Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Looking at the WBA second goal again and it's like a comedy of errors.
    Very poor defending and even Cech could have done better.
    Ozil lost the ball in their half under no pressure too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

WAS ACTUALLY EXPECTING A BIGGER MELTDOWN IN HERE!!!

The drama queens have actually made sense tonight in fairness... But if I may:

This league is wide open, both in terms of injuries to important players, and to important managers etc. We had a bad day today, and fierce unlucky with some finishing etc, but the big point is, so have all the other contenders! It was one of those days, fair play to Liverpool! Fair play to Leicester and Vardy... I'm firmly in the camp that we are as good as City, and we will win the league, as our gaffer knows what it takes better than the gentleman that is Pelegrini.

You can slate me in the coming months, and I'll take it, but I do feel if Coq's injury is not a long termer, we will win the league!

Mark this date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

emmetlego wrote: »

This league is wide open, both in terms of injuries to important players, and to important managers etc. We had a bad day today, and fierce unlucky with some finishing etc, but the big point is, so have all the other contenders! It was one of those days, fair play to Liverpool! Fair play to Leicester and Vardy... I'm firmly in the camp that we are as good as City, and we will win the league, as our gaffer knows what it takes better than the gentleman that is Pelegrini.

You can slate me in the coming months, and I'll take it, but I do feel if Coq's injury is not a long termer, we will win the league!

Mark this date!

I hope you're right and while i agree that we have as good a panel as any of the others I can see the lack of a battle-hardened leader preventing us from winning. We just seem to be too soft in vital areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Looking at the WBA second goal again and it's like a comedy of errors.
    Very poor defending and even Cech could have done better.
    Ozil lost the ball in their half under no pressure too.

Have no clue what bellerin is doing

He just stands and watch the play develop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Mark this date!

There is nothing to say that Arsenal won't bottle it like every other year in the past 10 years. I don't even consider them as title challengers as a United fan. It's between us and City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Basil3 wrote: »
    Really makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes. Must be hard when your club captain is nowhere near the starting 11.

Why is he captain? Even at his best he was never that good.

Mark this date!

It's just the injuries, man. No point in having a meltdown, but it's so frustrating.

We'll still win the league, though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    There is nothing to say that Arsenal won't bottle it like every other year in the past 10 years. I don't even consider them as title challengers as a United fan. It's between us and City.
    Ye got three points today because of an OG and you've scored 4 goals in your last 6 games. Good luck with that title challenge. :rolleyes:

This Arsenal team is the best since the invincibles. That's the difference.

Utd are probably favourites, as long as they play Watford every week. Otherwise, it'll be the most expensive snore your way to fourth place in history. Enjoy.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ye got three points today because of an OG and you've scored 4 goals in your last 6 games. Good luck with that title challenge. :rolleyes:

Best defense in the league so far but just disregard that! you guys always look good but at the end of the day everyone knows you never keep it up.

• Advertisement

Best defense in the league so far but just disregard that! you guys always look good but at the end of the day everyone knows you never keep it up.

A defense we put 3 past not so long ago. ;)

Everyone also knows that ye haven't looked close to winning anything since Fergie left and without him, despite spending more than anyone else in the world you still look a shadow of the club ye once were.

Yep. But that's still a lot better than you did since the one man that made you great retired.... Sir whiskey nose will always be the only reason. Fair play!

We're bigger than that now, so p155 off back to somewhere you're appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Can't blame artera for either goal, first one he got the ball. Second one Cech flapped and missed so was his fault, imo.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Can't blame artera for either goal, first one he got the ball. Second one Cech flapped and missed so was his fault, imo.
    what about the fact that for the first goal he never once looked at the ball as it came into the box?

This is brilliant

This is brilliant
    Add your reply here.
    You and I have very different ideas of the values of the word 'brilliant'!!!

Add your reply here.
    You and I have very different ideas of the values of the word 'brilliant'!!!

Brilliant in how delisional it is

But brilliant all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

golfball37 wrote: »

We just don't defend well with him and never have done. Whether directly or indirectly his fault, it's not acceptable this season. With Caz moving the ball around we don't need an ageing AMF playing as a DMF any more.

Flam is way more suited to the role tbh.

If Coq is fit, I have no problem with Coq 1, Flamini 2.

Sorry and all but Arteta should not play anymore unless he's coming on in Santi's position.

Yep. But that's still a lot better than you did since the one man that made you great retired.... Sir whiskey nose will always be the only reason. Fair play!

We're bigger than that now, so p155 off back to somewhere you're appreciated!

Bigger than United. Sure you are. In absolutely no way. Revenue, points so far, trophies won. It's obvious you have a solid team but Wenger keeps forgetting the Viera in the puzzle that used to get you over the line.

Bigger than United. Sure you are. In absolutely no way. Revenue, points so far, trophies won. It's obvious you have a solid team but Wenger keeps forgetting the Viera in the puzzle that used to get you over the line.
    head to head this year we are. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hah, visiting opposition threads for the first time once you've gone a single point ahead of them in the table.

The club you support may be big. It doesn't seem to carry to all it's supporters though.

gosplan wrote: »
    Hah, visiting opposition threads for the first time once you've gone a single point ahead of them in the table.

The club you support may be big. It doesn't seem to carry to all it's supporters though.

No better time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Quazzie wrote: »

Also have the best defence in the league. Solid foundations for a title challenge. You've conceded 12 goals in your last 6 games. Good luck with that title challenge.

It's another of those "who are these random people in the Arsenal thread" days....

It's another of those "who are these random people in the Arsenal thread" days....
    Suddenly they're all fans of United again. I've lost count to the amount of my friends who were massive United fans but for some reason all of them were "busy with work so haven't had a chance to follow them" for the last two years. I feel bad because their work must be gone very quiet since they're all back on the United bandwagon the last few months.

Surprisingly when we beat them 3-0, most of them had "no credit" to reply. Can bill pay phones run out of credit?

Give it a month or so till they get stuck into Xmas and they'll soon crawl back under their rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Man United fans are deluded if they think they will win the league. But so too are Arsenal fans unless we make the 3 signings we needed during the summer. But you'd need to be even more deluded to think Wenger will sign anyone. Throwing away another chance at the league by his stubbornness. Too much loyalty to injured / poor players. Arteta shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team let alone captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont think ive ever bothered trolling in another supporters thread although ive been tempted a few times

Didnt see the game yesterday but watched motd and it was hard to tell much from it other than Campbell missed a great chance and Santi fluffed the penalty. I watched the liverpool City game in the pub and while Liverpool were really good, City were brutal. Liverpools pressing was impressive and they pushed the City defence backwards several times, its something id like to see more of in our play as it is very hard to play against, the only one who seems to do it is Sanchez

What happened to Coq?

Once again our complete lack of a player to just do a solid job when brought on bites us in the arse. Arteta would probably still look good in another league but his legs are completely gone and most of us knew that last year. For those saying we need a massive signing to sit on the bench, rubbish. Consider also the saved wages if we'd let Arteta go when he was so obviously done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Hi i am debating whether to go arsenal game on Tuesday.

All due to the terrorist attacks. I meant to take my gf but she's worried

• Advertisement

Hi i am debating whether to go arsenal game on Tuesday.

All due to the terrorist attacks. I meant to take my gf but she's worried

Go to the match! Jeaysus!

You need a new gf. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Pudders wrote: »
    Man United fans are deluded if they think they will win the league. But so too are Arsenal fans unless we make the 3 signings we needed during the summer. But you'd need to be even more deluded to think Wenger will sign anyone. Throwing away another chance at the league by his stubbornness. Too much loyalty to injured / poor players. Arteta shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team let alone captain.

I disagree if United and Arsenal are deluded that leaves Man City and they showed yesterday they are far from perfect.

The first team to find form and go on a run after Xmas will win the league. As **** as we were yesterday we are definately capable and are second favourites.

Coquelin out for 3-4 months is all over Twitter. Anyone know of any reliable info?

sorry but u must understand my concerns about safety!

anyways what happened to arsenal? it seems as though the paris attacks effected the team i heard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Coquelin out for 3-4 months is all over Twitter. Anyone know of any reliable info?

Wouldn't be surprised. Looked bad.

• Advertisement

Doubt he even had his scan yet

But looking at it yesterday and knowing it's his knee it could be bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If Coquelin is out for any period of time then we can forget about a title challenge. United looking good at the moment and they haven't really started playing well. Realistically it should be City but they're so inconsistent. At the moment it's all to play for but Arsenal can't afford too many days like yesterday. Didn't play very well against Spurs either. Big performance needed against Norwich at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We wont be seeing Coquelin until the end of Feb/start of March so.

https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/668457111198806018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

L'prof wrote: »
    If Coquelin is out for any period of time then we can forget about a title challenge. United looking good at the moment and they haven't really started playing well. Realistically it should be City but they're so inconsistent. At the moment it's all to play for but Arsenal can't afford too many days like yesterday. Didn't play very well against Spurs either. Big performance needed against Norwich at the weekend.

I agree without Coquelin in the team were boned. Won't lie didn't see the game yesterday and couldn't bring myself to watch motd. Disaster of a weekend for Arsenal really need to start performing soon well more importantly get players back and keep them fit.

As for United everyone keeps saying they haven't started playing well yet I think that's just there style under Van Gaal it's not going to change hard to beat boring to watch lots of low scoring games George Graham done well out of it I just hope Van Gaal doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We won't win anything with Flamini/Arteta at DM. It's a complete disaster but entirely predictable and preventable by buying a proper back up during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

We wont be seeing Coquelin until the end of Feb/start of March so.

https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/668457111198806018

Ah fcuk. And there were some who said during the window we didn't need to sign a DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ah fcuk. And there were some who said during the window we didn't need to sign a DM.

Madness imo. An improvement on Arteta/Flamini wasnt an unrealistic aim and should have been taken care off in June of last year whilst not offering Arteta a new deal.

If we are not careful, we could end up in a fight for top fpur this season. Spurs and Liverpool are going well and with ourselves, United and City, thats 5 teams for 4 spots.

Did someone tackle him badly or something??

We might see Ramsey pushed back into the middle with Cazorla playing deeper

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not starting or suggesting a debate on Wenger but even the staunch Arsene fans have got to admit he took a huge gamble with no signing and it's came back to bite, any other job you'd be expected to answer to someone

Then the opportunity to address it (January) and you'd be expected to try sort it, chances of it happening here.....slim!

Madness imo. An improvement on Arteta/Flamini wasnt an unrealistic aim and should have been taken care off in June of last year whilst not offering Arteta a new deal.

If we are not careful, we could end up in a fight for top fpur this season. Spurs and Liverpool are going well and with ourselves, United and City, thats 5 teams for 4 spots.
    I'm more concerned about teams behind us than those ahead. Spurs now just 2 points behind, Liverpool a couple of matches behind us with a handy run coming up. They've 8 games before playing us and a decent run could easily make it a match for league position.
    Bleh, gonna win the league etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Seeing on twitter from Wayne Vesey that he is out for season. Not sure how reliable he is but it would be bloody typical

We just need to get to January

And hope he doesn't sign kalstrom then

We just need to get to January

And hope he doesn't sign kalstrom then

Norwich (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Villa (A)
    City (H)
    Southampton (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Newcastle (H)

There's our 7 league games til the 2nd of January. 2 CL matches in there too. Probably not gonna be fun.

From a while back :P
    15 from 15 and we could be in great shape

https://twitter.com/fkhanage/status/660502375313055745

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement