Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

emmetlego wrote: »
    Glory hunter... Waits until we qualify!!!

Is it true though? Can't find it reported anywhere.

Must say the tributes at the start of the Eng V Fra game were exceptionally well observed. Very touching. Also look like the Ger V Holl game was abandoned after a truck bomb was found outside the stadium in an ambulance. I wonder will this new ISIS surge have any effect on the BPL...

Bin Laden was a Gooner. Arsenal'll be grand.

Seriously, it feels like we're in a war all of a sudden.

Is it true though? Can't find it reported anywhere.

[url]Http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/nov/17/paris-terror-attacks-french-police-launch-fresh-raids-overnight-live[/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I was on about Dan Crowley. Did he declare for England?

Don't think there's anything official yet. He did score a great goal for the England u19s the other day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Could be wrong but i'm pretty sure i saw Kos limping around in the England/France game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Decent game by Gibbs for England, good to get some minutes, he will be needed in the next few weeks.

Just alexis now for chile to go for our international contingent. Fingers crossed.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Could be wrong but i'm pretty sure i saw Kos limping around in the England/France game.

Saw that, think he was just breaking through a tackle and just did a few jumps/limps but don't think it was anything at all.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Decent game by Gibbs for England, good to get some minutes, he will be needed in the next few weeks.

Just alexis now for chile to go for our international contingent. Fingers crossed.

Games like that will do Gibbs good but it was like a training game tonight. Neither team had much interest in it, esp France, and there was scarcely a tackle made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

When is theo due back?

• Advertisement

CUDAKKfWwAA2b_e.jpg

Koscielny: "We did our best, but everyone's head was elsewhere."

Hopefully getting back to training and focusing on the game at the weekend will help take his mind off it. Sanchez is starting for Chile so fingers crossed he gets through it in one piece.

Full 90 for Alexis again last night in a 3 - 0 defeat. 8 yellows, so the usual feisty affair.

Overall, physically it was probably a good international break for us. The mental effects of such a tragedy for the French players especially will be very hard to overcome. Weekend might be a good time for Gabriel to get a start? Alexis too I would think, but we are so short on numbers at the moment I don't see that happening. Giroud will have to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

Full 90 for Alexis again last night in a 3 - 0 defeat. 8 yellows, so the usual feisty affair.

Overall, physically it was probably a good international break for us. The mental effects of such a tragedy for the French players especially will be very hard to overcome. Weekend might be a good time for Gabriel to get a start? Alexis too I would think, but we are so short on numbers at the moment I don't see that happening. Giroud will have to start.

Interesting to see who, if anyone we have back.
    Ramsey and Oy were both supposed to be back after the break, I think Bellerin too.
    Lets hope so and not have the usual Arsenal injury delays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

ronjo wrote: »
    Interesting to see who, if anyone we have back.
    Ramsey and Oy were both supposed to be back after the break, I think Bellerin too.
    Lets hope so and not have the usual Arsenal injury delays.

Bellerin and Chamberlain due back according to Physioroom. Ramsey and Walcott 2 weeks after that and Wilshere a further week after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

L'prof wrote: »
    Bellerin and Chamberlain due back according to Physioroom. Ramsey and Walcott 2 weeks after that and Wilshere a further week after that.

5 LANS In 3 weeks would be some achievement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

5 LANS In 3 weeks would be some achievement :pac:

Its like a mini transfer window.

Well, what I imagine a transfer window to be like if we actually signed players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

keano_afc wrote: »
    Its like a mini transfer window.

Well, what I imagine a transfer window to be like if we actually signed players.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Now, I'm as happy as the next man that we qualified for the Euros...

But jesus, it feels like about a month since there's been any proper football. Can't bleedin wait till Saturday.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Now, I'm as happy as the next man that we qualified for the Euros...

But jesus, it feels like about a month since there's been any proper football. Can't bleedin wait till Saturday.

Very important we come back strong and get 3 away points. We need to be fully focused for Sat.

• Advertisement

Has anyone any word on this?

Alexis Sanchez is a doubt for Arsenal's trip to West Brom on Saturday after suffering a knock on international duty.

Sky Sports claim Sanchez is already unlikely to play in Chile's World Cup qualifier with Uruguay on Tuesday because of a calf injury.

He played a full 90 minutes in Chile's 1-1 home draw with Colombia last Thursday and is said to have been struggling with the knock ever since.

Chile manager Jorge Sampaoli said: "Alexis has a pain in his calf and we will wait for him until the last minute to see if he is ready to play."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Has anyone any word on this?

Alexis Sanchez is a doubt for Arsenal's trip to West Brom on Saturday after suffering a knock on international duty.

Sky Sports claim Sanchez is already unlikely to play in Chile's World Cup qualifier with Uruguay on Tuesday because of a calf injury.

He played a full 90 minutes in Chile's 1-1 home draw with Colombia last Thursday and is said to have been struggling with the knock ever since.

Chile manager Jorge Sampaoli said: "Alexis has a pain in his calf and we will wait for him until the last minute to see if he is ready to play."

That's an old report as he played the full 90 minutes on Tuesday I thought.

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's an old report as he played the full 90 minutes on Tuesday I thought.

Yeah, I didn't know he played. He probably shouldn't have if he was carrying a knock. Hope he's alright for Sat after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Papers and arseblog are reporting that Alexis has signed a new deal :D

Papers and arseblog are reporting that Alexis has signed a new deal :D

Terrific if true. Hopefully he wont play this weekend though. He needs a rest if he has played two taxing games a couple of days plus take the flight time to and from South America into consideration.

• Advertisement

Terrific if true. Hopefully he wont play this weekend though. He needs a rest if he has played two taxing games a couple of days plus take the flight time to and from South America into consideration.

Maybe he will sit out training and rest up for a few days, 3 full days of rest and he might be ready to go again. I don't know does he listen to anyone though, I can imagine him flying about at training like a loon today or tomorrow.

Bellerin is available, Ramsey and the Ox not. Another chance for Campbell then I guess, Alexis will probably play, unless we give Gibbs a shot on the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah unfortunately Alexis will have to play as we don't have anymore options. Campbell and Gibbs starting really would sound underwhelming. Need a win this Saturday especially with City playing Liverpool!

Bellerin is available, Ramsey and the Ox not. Another chance for Campbell then I guess, Alexis will probably play, unless we give Gibbs a shot on the left?

FFS so much for having all these players back after the International break.

ronjo wrote: »
    FFS so much for having all these players back after the International break.

A month from now is still after the international break.

When I hear it said that players will be back 'after such and such', I take it as them meaning they won't be back before then.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    A month from now is still after the international break.

When I hear it said that players will be back 'after such and such', I take it as them meaning they won't be back before then.

Ah come one, then the term after the international break means nothing.
    May as well say early December or such or by Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/11/wenger-in-no-rush-to-renegotiate-ozil-alexis-deals/

No deal for Alexis yet or ozil.

Trust Wenger to rain on our parade:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Just received the membership box.
    It has the usual handbook, a book about the invincibles, a pin in relation to the latest FA cup win and a cardholder.

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

JustTheOne wrote: »
    http://news.arseblog.com/2015/11/wenger-in-no-rush-to-renegotiate-ozil-alexis-deals/

No deal for Alexis yet or ozil.

Trust Wenger to rain on our parade:(

Why did you go to a parade that the Mirror told you about ?

Put the bunting away and wait for a proper news source!

greendom wrote: »
    Why did you go to a parade that the Mirror told you about ?

Put the bunting away and wait for a proper news source!

I was reading comments here too:(

Just looking at our games over the next 6 weeks or so:
    West Brom(A) - 21st Nov
    Zagreb(H) - 24th Nov - Ox and Ramsey expected back
    Norwich(A) - 29th Nov
    Sunderland(H) - 5th Dec - Walcott expected back
    Olympiacos(A) - 9th Dec
    Villa(H) - 13th Dec - Wilshere expected back
    Man City(H) - 21st Dec
    Southampton(A) - 26th Dec
    Bournemouth(H) - 28th Dec
    Newcastle(H) - 2nd Jan - Mozart expected back

From the Norwich game onwards we should have a pretty decent squad. By the time we play City, we should have the Ox, Ramsey and Walcott fully up to speed and some rotation can be done.

Our Christmas schedule is actually quite ok, very little travel. Nice break after the Villa game, then City at home, short trip to Southampton and then 2 home games on the 28th and 2nd.

Haven't looked at other clubs, but it couldn't have fallen much better for us. With some rotation, we should go full throttle during this period.

"Expected back" is one thing, fit to be on the bench is another, fit to start is another, fit for 90 minutes is another. Then there's the possibility of new injuries. Why should this year be different? We should go guns blazing in the first half tomorrow, make early changes and gear up for the game on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Just looking at our games over the next 6 weeks or so:
    West Brom(A) - 21st Nov
    Zagreb(H) - 24th Nov - Ox and Ramsey expected back
    Norwich(A) - 29th Nov
    Sunderland(H) - 5th Dec - Walcott expected back
    Olympiacos(A) - 9th Dec
    Villa(H) - 13th Dec - Wilshere expected back
    Man City(H) - 21st Dec
    Southampton(A) - 26th Dec
    Bournemouth(H) - 28th Dec
    Newcastle(H) - 2nd Jan - Mozart expected back

From the Norwich game onwards we should have a pretty decent squad. By the time we play City, we should have the Ox, Ramsey and Walcott fully up to speed and some rotation can be done.

Our Christmas schedule is actually quite ok, very little travel. Nice break after the Villa game, then City at home, short trip to Southampton and then 2 home games on the 28th and 2nd.

Haven't looked at other clubs, but it couldn't have fallen much better for us. With some rotation, we should go full throttle during this period.

This is also assuming we lose no other players in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Hate Barca but thankful they sold us this guy

https://vine.co/v/OLBWvOZJZjj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

wonga77 wrote: »
    Hate Barca but thankful they sold us this guy

https://vine.co/v/OLBWvOZJZjj

And we robbed Bellerin on them who thankfully seems to have left his Barca DNA in the Nou Camp when he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

And we robbed Bellerin on them who thankfully seems to have left his Barca DNA in the Nou Camp when he left.

I wouldn't be so confident of that. Arsenal are surely in a stronger position to fend Barca off than they were when they came looking for Cesc but they're definitely going to come looking soon as a replacement for Alves. I hope they can hang on to him but Barca is a big draw for any player, especially one that once dreamed of making their 1st team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

L'prof wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so confident of that. Arsenal are surely in a stronger position to fend Barca off than they were when they came looking for Cesc but they're definitely going to come looking soon as a replacement for Alves. I hope they can hang on to him but Barca is a big draw for any player, especially one that once dreamed of making their 1st team.

Oh I know there are no certainties in life but Cesc from a very early stage talked of his love of Barca and being a hometown boy pulling down his jocks and waving his arse at Barcas direction.

Bellerin on the other hand doesn't seem to on the front at least have the same desire to return or carry the same flame for Barca that Cesc did.

That and like you say we're in a lot stronger position now so I'm hopeful.

Was vidal not signed as alves replacement?

Jeff is on the bench today according to Twitter. Hope he gets a run out.

Jeff is on the bench today according to Twitter. Hope he gets a run out.

??

??

Sorry Reine-Adelaide. Arseblog calls him The Jeff :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

On setanta today?

On setanta today?

Chelsea game, I believe.

First time in a long time that I'm gonna have to find other means to watch the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Cech
    Bellerin
    Merts
    Kos
    Monreal
    Coq
    Caz
    Gibbs
    Ozil
    Alexis