Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ronjo wrote: »
    Yes we know thats your opinion but it wasnt fair of you to accuse someone of saying he is sh*t when that wasnt what was said in what you quoted.

I said call him shyte- he did. Twist it all you want. He said it. I disagree- but because I go against the lazy held consensus I get lambasted

emmetlego wrote: »
    Wenger even said after OG was furious with himself for missing all those chances!!! Let it go, will ye!!!

Wouldn't be much of a striker if he wasn't my tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

If somebody has the time, could they please do a mash-up of Giroud's misses from yesterday and the "ah here, leave it out" lady voiceover!!! That would be hilarious!!!

If somebody has the time, could they please do a mash-up of Giroud's misses from yesterday and the "ah here, leave it out" lady voiceover!!! That would be hilarious!!!

4 shots off target, won't be long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Nooooooooo it was hard enough watching them yesterday.

I was actually celebrating the one that went wide for a fraction of a second.

Is Welbeck due back before Christmas does anyone know?

efb wrote: »
    4 shots off target, won't be long

Chill out FFS!

Chill out FFS!

Xanax?

Chill out FFS!

I think its time to step away from the computer for an hour or do before you do either it or yourself some harm :pac:

So after that performance and result yesterday how do people perceive our chances of winning the league?

Anyone changed their opinions/more worried/more confident even??

• Advertisement

Still think it's City's to lose, we're best placed of the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

So after that performance and result yesterday how do people perceive our chances of winning the league?

Dont think we'll have the legs for it, I am worried as ive said many times at the lack of urgency in our play, too many strolling around at times. It was the same against Bayern which I couldnt understand.
    If we could cut out the defensive mistakes then we might have a chance, the games against the other top 4 are huge as I think both ourselves and City are capable of dropping points to mid table teams

Yesterday hasnt changed my opinion really, still some of the same mistakes that we've seen over the last few years in our play.
    Thank fcuk for Cech, how many points has he saved us already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He wasn't shyte yesterday either

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for throughout opinion
    Or maybe you're reading something and applying your own spin to it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Same as I was before the match tbh nothing's really changed for me, I'm optimistic about our chances but have been following the team long enough not to be getting my hopes up, we've been here before in the last few seasons. City dropping points in a much worse fashion than us and Spurs being the better team for most of the game makes yesterday a good result for me but a frustrating one all the same.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Or maybe you're reading something and applying your own spin to it.

Spin "Giroud was shyte"? Seems straightforward to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Spin "Giroud was shyte"? Seems straightforward to me
    Giroud was shyte - Today he didn't play great and his finishing was far off the desired standard.

Giroud was shyte (with efb spin) - Giroud is shyte, and shouldn't be allowed play for us again.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Giroud was shyte - Today he didn't play great and his finishing was far off the desired standard.

Giroud was shyte (with efb spin) - Giroud is shyte, and shouldn't be allowed play for us again.

Where did I intimate that???

I wish I was in work so I wouldn't be able reply so much to this

You could just agree to disagree sometimes and save yourself the time

What exactly is the problem with Welbeck? Arsenal.com says he is out since apr 26th and not expected back till January at the earliest, was it cruciate damage?

wonga77 wrote: »
    You could just agree to disagree sometimes and save yourself the time

Not much discussion on a discussion site then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/34762606

Jenas talking about Ozil. Might mention some stuff about some other team afterwards but ignore that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

I wish I was in work so I wouldn't be able reply so much to this

Id say theres a fair few on here thinking the exact same thing. ;-)

meanwhile back at the ranch..
    Gibbs as a winger, maybe Wengers un-covered a little gem, he has the pace , skills , lacks a bit of confidence but has been known to finish off a few moves. I think its an option, hes young enough to change his game and will obviously help who evers behind him on the defensive side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

My quick match analysis...rushing off to work.

Debuchy's best game yet since he is back from injury and Campbell played decent but ofc Campbell for me is no Walcott or Ox.
    We were obviously overran in midfield in 1st half due to Wenger's tactics of Campbell and Sanchez hogging the line to much...
    At 1-0 down I would've been happy with a point but when we got the goal I really thought we deserved all 3 with the way we went for it.
    Oh Kos was to blame for the 1st goal not Mert as some people have said on social media.
    We def missed Ramsey in that game yesterday, his engine is def needed for that type of derby.
    While Giroud missed 2 great chances I still thought he had a very good game.
    Now another break and hopefully some of our walking wounded will get closer to returning.

Agree with all of this.

Would just add that we probably wouldn't have been overrun in midfield if Santi wasn't sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Gibbs as a winger, maybe Wengers un-covered a little gem, he has the pace , skills , lacks a bit of confidence but has been known to finish off a few moves. I think its an option, hes young enough to change his game and will obviously help who evers behind him on the defensive side of things.

Gibbo is a full back converted from a winger anyway

Slightly off topic but what ever happened to the poster Jacksparrow? Used to post in the Arsenal threads all the time but he disappeared a while back

Always thought he was better in front of the lb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Disappointing, that's all I can say really. We're not looking great lately, really need to turn things around.

P.S. What's the point of having someone on ignore If you still see everything they say via quotes!?

Disappointing, that's all I can say really. We're not looking great lately, really need to turn things around.

P.S. What's the point of having someone on ignore If you still see everything they say via quotes!?

Just doing this to outrage everyone who has you on ignore :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I agree that he can be a temporary solution. He is not the cleverest or more consistent player, but he has something to offer.

My concern is that as things stand Sanchez will get no rest at all.He looks rather tired lately and it would be good if he could be rested for one of the upcoming games. If Welbeck was available he could play that role, now with all the injuries it looks like Gibbs is the only alternative - throwing one of the youngsters i.e. Iwobi wouldn't be my preference either.

The injuries are killing us again. The only thing that seems to have changed is that some players come back in action quicker than usual.

Actually could be an option for the next game to give Sanchez a break.
    Yesterdays goal will surely give him some confidence too and hopefully he can whip a few in for Giroud.

• Advertisement

Watch what you say and to whom:

@arseblog: Wow, the effect of Fan TV - https://t.co/3Zu3ResSEV @SebSB

The 16 conclusions on F365 is pretty poor. The weekend City draw with bleedin Villa, our title challenge in written of because an injury hit team could only manage a draw against a very decent Spurs team?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The 16 conclusions on F365 is pretty poor. The weekend City draw with bleedin Villa, our title challenge in written of because an injury hit team could only manage a draw against a very decent Spurs team?

It seems to be aimed at your average Soccer AM viewer

Actually could be an option for the next game to give Sanchez a break.
    Yesterdays goal will surely give him some confidence too and hopefully he can whip a few in for Giroud.

Is Sanchez on international duty over the break?

Hope not.

We're better than we have been in years. Get a few lads back, and a few rested it could be a very strong couple of months for us.

I find the constant criticism of this Arsenal a bit odd. I mean, Harry Kane being the top goalscorer this calender year was used as a stick to beat Giroud. Yet we concede a goal to him and it's just a sign of how bad our defenders are. It makes no sense.

Is Sanchez on international duty over the break?

Hope not.

We're better than we have been in years. Get a few lads back, and a few rested it could be a very strong couple of months for us.

I find the constant criticism of this Arsenal a bit odd. I mean, Harry Kane being the top goalscorer this calender year was used as a stick to beat Giroud. Yet we concede a goal to him and it's just a sign of how bad our defenders are. It makes no sense.

Sanchez has two competitive matches afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Chile play Colombia at home on Nov.12 and Uruguay away on Nov.17 so he's not going to have much rest ahead of the busy Christmas schedule. We're home to Sunderland on Dec. 5th so if some of the lads are back from injury, it could be an ideal game to rest him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

wonga77 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but what ever happened to the poster Jacksparrow? Used to post in the Arsenal threads all the time but he disappeared a while back

Name change? I thought raf had packed it in until I realised he'd changed name. It's not hard to cop the post styles.

In fairness though you'd want to take a break from here every so often!

omega man wrote: »
    Name change? I thought raf had packed it in until I realised he'd changed name. It's not hard to cop the post styles.

Yeah a break might be required. But this is the only thing keeping my mind going atm.

Looking into post graduate courses,

• Advertisement

The arsecast is excellent today, sums up the game perfectly IMO, well worth a listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

this cracked me up big time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKwlrYD7cN8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

omega man wrote: »

Ah, I don't like this trend of wondering where people are/figuring out which name they'd changed to. Some people might just have wanted to change their username, but others may have left if they were getting hassle on a forum, etc. I'd prefer to let them clear up any confusion, but only if they want.
    Yeah a break might be required. But this is the only thing keeping my mind going atm.

Looking into post graduate courses,

Hope you get yourself back on your feet soon Efb!

I'm cracking up listening to the arsecast! Evil Dolphins, business opportunities with wasps... Flippin nutters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

this cracked me up big time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKwlrYD7cN8

what the fcuk?

:D

The arsecast is excellent today, sums up the game perfectly IMO, well worth a listen!

If anything needs a name change, it's Arsecast. Why not just Arsenalcast??

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where's the fun in that? :P Though i do get paranoid when I listen to it at work sometimes......

Ol Donie, dealing with the big issues on a Monday !

Ol Donie, dealing with the big issues on a Monday !

It's gone unaddressed for too long!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where's the fun in that? :P Though i do get paranoid when I listen to it at work sometimes......

It's totally NSFW with the language! Today he called Spurs C**ts and F****rs loads of times! It's great entertainment in fairness!

I wasn't able to do any of that sort of thing at work

Now I watch loose women

Post-menopausal gas bags!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement