point beforehand but we deserved more.
    thank jebus thats over i felt a heart attack coming on in that last 15mins arsenal were really all over us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Soups123 wrote: »
    Atleast we got the draw somehow in the end.

Disappointing performance but a good fight last 20. Break can't come quick enough players coming back, our big players should get a break as mostly friendlies, we looked out of juice past couple games.

Hopefully this is our rough period dealt with

Bar Sanchez. 2 quailifiers with Chile, practically means no rest. Today he looked completely off pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ozil is amazing. Just amazing.

Stream I was watching made more of a deal of him not tracking back once than anything else he did in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I certainly hope Ozil, Kos, Sanchez and Coq get a rest.
    Wenger should be making phonecalls.

Well, Ozil has already been left out of the German squad thankfully.

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »

He was poor today. Not just the missed chances either but his general play and his antics.
    I'd be usually on his side too.

2 sitters he missed today. Statistics are only part of the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Very lucky to get a point there.

Credit to the defence for keeping them out during that whole middle bit where we couldn't manage to even throw the ball in to our own guys.

Hector, Ox and Rambo all expected back for next match.

Walcott for one week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'm just delighted that we didn't lose especially after the first half. I usually hate international breaks, but this one comes at exactly the right time. Hopefully a few players are back then.

Is Santi injured? Or was he taken off just because of his poor performance?
    I have confidence in this team, but we were really stretched with injuries. As usual I think the season will be determined by the physio room, keep the majority fit we will do well, if we continue with the usual injuries it will be a long season.

I like Giroud but he does miss too many chances, needs to be more clinical, a top striker can't afford to miss as many chances in a big game as he did today.

2 sitters he missed today. Statistics are only part of the picture.

2 misses! No striker misses 2 in a game.. And the Spurs defenders were hanging out of him like the taoiiseach with councillors at an Ard fheis

I'm just delighted that we didn't lose especially after the first half. I usually hate international breaks, but this one comes at exactly the right time. Hopefully a few players are back then.

Is Santi injured? Or was he taken off just because of his poor performance?
    I have confidence in this team, but we were really stretched with injuries. As usual I think the season will be determined by the physio room, keep the majority fit we will do well, if we continue with the usual injuries it will be a long season.

I like Giroud but he does miss too many chances, needs to be more clinical, a top striker can't afford to miss as many chances in a big game as he did today.

2 is too many???

• Advertisement

Come on the Town FAI Cup and League Double :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah come off it EFB. If he looked like quasimodo and less like a supermodel you wouldnt be defending him. He was horrid.

2 misses! No striker misses 2 in a game.. And the Spurs defenders were hanging out of him like the taoiiseach with councillors at an Ard fheis

I said 2 sitters. The second one there is no excuse.

Well done Dundalk

He only had 4 shots 1 bar, 1 save, 1 miss don't remember the other

• Advertisement

The one lorios saved???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

2 is too many???

From memory, I can think of 4, had three free headers less than 10 yards out. One was an absolute sitter, so yeah I'd say that's too many chances for a striker to be missing in a big game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

He gets a lot of stick on here

But the sooner Ramsey is back the better

Other seasons we loose that 2-0 been caught on the break

I'm over the moon with that point considering how poor we were

From memory, I can think of 4, had three free headers less than 10 yards out. One was an absolute sitter, so yeah I'd say that's too many chances for a striker to be missing in a big game.

What is a success trike rate for a top striker???

2 is too many???

Yeah, he missed one chance which he should have scored, but, in general, I thought he was key for Arsenal today. There was another chance he had which went just to the side of the goalkeeper, but there wasn't much else he did wrong. For the goal, Giroud had his hands on his thighs exhausted, then saw Ozil had the ball, ran into the box waving his hand, and the goal comes as a consequence. He's a great focal point to have.

fair play Tayto! Dundalk was the best team all season!

He gets a lot of stick on here

But the sooner Ramsey is back the better

Other seasons we loose that 2-0 been caught on the break

I'm over the moon with that point considering how poor we were

We were very lucky to get a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Giroud's always been like this.
    Gets a bunch of goals and then has an absolute ****e game and no matter how many chances he gets he won't score.

Happy with the draw if i'm honest. Spurs have been very good this year and with the injuries we have now a point is decent.

The one lorios saved???

no, the one that went wide.
    The other one I would consider a sitter is the one on the bar, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt because of the slightly awkward angle the ball came to him.

no, the one that went wide.
    The other one I would consider a sitter is the one on the bar, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt because of the slightly awkward angle the ball came to him.

The bar one wasn't a sitter

• Advertisement

Yeah, he missed one chance which he should have scored, but, in general, I thought he was key for Arsenal today. There was another chance he had which went just to the side of the goalkeeper, but there wasn't much else he did wrong. For the goal, Giroud had his hands on his thighs exhausted, then saw Ozil had the ball, ran into the box waving his hand, and the goal comes as a consequence. He's a great focal point to have.

He holds up.play and pulls away defenders - its a very physically demanding game he plays

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Giroud's always been like this.
    Gets a bunch of goals and then has an absolute ****e game and no matter how many chances he gets he won't score.

Happy with the draw if i'm honest. Spurs have been very good this year and with the injuries we have now a point is decent.

He didn't have a shït game- huge work rate but don't let me interrupt the lazy narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

ronjo wrote: »
    Kos to come in for Gabriel and no other changes.
    We will dominate possession and either have a comfortable win after scoring a couple of goals in the first half hour or concede on the counter and huff and puff before Kos pops up with an equaliser.

I will go for first option as I am feeling optimistic.

ETA A confortable win for us shows me we do have enough squad depth to challenge for the title and making next round of champions league is just a bonus.

Got the wrong option and wrong defender but spot on other than that :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Disappointed with the draw, I always want a derby win, but in the course of the league, it's not the worst result. Spurs are improving this season, by the end of this season I'd think that they'd take 3 points from some of the top teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

He didn't have a shït game- huge work rate but don't let me interrupt the lazy narrative

I'm sorry but if a striker keeps missing your team's best chances then he's had a bad game.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'm sorry but if a striker keeps missing your team's best chances then he's had a bad game.

You stick with that

CatInABox wrote: »
    Disappointed with the draw, I always want a derby win, but in the course of the league, it's not the worst result. Spurs are improving this season, by the end of this season I'd think that they'd take 3 points from some of the top teams.

They have already destroyed City.

Looking at the schedule up to the derby with City, we could go on a winning streak. But looking at what happened to City today, shows there are no guarantees. We need to focus at one game at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wenger said that Cazorla was not himself and felt dizzy. Happy with the point in the end, they were at their best and still couldn't beat us.

You stick with that

Oh FFS. He missed some sitters today. Kane probably would have had a hat trick in red today.

Not too unhappy with that though. Spurs are playing well and City result was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

fair play dundalk well deserved double :D:cool:

Oh FFS. He missed some sitters today. Kane probably would have had a hat trick in red today.

Not too unhappy with that though. Spurs are playing well and City result was excellent.

Kane wouldn't have had the aerial ability that Giroud has. Giroud made those chances as much as he missed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Was an important draw with city dropping points, the international break cant come quick enough, what happened Santi, it was hardly a tactical sub?

Kane wouldn't have had the aerial ability that Giroud has. Giroud made those chances as much as he missed them.

You are probably right but he did bury a header against us last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

We will take the point, despite the poor performance. Wengers lack of strengthening the squad always comes back to haunt us, especially when injury hits us hard.

Its a very simple way to view the game

• Advertisement

Its a very simple way to view the game

So how would you view the chances?

He was poor today. Not just the missed chances either but his general play and his antics.
    I'd be usually on his side too.

the hold up play, pulling away defenders... oh ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

The bar one wasn't a sitter

spot on. criticise Giroud on the one that went wide but the header off the bar was not a sitter. watch it back...he does well to even get to it...he just gets to it goin backwards...if he was a yard further out it may go in and its a header on the scale of Lewandowski durin the week.

So how would you view the chances?

the one that hit the bar was made by himself, loris made a great save, one went just and i didn't see the 4th

feel free to stick it up

Pudders wrote: »
    Spurs are miles behind us and always will be.

hmmm...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement