Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont think hes even making the Ajax matchday squad for the league

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I see that Santi and Giroud scored tonight, which is great, would love for Santi to start scoring again, although I think his present role with us cuts down on his chances a fair bit.

Not really football related, but you could hear the explosion in Paris over the TV, absolutely crazy. Hope everyone is okay over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Giroud scores again. But the awful situation in Paris greatly overshadows the match of corse

Soups123 wrote: »
    There's always hope, I think we are capable of a draw, they have some individually good players but thats easier to defend against than a well oiled team.

I've backed Bosnia but we are capable of sneaking the draw. Football can throw out some surprise results I'm worried Hungry took this rounds quota last night

Should have backed the draw...

I back both teams to score :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

A truly devastating night for Paris, France and the wider world really. Such a horrible thing to happen, particularly to city which has only recently experienced a similar horrifying incident.

It's not a night for football or clubs or anything like that but it feels natural for me to think about the likes of Giroud and Koscielny. Both involved in tonight's game, both should be delighted with themselves, a goal for Oliver and a clean sheet for Laurent. I just hope both those guys are ok. It must be a difficult night for them.

• Advertisement

Thinking of Mesut too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

efb wrote: »
    Thinking of Mesut too.

Thankfully he didn't travel. The German team spent the night in the State de France. Not ideal.

Obviously pales into insignificance compared to what happened elsewhere in Paris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

greendom wrote: »
    Thankfully he didn't travel. The German team spent the night in the State de France. Not ideal.

Obviously pales into insignificance compared to what happened elsewhere in Paris

What was the story with Özil not being in the squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

L'prof wrote: »
    What was the story with Özil not being in the squad?

Rested because he gets no winter break in the premier league.

Ive closed my boards account so to the good people on here, come on Arsenal!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Go easy efb. Been a pleasure.

gosplan wrote: »
    Go easy efb. Been a pleasure.

Cheers, there's only so much personal abuse and bile and hatred one can read without being overcome by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Doesn't look closed, maybe you still have time to reconsider.

Doesn't look closed, maybe you still have time to reconsider.

I have pressed the close account thing- gone through it twice. I don't know. I'm on Twitter if anyone wants to keep in touch @efbman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sorry that you felt the need to-do that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

http://es.pn/1QChaP2

Good little read

Very sad to see Efb go. I didnt agree with every post he made and i agreed with quite a few others but he is a real good decent guy who added alot to this thread. All the best to him for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I guess I will have to carry the "rainbow" flag now that efb is gone! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

In the history books in a hundred years time, there will be Flamini's name in the list of the greatest pioneers of the 21st century :pac:

• Advertisement

In the history books in a hundred years time, there will be Flamini's name in the list of the greatest pioneers of the 21st century :pac:

He could come back as owner please god :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sorry to see EFB go, good regular poster here and over in some rugby threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Good luck to EFB! Good regular poster. Giroud arguments wont be as fun!haha

You would have to wonder about the intricacies of fate at times. Had Flamster not gone to Milan would he ever have bumped into his co founder? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

has Francis Coquelin been called up to the French Squad yet? I'm really surprised seen as he's one of the best in his position in the PL and probably one of the best in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Guess Flamini is handy in the engine room in more ways than one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cheerio EFB, I'll miss the days of logging in here to 40 new posts, 28 of which were by you. Hopefully you'll reconsider, if only to post in here! Who's going to defend Giroud now??? Wenger will have no option but to replace him in January! Won't somebody please think of Giroud!!!

I don't really contribute to Twitter or even check it all that much, but I might give ya a follow all the same.

Brooklyn Beckham made an appearance in that charity game at old trafford today :)

In fairness, he looks a bit of a baller alhough he was up against alot of overweight ex-footballers albeit formerly world class footballers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Good luck efb, shame you couldn't stick it out! Best wishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Brooklyn Beckham made an appearance in that charity game at old trafford today :)

In fairness, he looks a bit of a baller alhough he was up against alot of overweight ex-footballers albeit formerly world class footballers

Auld Sol has been eating too many pies by the looks of it...looked fair roundy..

Becks crossing is still just unreal, doubt there is anyone betting in the world at it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

On efb, sorry to see such an Arsenal and long time boardsie leave: all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Saw on the Guardian that Arsene is being asked by the FA to explain his doping comments from the l'equipe interview. Seems a little weird, I presume he wouldn't be under pressure to name names. Is there a belief that Football is somehow clean amongst the top brass? Just looking at other sports, its pretty unbelieveably to believe.

Have to say I won't miss EFB

He seemed to be posting for the sake of posting you would go through pages without anything been actually talked about

Good luck and all that

Have to say I won't miss EFB

He seemed to be posting for the sake of posting you would go through pages without anything been actually talked about

Good luck and all that

Was that really necessary?
    Feel better now?

The irony of someone posting about a "poster for the sake of posting" is strong.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Mod-lite. Let's not get into arguing over a poster who's gone, he is not able to defend himself and enough has been said now. He could well be back anyway.

• Advertisement

Was that really necessary?
    Feel better now?

The irony of someone posting about a "poster for the sake of posting" is strong.

:rolleyes:

Yep it was he bugged me so I gave an opinion

Feel a lot better now

Thanks for asking though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why did he leave?
    Thought he gave as good as he got even if his two or three word posts were annoying at times. Maybe he has troubles on other threads?

Why did he leave?
    Thought he gave as good as he got even if his two or three word posts were annoying at times. Maybe he has troubles on other threads?

I wouldn't think it's anything to do with the Arsenal thread. Got to be other threads.

Why did he leave?

I think he got a lot of grief discussing the France thing.

Regardless, after reading his tweets on Twitter, I'm pretty disappointed with his attitude towards this thread. I sure didn't see any homophobic slurs, and he seemed to be the one bringing sexual orientation into everything.

In any case, I hope he sorts himself out and comes back. He kept the thread alive, if nothing else :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I wouldn't think it's anything to do with the Arsenal thread. Got to be other threads.

Lol.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Lol.

Do you reckon he left over abuse in this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Do you reckon he left over abuse in this thread?

I'd hazard a guess a number of threads contributed to his decision.
    But that's neither here nor there.
    Just seen Dozen's post, perhaps best to park this conversation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, as mentioned earlier, since the poster is not able to defend himself (and since its off topic to the thread), move on from the conversation please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

dont know if it was discussed here but i was shocked about the paris incidents happening around the france game.

Was any of our arsenal players playing at the time?

i heard Diahara(ex arsenal player) cousin was one of the people that sadly got effected by the incidentds

dont know if it was discussed here but i was shocked about the paris incidents happening around the france game.

i heard Diahara(ex arsenal player) cousin was one of the people that sadly got effected by the incidentds

Giroud was playing at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

God I hate international breaks. Does anyone think we'll sign anyone In January? Who would we like to see In an Arsenal jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

God I hate international breaks. Does anyone think we'll sign anyone In January? Who would we like to see In an Arsenal jersey?

Well due to the injuries it couldnt have come at a better time for Arsenal.

I am a little concerned about the January transfer window. If rumours are to be believed (yes yes I know) then United and Chelsea are both going to be spending big.
    Of course it might never happen but I would prefer if there was no transfer window as I cant see us spending very much.

ronjo wrote: »
    Well due to the injuries it couldnt have come at a better time for Arsenal.

I am a little concerned about the January transfer window. If rumours are to be believed (yes yes I know) then United and Chelsea are both going to be spending big.
    Of course it might never happen but I would prefer if there was no transfer window as I cant see us spending very much.

Totally agree.
    We are always reluctant to buy in Jan (and summer too) as Wenger thinks that the value is not there and players are over-priced then. He won't spend over the top on players anyway and is probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

Kos also played in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

So another window will go by where we will not strengthen or attempt to, but our rivals will?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement