Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

efb wrote: »
    the one that hit the bar was made by himself, loris made a great save, one went just and i didn't see the 4th

feel free to stick it up

Jaysus I can't be dealing with that technical stuff. I would call it as bar one not easy but well capable of scoring, one should score all day long, lloris should have been allowed save and last one pretty difficult he skied over.

wenger even said after Giroud was raging for missing them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ronjo wrote: »
    Jaysus I can't be dealing with that technical stuff. I would call it as bar one not easy but well capable of scoring, one should score all day long, lloris should have been allowed save and last one pretty difficult he skied over.

wenger even said after Giroud was raging for missing them all

which two were the sitters, I believe one was the header to the bar initally..., lloris made a great save by waiting in fairness to him.

He's hardly going to be delighted with not scoring, is he???

efb wrote: »
    which two were the sitters, I believe one was the header to the bar initally..., lloris made a great save by waiting in fairness to him.

Second and third and think he should have scored the first.

Poor Mesut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The way to win the league will be the interchanging of Giroud and Walcott throughout the season, with the introduction of Welbeck into the fold come January adding another dimension to our attack.

The way to win the league will be the interchanging of Giroud and Walcott throughout the season, with the introduction of Welbeck into the fold come January adding another dimension to our attack.
    Agreed
    We certainly have one of the best plan B options in Europe. Just need them both fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Agreed
    We certainly have one of the best plan B options in Europe. Just need them both fit.

In Europe? Welbeck isn't exactly a superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Alli gave the ball away more than any other player, no chances created, fewest tackles won of any midfielder.

MOTM apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Agreed

Dunno about that now

Not talking about Welbeck.

Start Giroud or Walcott and when you make a change with 30 mins to go, defenders have a totally new type of attack formation to deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

The only positive to take from that match is we didn't lose to 'em and we're still picking up points even when we're playing bad. I think the injury crisis caught up with us for sure, poor Carzola looked out on his feet even in the first ten minutes. The last 15 minutes were good and Giroud missed a few good chances.

At least City drew so they aren't ahead of us. The international break is blessing and we need to get back a few of those injured lads. Ramsey, Ox and Walcott should be back. Ozil gets a rest too which a blessing.

We seriously need to give Alexis a rest, he's been dodgy the last three games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Away to WBA on 21st Nov.@ 3.00 pm.
    Time to get players back in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Looper007 wrote: »
    The only positive to take from that match is we didn't lose to 'em and we're still picking up points even when we're playing bad. I think the injury crisis caught up with us for sure, poor Carzola looked out on his feet even in the first ten minutes. The last 15 minutes were good and Giroud missed a few good chances.

At least City drew so they aren't ahead of us. The international break is blessing and we need to get back a few of those injured lads. Ramsey, Ox and Walcott should be back. Ozil gets a rest too which a blessing.

We seriously need to give Alexis a rest, he's been dodgy the last three games.

Was unwell before the game apparently and threw up at half time so was taken off.

Was unwell before the game apparently and threw up at half time so was taken off.

Had to be something wrong with him. He had a dire first-half and that's not like him.

Surely wouldn't have started if Ramsey, Wilshere or Mozart were fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Away to WBA on 21st Nov.@ 3.00 pm.
    Time to get players back in the meantime.

If we have Rambo & Bellerin back for that...well it's on again.

Weird game today, we were outplayed for lots of it, but still could have won by a couple.

Giroud would have had a few on any other day, just didn't happen for him today.

4 very winnable games before city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

4 very winnable games before city

A winnable City game followed by another two or three winnable games. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    If we have Rambo & Bellerin back for that...well it's on again.

Weird game today, we were outplayed for lots of it, but still could have won by a couple.

Giroud would have had a few on any other day, just didn't happen for him today.

In fairness to Giroud, he's been fairly clinical over the last month and has come on and totally changed a couple of games.

Nice little run to take us into the break.

What is it since Chelsea. w5 d1, some good wins too. Utd, Everton, Leicester, Swans. A little injury crisis has cost us 2 points but hopefully that's it now.

Next 4 go West Brom, Norwich, Sunderland, Villa which is a huge opportunity to gain another 12 points before we play City.

Maybe after those games, I'll start to believe.

I would totally have started to believe we could win it if we had got 3 points today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

We were very slow to get into the game today, played at the same slow tempo with no urgency a bit like we did against Munich. Some on here said that our players were holding themselves back for today but on todays evidence thats a no.
    A point is a good result and one almost every gunner would have taken at the 70 minute mark as it was them who looked more likely to score

If Santi was anything less than 100% then why did he start, either he hid the fact he was feeling unwell or else the management took a chance on him, either way an extremely risky/stupid thing to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Someone needs to tell our defenders to stop that offside trap ****e as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Massive point , Shows how rubbish spurs are aswell at the same time , they really should have finished us off sooner

Yupp should have finished you off, but calling Spurs rubbish is a bit out of order. I know it is a bit of banter, but Spurs played really well and were the away team lets not forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Spurs look a very good team. Should make top 4 ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool if they can keep it up.

Someone needs to tell our defenders to stop that offside trap ****e as well

Our defending needs to be looked at.
    It should be easy to keep a line and have someone shout the odds.
    Plus the high line does not suit us when Mert is playing. He was not even in our box when Kane scored, jogging back slowly.
    We survive against lesser teams but against good attackers we will be found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Plus the high line does not suit us when Mert is playing. He was not even in our box when Kane scored, jogging back slowly.
    We survive against lesser teams but against good attackers we will be found out.

Yea definitely, when spurs had that free kick early on, dier (i think) basically had a free header, seeing that too often too when we are defending set plays.

Per was useless today at times couldn't even read the flight of the ball
    He should be 3rd choice at this stage

• Advertisement

Per was useless today at times couldn't even read the flight of the ball
    He should be 3rd choice at this stage

I'd worry about the City game if we can't even get the line right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yupp should have finished you off, but calling Spurs rubbish is a bit out of order. I know it is a bit of banter, but Spurs played really well and were the away team lets not forget.

Apologies it was just a matter of speaking you definitely feiced away 2 points today you played really well and if ya keep it up you'll be well in with a shout of the top 4 as United could go either way and Leicester,West Ham, Palace and them won't last the pace imo, The bayern munich excuse doesn't rub with me as you lot played on monday and thursday and had a ball of energy compared to us

Injuries have played a big factor again for us this season unfortunately but I'm delighted and greatful for a point against you guys at home and that should matter alot more than any other silly comment i made

Delighted now the International break is here (we usually fear them lol) so hopefully we can rambo and co back and no fresh ones from the lads playing for there countries and we have a good run of winnable games right up to the city game at the Emirates

I'd worry about the City game if we can't even get the line right.

Big games gab have to start, defence got no protection from midfield either because they were been over run

Sanchez's form when playing with Giroud is a worry too and will spell the end of Giroud I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Apologies it was just a matter of speaking you definitely feiced away 2 points today you played really well and if ya keep it up you'll be well in with a shout of the top 4 as United could go either way and Leicester,West Ham, Palace and them won't last the pace imo, The bayern munich excuse doesn't rub with me as you lot played on monday and thursday and had a ball of energy compared to us

Injuries have played a big factor again for us this season unfortunately but I'm delighted and greatful for a point against you guys at home and that should matter alot more than any other silly comment i made

Delighted now the International break is here (we usually fear them lol) so

No worries man, is a frustrating game at times as I know only too well. Am happy with the result and a little disappointed Spurs could not get the 3 points, but a point anyday at the Emirates is a good result for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sanchez's form when playing with Giroud is a worry too and will spell the end of Giroud I think

Seem to remember Giroud was getting the blame for Ozil's form last season.

Sanchez was poor today. Completely unwarranted to blame it on Giroud.

Really worried about Per. Looks like his judgement has gone.

greendom wrote: »
    Seem to remember Giroud was getting the blame for Ozil's form last season.

Sanchez was poor today. Completely unwarranted to blame it on Giroud.

Really worried about Per. Looks like his judgement has gone.

Not one shot on target in 4 games

I think he needs a runner in CF

Per is having a very bad season looks all at sea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Would have taken the draw pre-match and at definitely after 70 mins, but we battled well and deserved it in the end, a sneaky winner would have been so sweet but we didnt deserve it.

Key now is getting as many players back as possible and then push on to xmas, would be confident we will lift our level once this happens.

Ozil is the bees knees, what a supreme baller. Our player of the season so far? Bellerin, Monreal, Alexis and Cech a close second for me.

Pity we couldn't get the win today but in all honesty it could have been a lot lot worse. Spurs worked the hardest throughout tbh. So glad of the point in the end really. 2 wks rest and recuperation and hopefully give our lads some needed recovery.

The fùckin poppy fascists came out in force I see on the guardian prior to the match when they desperately scrambled for YET another stick to beat us with :rolleyes:

See my attachment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

The fùckin poppy fascists came out in force I see on the guardian prior to the match when they desperately scrambled for YET another stick to beat us with :rolleyes:

See my attachment

Christ almighty way to isolate a caption from context and tone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Pity we couldn't get the win today but in all honesty it could have been a lot lot worse. Spurs worked the hardest throughout tbh. So glad of the point in the end really. 2 wks rest and recuperation and hopefully give our lads some needed recovery.

See my attachment
    Where's that from?

He has a UCL hattrick...

greendom wrote: »
    Where's that from?

The guardian match tracker today. Couldn't believe how pathetic it was

Thats some whatabourary :rolleyes:

Christ almighty way to isolate a caption from context and tone.

Do you think they were being sarcastic? I dunno, it just seems that your a pariah over there if you don't wear a poppy. No issue against people of any nationality wearing them but the bullying that's going on is outrageous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

nice battling performance.
    An ugly point ... but then every team thats won the PL in recent years did it by picking up their fair share of scrappy ugly points.

something is out of whack at the Emirates, could be tiredness, the injuries, whatever, 2 weeks to sort come if it out and get the fizz back into hte team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Do you think they were being sarcastic? I dunno, it just seems that your a pariah over there if you don't wear a poppy. No issue against people of any nationality wearing them but the bullying that's going on is outrageous

The Guardian are lefties, it most certainly was sarcastic and topical due to corbryns comments today, and only there to compliment the other picture of him attending the game. Anyway the point is it had nothing to do with arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Yeah he looked really off and no way a fit Carzola would have been pushed around like that, he should have been left on the bench, hopefully he drop out of the friendlies and gets some rest. I thought Flamini did a good job when he came on.

Kirby wrote: »
    Ah come off it EFB. If he looked like quasimodo and less like a supermodel you wouldnt be defending him. He was horrid.

I defend Ozil too, I dont have a fetish for ET!!!

The Guardian are lefties, it most certainly was sarcastic and topical due to corbryns comments today, and only there to compliment the other picture of him attending the game. Anyway the point is it had nothing to do with arsenal.

Tbh i got it wrong if this is the case because the context of the post appeared to be taking a swipe. I'm unfamiliar with the guardians political stance tbh and never dreamed there was an element of sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I couldn't get over how bad Santi was today, he was miles off. Either injured or sick I'd say, because if that was his interest level in a NLD, there's something seriously wrong with his psyche! Hopefully it's a short illness!!!

Brave call by Wenger to put Flamini on, his energy levels immediately brought us back into the game I felt, and while I was a bit cringey at Gibbs coming on, it was also brave by AW. I would have brought on Arteta personally! I fekt Kos was poor for their goal, but our defence was offered little protection from midfield (Coq aside). Honourable mention to Debuchy, made some great interventions, despite the obvious rustiness, and it's great to see him get someway back to where he was pre-injury!

All in all, happy with the point in the end. Kills me to say that!

Mesut Özil is the first player ever to assist goals in six consecutive @premierleague games. #UCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

So we should not play someone who is scoring this season for someone who might scores this season?

farna_boy wrote: »
    So we should not play someone who is scoring this season for someone who might scores this season?

Both of those players have 6 league goals this season.

Honestly, this thread wears me out sometimes.

• Advertisement

Missing Rambo, Bellerin & Theo from the first 11, with a less than 100% Kos and a sick Santi.

And we still should have won.

We'll get 3 pts from their gaf if we're all fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement