Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

efb wrote: »
    I wasn't able to do any of that sort of thing at work

Now I watch loose women

Post-menopausal gas bags!

Ya wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Now I watch loose women

Seriously, dude.

Turn that bollocks off. Do something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Seriously, dude.

Turn that bollocks off. Do something else.

Naw, didn't really watch it, 9-10.30 is frasier, Daily Politics at 12, RTE News at One, then Tipping Point (ugh) 15 minutes of the Chase, POINTLESS and OC and UC later!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Now I watch loose women

Go outside now. Get 2 flys, put them on a wall and see which one gets to the top first. Much better entertainment

wawaman wrote: »
    Go outside now. Get 2 flys, put them on a wall and see which one gets to the top first. Much better entertainment

Off t doctors its píssing rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

12196362_10153491463047713_2294420925739462088_n.jpg?oh=6599366808ad0b1a35e799891d634c04&oe=56C72C43&__gda__=1455149564_c00344bcfadaef7ca6e16c173daba665

Love this pic...the ballboy with his clenched fist in the background.

Patrick Vieira has been appointed as head coach of New York City FC...bit of a strange one that. Good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

International break coming at a great time for us.

In relation to the F365 article, I can see where thy're coming from with the injuries criticism. We looked dead on our feet yesterday and its only November. We're missing players but our bench is threadbare. We're in with a shout this season, but having very little in reserve COULD cost us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I like this one.
    There's something very majestic about Ozil.

Es9fM9e.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Really good point a few pages back about strikers in the PL.

Like if you could have any two at Arsenal.

Very very hard to look beyond Giroud and Ageuro tbh.

It's not Giroud's fault we don't have Ageuro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

keano_afc wrote: »
    International break coming at a great time for us.

In relation to the F365 article, I can see where thy're coming from with the injuries criticism. We looked dead on our feet yesterday and its only November. We're missing players but our bench is threadbare. We're in with a shout this season, but having very little in reserve COULD cost us.

10 players out would leave every team in the league with a threadbare bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

gosplan wrote: »

At this point in time id love Vardy, can shoot with both feet, has pace and a great attitude. In time he might turn out to be a flash in the pan but so far he's looking every inch a great striker. (I know he's a completely different type of forward to Giroud before somebody feels the need to point it out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Bony,Remy,Costa,Kane,Sturridge,Zarate,ageuro,rooney,hernandez etc.

Not saying they are all better than Giroud, but a lot of strikers seem to be overlooked In here all the time. Giroud Isn't In the same league as Ageuro or an in-from Costa and that's the problem. Giroud would be a great back up/option for any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Patrick Vieira has been appointed as head coach of New York City FC...bit of a strange one that. Good luck to him.
    Makes sense, he's a coach at Man City, and NYFC are pretty much Citys American franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

greendom wrote: »
    10 players out would leave every team in the league with a threadbare bench

Hardly a new problem though, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Makes sense, he's a coach at Man City, and NYFC are pretty much Citys American franchise.

Ya I know, I just thought they would have gone for someone with more managerial experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Not saying they are all better than Giroud, but a lot of strikers seem to be overlooked In here all the time. Giroud Isn't In the same league as Ageuro or an in-from Costa and that's the problem. Giroud would be a great back up/option for any team.

Rooney?!?!?

LMAO

Rooney?!?!?

LMAO

Yeah Rooney, Englands record goal scorer and a guy who has scored over 170 PL goals... so laughable. What's laughable Is how fickle people are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Yeah Rooney, Englands record goal scorer and a guy who has scored over 170 PL goals... so laughable. What's laughable Is how fickle people are.

His form though the last year or so has been brutal.
    Most people on your list I would consider them on par with Giroud, just that they offer something different on the game. Some of them could work very well in the current Arsenal squad.
    I wouldn't want Costa because is a complete scumbag.

Aguero is on a league of its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

keano_afc wrote: »
    Hardly a new problem though, is it?

That's for sure

Ah here some of those are silly.
    Remy,Zarate,Hernandez and Rooney :pac:

I do rate Bony,Costa and Kane but the only players i'd take would be Aguero and Sturridge.

Aubameyang would be nice.

Rooney??? I'd rather Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Mr Blobby wrote: »

I do rate Bony,Costa and Kane but the only players i'd take would be Aguero and Sturridge.

Well, Sturridge's injury rate combined with our injury rate would probably mean he would never actually play!! :pac:

They all have better goal per minute ratio's than Giroud but whatever, suppose that doesn't matter.

• Advertisement

They all have better goal per minute ratio's than Giroud but whatever, suppose that doesn't matter.

Since when? Not this season

Was it last season? Rooney include penalties?

"I don't have much baggage. I just packed my PS4, my TV and jumped in my car!"

Danny Welbeck tells the #ArsenalWeekly podcast how easy it was for him to move to London

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

emmetlego wrote: »
    Giroud is far from ****! He's very very good, but his finishing yesterday was poor!

He is a decent striker, I like him, but he is not a player that suits our style of play and should never be our number one centre forward, neither should Walcott. Both good back up attackers like the way Kanu, Suker or Wiltord were back in the day but we should be looking to bring in a striker that is clinical in front of goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Rooney has been **** mate what are on about? Makes sanogoo look world class

Gringo180 wrote: »
    He is a decent striker, I like him, but he is not a player that suits our style of play and should never be our number one centre forward, neither should Walcott. Both good back up attackers like the way Kanu, Suker or Wiltord were back in the day but we should be looking to bring in a striker that is clinical in front of goal.

I think he suits us when we need something "different".
    His hold up play and one touch passing are some of best i've seen in a CF. He just lacks pace and finishing.

• Advertisement

Rooney has been **** mate what are on about? Makes sanogoo look world class

He's In a poor run of form yes, Is that your point? Because everyone know's that. It doesn't make him a sh1te striker. Even In his worst year(last year) he scored 12 PL goals, 2 less than Giroud who had what some would call a good/great season.

He's In a poor run of form yes, Is that your point? Because everyone know's that. It doesn't make him a sh1te striker. Even In his worst year(last year) he scored 12 PL goals, 2 less than Giroud who had what some would call a good/great season.

Giroud also broke his foot last year and was out for ages.

That's exactly my point. If you want a backup striker, you won't do better.

Giroud also broke his foot last year and was out for ages.

Played 27/38 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

In fairness Ken that's a poor list, I'd be disappointed to replace Giroud with any of those bar Ageuro possibly Kane/Costa at a push

Rooney from a few years back in a heartbeat.

Think this is more than loss of form.

Costa on form yes but I'd hate him at Arsenal.

Everyone else there or thereabouts but no-one you'd swap Giroud for.

Kane but only if he can continue last season.

Played 27/38 games.

That's still 11 games out.
    Also Rooney's "bad form" has been going on for nearly 2 season.

If you're gonna buy another forward why go for a aging forward that will have little return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I think he suits us when we need something "different".
    His hold up play and one touch passing are some of best i've seen in a CF. He just lacks pace and finishing.

So two of the most important attributes a striker can have he lacks. Says it all really :pac:

Soups123 wrote: »
    In fairness Ken that's a poor list, I'd be disappointed to replace Giroud with any of those bar Ageuro possibly Kane/Costa at a push

A poor list why? Once again, every single person on that list has a better goals per minute ratio than Giroud, not sure what makes a good list on this forum but If anyone has one please share It with me.
    That's still 11 games out.
    Also Rooney's "bad form" has been going on for nearly 2 season.

If you're gonna buy another forward why go for a aging forward that will have little return.

Yeah? Well the season before he managed to score 17 PL goals which Is more than Giroud has ever managed In a PL season. Not sure what else you want from me here.

I never suggested buying Rooney BTW I'm just saying that Giroud Isn't the best 2nd best or even top among 5 the best PL strikers.

I never suggested buying Rooney BTW I'm just saying that Giroud Isn't the best 2nd best or even top among 5 the best PL strikers.

Ah my bad.
    Assumed you wanted to buy em.. :P

• Advertisement

A poor list why? Once again, every single person on that list has a better goals per minute ratio than Giroud, not sure what makes a good list on this forum but If anyone has one please share It with me.

Yeah? Well the season before he managed to score 17 PL goals which Is more than Giroud has ever managed In a PL season. Not sure what else you want from me here.

What's the stats your referring to? Rooney has struggled for goals last two years, Remy doesn't play, Stutridgeinjured last 18+ mths, Costa has struggled for a goal this season, Hernandez isn't about,

Soups123 wrote: »
    What's the stats your referring to? Rooney has struggled for goals last two years, Remy doesn't play, Stutridgeinjured last 18+ mths, Costa has struggled for a goal this season, Hernandez isn't about,

The stats I'm referring too are PL goals per PL minutes played. It takes into account every minute a player has played In the PL not just the 12 games or so that have happened this year.

The stats I'm referring too are PL goals per PL minutes played. It takes into account every minute a player has played In the PL not just the 12 games or so that have happened this year.

Hasn't Giroud improved at this a bit?

Like the Giroud now vrs when he first arrived.

Hasn't Giroud improved at this a bit?

Like the Giroud now vrs when he first arrived.

He has indeed. He's still not good enough to be the main striker of a club realistically aspiring to be the champions of Europe and England. He's missed more clear cut chances than any other player this season. Plus another dozen or so good/halve good chances.

As someone said he lacks pace and finishing, well unfortunately finishing Is the most important trait of a striker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Giroud is very good and has done well for Arsenal.
    Could we get better? Of course.
    Did he play well and score important goals for us? Of course he did.
    Is he good at hold-up play and lay-offs? Usually.
    He just was not at the races yesterday and was very poor imo.

Giroud is very good and has done well for Arsenal.
    Could we get better? Of course.
    Did he play well and score important goals for us? Of course he did.
    Is he good at hold-up play and lay-offs? Usually.
    He just was not at the races yesterday and was very poor imo.

and many many other days. I've said It before and I'll stick by It, with the amount of chances this team creates and the players that we have, If we had a clinical finisher up top we'd already be champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

and many many other days. I've said It before and I'll stick by It, with the amount of chances this team creates and the players that we have, If we had a clinical finisher up top we'd already be champions.

If we had just signed the lad with the bit of bite that time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sure going by that we might as well just get Henry back.

Ruud Van Nistlerooy ftw

• Advertisement

Okay I wasn't sure what the stat was, its not that simple though anything more than 12/18 months is kinda pointless. I agree with the point your making we could do better but I think he is better than you give him credit for and better than most in your list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement