Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Norwich (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Villa (A)
    City (H)
    Southampton (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Newcastle (H)

There's our 7 league games til the 2nd of January. 2 CL matches in there too. Probably not gonna be fun.

Been an arsenal fan is rarely fun in fairness

Arsenal with Ramsey starting:

With W9 D1 L2 Win % 75%

Without W2 D1 L5 Win % 25%

Stats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Not sure if we would have got him but we really screwed up not going for Schneiderlin in the summer.

Arsenal with Ramsey starting:

With W9 D1 L2 Win % 75%

Without W2 D1 L5 Win % 25%

Stats

Like when Homer says everyone has to work a lot harder when he's around. :pac:

ronjo wrote: »
    Not sure if we would have got him but we really screwed up not going for Schneiderlin in the summer.

Nah we didn't need to sign anyone.

Come on, that was never going to happen. Regardless of the wage demands and all that, Coquelin was Arsene's main main. He would have definitely been loyal to him.

No way Schneiderlin would come to Arsenal without a guarantee of playing time right before Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

From a while back :P

Overly optimistic but a team with genuine title ambitions would take at least 13 from these fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Basil3 wrote: »
    Come on, that was never going to happen. Regardless of the wage demands and all that, Coquelin was Arsene's main main. He would have definitely been loyal to him.

No way Schneiderlin would come to Arsenal without a guarantee of playing time right before Euros.

Don't agree. He could have played both alongside and instead of Coquelin.
    Rumour at time was he would have preferred Arsenal and he was the one player I really wanted.
    Anyway, not much point in me bringing it up now I guess.

Overly optimistic but a team with genuine title ambitions would take at least 13 from these fixtures.
    Aye, we've all been there at some stage :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Aye, we've all been there at some stage :P

Should have known better with this team though :pac:

Don't agree. He could have played both alongside and instead of Coquelin.
    Rumour at time was he would have preferred Arsenal and he was the one player I really wanted.
    Anyway, not much point in me bringing it up now I guess.

Problem is that Wenger would never do that. That would mean dropping one of our proven midfielders, not to mention the ones that have been trying to play into a starting midfield spot.

Of course, they're all injured now and there's plenty of room for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

This is wrong, going to United was no guarantee either. You don't sign for big clubs from a club like Southampton and expect a starting place.

He would have been an excellent signing and have got plenty of game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Soups123 wrote: »
    This is wrong, going to United was no guarantee either. You don't sign for big clubs from a club like Southampton and expect a starting place.

Was just about to say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Just one season without an injury crisis.

So many years we could have won the league but injuries struck.

Soooo bloody frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Norwich (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Villa (A)
    City (H)
    Southampton (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Newcastle (H)

There's our 7 league games til the 2nd of January. 2 CL matches in there too. Probably not gonna be fun.

Those league games aren't too bad really. The City match is obviously the stand out one but at least that's at home and they are very much beatable. Southampton away could be tricky as well. As for the rest, I think they should be easy enough for Arsenal to be honest, even with out Coquelin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Players that should be gone next summer --
    Campbell, Gibbs, Rosicky, Arteta, Flamini and Debuchy (if Jenks returns).
    Not up to Arsenal standard now. I'd give Cazorla another season.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Just one season without an injury crisis.

So many years we could have won the league but injuries struck.

Soooo bloody frustrating.

It's a mixture of how we play and sticking with the same injury prone players. For the last 2/3 years you could guarantee absences each year for Gibbs, Diaby, Wilshire, Walcott, Rosicky, Arteta. That's too high a % of the 25 man squad.

It requires some balls and a bit of ruthlessness to resolve

Those league games aren't too bad really. The City match is obviously the stand out one but at least that's at home and they are very much beatable. Southampton away could be tricky as well. As for the rest, I think they should be easy enough for Arsenal to be honest, even with out Coquelin.
    Probably would've said that if I'd posted it yesterday as well. :P

Probably, but Tony Pulis sides are usually tough nuts to crack.

Since 2006 before yesterday: WLWWWLWDWD|W|W

8-2-2 in league matches, 2.17ppg. It's a popular narrative but it's not accurate.

Hmmm. I looked at United's midfield, and I would have said he'd be straight in there.

He wouldn't have had plenty of playing time at Arsenal, how many matches has Coquelin missed? I would say that Wenger feels a great amount of loyalty to Coq, and would have given him every chance to try to play his way into the French side for the Euros.

It's the same reason I could never see Benzema and Giroud both playing at Arsenal. Wenger wouldn't do that to a player he's shown a lot of faith in. He's too loyal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

In fairness Coq with Flamini behind for a single position isn't bad. Another WC player there would be silly.

Utd have better options there because they play with 2 DMFs.

Chelsea have Matic, then Mikel, then a CB or something.

A first team player did his knee ligaments so the backup has to function for six weeks, then the transfer market.

I think we will see more of Ramsey beside Cazorla than we will flamini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I think we will see more of Ramsey beside Cazorla than we will flamini

So our right midfielder would cover for our injured DM, but can't because he's injured, and even if he wasn't he might have to stay at RM because his replacement there is injured.

Still, Flamini is fit. So that's good.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    So our right midfielder would cover for our injured DM, but can't because he's injured, and even if he wasn't he might have to stay at RM because his replacement there is injured.

Still, Flamini is fit. So that's good.

Ramsey in the middle with ox on the right for most of the games I think

Ramsey isn't a RM. That's just where he plays because Wenger has to play him in the starting 11.

Is carvalho still alive does anyone no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ramsey in the middle with ox on the right for most of the games I think

I'd be happy with that if I believed for a second both of them will be fit at the same time over the next couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wonder whether Biliek will get near the 1st team squad, I think he's been playing CB with the U21 though.

greendom wrote: »
    Wonder whether Biliek will get near the 1st team squad, I think he's been playing CB with the U21 though.

Yeah he has been a CB

Think we will see Ramsey/flamini there, if things get really bad ox/chambers there

So if we have to turn to belik I'd say we're well and truely screwed

C'mon guys, why all the negativity? We haven't even pulled out The Jeff yet. Pretty sure he can play any position and be awesome at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

C'mon guys, why all the negativity? We haven't even pulled out The Jeff yet. Pretty sure he can play any position and be awesome at it.

Don't you know it's not negativity, more the opinions of some of the finest footballing brains on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Hi i am debating whether to go arsenal game on Tuesday.

All due to the terrorist attacks. I meant to take my gf but she's worried

I'm late to the party, sorry...

You are something like 3 times more likely to die from a bee sting, than you are from a terrorist attack...

Or more likely to receive a warning from a moderator for abusing United boardies here when you've had more than a few too many! (Sorry moderators!)

Hmmm. I looked at United's midfield, and I would have said he'd be straight in there.

He wouldn't have had plenty of playing time at Arsenal, how many matches has Coquelin missed? I would say that Wenger feels a great amount of loyalty to Coq, and would have given him every chance to try to play his way into the French side for the Euros.

It's the same reason I could never see Benzema and Giroud both playing at Arsenal. Wenger wouldn't do that to a player he's shown a lot of faith in. He's too loyal.

He would 100% have got game time both cover and playing alongside Coq.

I think your wrong but if it was true and that Wenger would show him loyalty to get him into a French squad then that would be awful management of our club.

That said Coq 100% deserved a chance to stake a claim for first choice DM and he has deserved it and held it well, the problem is Flamini and Arteta should have been improved upon.

I don't mind people have different opinions or positivity levels than me so maybe try less of the Hmmms and riiiights and just converse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I didn't post after we lost...does that mean I don't like the team? :pac:

I thought It was another poor performance that once again brought to light the problems with our squad and the severe lack of depth once again. Many people on here laughed at buying another DM because we had Arteta and Flamini...

It's all same old Arsenal so I'm not even too fussed, all I can do Is wait and see how things go with my fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

all I can do Is wait and see how things go with my fingers crossed

Often the case when you're not directly involved with something. Frustrating.

He would 100% have got game time both cover and playing alongside Coq.

I think your wrong but if it was true and that Wenger would show him loyalty to get him into a French squad then that would be awful management of our club.

That said Coq 100% deserved a chance to stake a claim for first choice DM and he has deserved it and held it well, the problem is Flamini and Arteta should have been improved upon.

I don't mind people have different opinions or positivity levels than me so maybe try less of the Hmmms and riiiights and just converse

In near on 2k posts i've said riiiight once, and hmmmm another time. There was definitely no offence meant by me saying hmmmm, but thanks for the advice, all the same.

Wenger has already had two players from the same country competing for the same spot in a national side, and maybe that was part of his decision making process when considering Schneiderlin. I'm sure it's not the only factor, but I'm sure it was one consideration.

In near on 2k posts i've said riiiight once, and hmmmm another time. There was definitely no offence meant by me saying hmmmm, but thanks for the advice, all the same.

Wenger has already had two players from the same country competing for the same spot in a national side, and maybe that was part of his decision making process when considering Schneiderlin. I'm sure it's not the only factor, but I'm sure it was one consideration.

That's fair enough but both were aimed at me and both in the last 24hrs.

It is a possible consideration and would make sense but he should then have came up with another plan. Arteta who we know has an injury that prevents him being capable of a run of games and Flamini who really is a third choice level player was never a strong enough plan

gosplan wrote: »
    In fairness Coq with Flamini behind for a single position isn't bad. Another WC player there would be silly.
    "Another" world class player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

"Another" world class player?
    Do you not think Coquelin has been world class in his role, in the games he has played for us?

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Do you not think Coquelin has been world class in his role, in the games he has played for us?
    He has played pretty damn well but could easily turn out to be a flash in the pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

emmetlego wrote: »
    I'm late to the party, sorry...

You are something like 3 times more likely to die from a bee sting, than you are from a terrorist attack...

Or more likely to receive a warning from a moderator for abusing United boardies here when you've had more than a few too many! (Sorry moderators!)

lol thanks.

well my gf may not come so i will ask a mate to come along

He has played pretty damn well but could easily turn out to be a flash in the pan.

Think he has played well enough for long enough to not be flash in the pan

I'm all for signing another brilliant player there and leave them battle to the death next season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Signing proven players and letting them battle for a position is what big teams do. Did City need de Bruyne? No, they had Silva. Silva gets injured so de Bruyne comes in and they dont miss him. Its the difference between perennial under achievers like Arsenal and the very top sides.

lol thanks.

Hey buddy....

lol thanks.

Hey buddy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

"Hello Kim? This is Arsene, how you fixed in January?"

Think he has played well enough for long enough to not be flash in the pan
    How long's he gonna be out with his knee? Vardy left it til now to start hitting records, a couple of years ago Coquelin couldn't get into a Championship side.
    I'm all for signing another brilliant player there and leave them battle to the death next season
    Well that's a bit much like. :pac:
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Signing proven players and letting them battle for a position is what big teams do. Did City need de Bruyne? No, they had Silva. Silva gets injured so de Bruyne comes in and they dont miss him. Its the difference between perennial under achievers like Arsenal and the very top sides.
    Again DM isn't somewhere you need a €40million or back-up. Someone who is consistent, fit and able to do the simple things right almost without fail will do. I'll go scouting for 6 months to answer the replies I'm sure to get for this post. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

How long's he gonna be out with his knee? Vardy left it til now to start hitting records, a couple of years ago Coquelin couldn't get into a Championship side.

Well that's a bit much like. :pac:

Again DM isn't somewhere you need a €40million or back-up. Someone who is consistent, fit and able to do the simple things right almost without fail will do. I'll go scouting for 6 months to answer the replies I'm sure to get for this post. :pac:

List please... 20 DM's who are better than Arteta and Flamini and available and cost less than 2 Million, preferably French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Reports saying Le Coq is out for 3 months.

Disaster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

wawaman wrote: »
    "Hello Kim? This is Arsene, how you fixed in January?"

"Broken back? No worries, we'll still take you!"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement