Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

I'll take a win of any kind tonight. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Heading to the game tonight, extra security measures are in place according to the club. Hopefully it won't affect the atmosphere too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I'm actually surprised most people are hoping that we win tonight. Would have thought that most would just want us out of both European competitions, especially because we have so many injuries.

Given this sudden change of heart/optimism/competitive streak, how would people feel about Europa cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

farna_boy wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised most people are hoping that we win tonight. Would have thought that most would just want us out of both European competitions, especially because we have so many injuries.

Given this sudden change of heart/optimism/competitive streak, how would people feel about Europa cup?

What?? If you don't want us to win tonight I'd question whether you actually support the club, Europe Is the no.1 competition, the whole "joy" of coming 4th every year Is that we can play here...people wanting us to lose and get knocked out have serious problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I would be better than Campbell for us...:pac:

Gnabry's career is being wasted at West Brom. Having his injury was bad enough for his development, but being a bench fodder at West Brom is doing him no good either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Did you see after Wenger discussed doping controls, which are a joke in football, ten UEFA testers turned up at Colney to test the team. You couldn't make it up

Mad but I just wish Wenger would concentrate on our own affairs and stop giving opinions and interviews about this, that and the other. He is always all over the media.
    There is enough work and enough time to be spent getting our own affairs in order. That's what he gets his 7 million per annum to do.

Mad but I just wish Wenger would concentrate on our own affairs and stop giving opinions and interviews about this, that and the other. He is always all over the media.
    There is enough work and enough time to be spent getting our own affairs in order. That's what he gets his 7 million per annum to do.
    If he's asked a straightforward question why wouldn't he answered it?

If he's asked a straightforward question why wouldn't he answered it?

He doesn't seem to have been asked at all on this but gave his views anyway.

It's not just this issue but he seems to be quoted and available for comment on just about anything.
    I'd much prefer if he concentrated on Arsenal affairs and was at home on the training ground making sure our players can beat the first defender from a corner and defend properly. He could spend his free time if he has any identifying the DM we need in Jan.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

At this stage I think AW just needs to sign a DM in January if nothing more than to show that he understands where the issues are.

Even if he believes that the squad can cope, he needs to openly show that it's a ongoing problem area for us.

Why spend all this effort and risk when a simple transfer can solve 80% of the problem. The January window, more than any previous window, is the perfect time for a DM. We have ageing players, injured players and a shallow squad. Any 12yr old kid playing FIFA or FM would be signing a DM in this window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I would be better than Campbell for us...:pac:

Strange the last game he started for us if scored a goal and got motm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Strange the last game he started for us if scored a goal and got motm.

Yeah just a shame about the other 5 games he's played for us and wasted over a dozen good opportunities because he closes his eyes and swings his left foot hoping for the best.

He's got a LOT of work to do that's my point.

Woopee, a return to yellow and gray on the cards :rolleyes:

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/11/leaked-arsenal-16-17-away-kit.html

I always associate this kit with the breakup of the invincibles and the heartbreak in Paris 2006. Yes we did beat Real in this kit but overall ill never remember it fondly. It represents our first falls on the descent to mediocrity for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Woohoo we're playing today!

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Woohoo we're playing today!

What Arsenal will show up? Personally id prefer to come 4th then 3rd if we dont qualify which tbh we're all but gone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Thursday night football would be a disaster imo. I'd prefer 2nd or nothing. Us and Bayern win tonight is a must!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Woopee, a return to yellow and gray on the cards :rolleyes:

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/11/leaked-arsenal-16-17-away-kit.html

I always associate this kit with the breakup of the invincibles and the heartbreak in Paris 2006. Yes we did beat Real in this kit but overall ill never remember it fondly. It represents our first falls on the descent to mediocrity for me.
    We're safe tonight lads. We're gonna make it out of the group. In fact according to this link from the future we make it all the way to the final this year.
    All in all, the overall look of the Arsenal away kit will resemble that of once of the most iconic Arsenal change shirts of the 2000s, the 2015-06 Arsenal away jersey. Although the shirt which combined yellow and dark grey was used in the lost 2016 Champions League final, it proved a nice modern take on Arsenal's most traditional away kit look of yellow and blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Quazzie wrote: »
    We're safe tonight lads. We're gonna make it out of the group. In fact according to this link from the future we make it all the way to the final this year.

To the bookies I go! Suckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭DvB

emmetlego wrote: »
    Thursday night football would be a disaster imo. I'd prefer 2nd or nothing. Us and Bayern win tonight is a must!

Wouldnt be surprised to see the draw there, settles the top two with Munich safely top of the pile with little or no fuss...

At this stage I'd settle for bottom of the group with no more bloody injuries.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

DvB wrote: »
    Wouldnt be surprised to see the draw there, settles the top two with Munich safely top of the pile with little or no fuss...

At this stage I'd settle for bottom of the group with no more bloody injuries.

It wouldn't leave Munich in guaranteed first though. They will win tonight. Far too good not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sick of seeing per in starting 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Pretty much as expected, I guess. Let's see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

ThoughtRamsey would get the nod ahead of Campbell, maybe too early for him to go straight into starting 11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Basil3 wrote: »
    Pretty much as expected, I guess. Let's see what happens.

Thought gab might get it

Campbell surely there by skin of his teeth too

Thought gab might get it

Campbell surely there by skin of his teeth too

Ya, but I guess this way we have Ramsey, The Jeff and Gibbs all on hand as proven goalscorers to be impact players and make a difference if we need it :D

Sick of seeing per in starting 11

Agree. He's alright when he doesn't drift too far outfield. A sea cruiser would turn quicker and Arteta is just as slow and more prone to injury. Here's a snippet about the two from Paul Parker and its hard to disagree even if I disliked Parker --

"Parker also discussed Arsenal in his column, singling out Mikel Arteta and Per Mertesacker for particular criticism. The former scored an own goal in the Gunners’ 2-1 defeat to West Bromwich Albion at the weekend, as Arsene Wenger’s side lost crucial ground in the race for the Premier League title.

“I'm still not sure whether he was subbed off on Saturday because of a real injury, or due to sheer embarrassment,” said Parker of Arteta, before branding Mertesacker “a liability” and claimed “his tracking back is the slowest I've ever seen by a professional footballer.”

Worried about tonight.
    Not about the result or anything but about who we'll lose to injury in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Won't be able to watch this one unfortunately because I'm in a recording session. Gonna be the first time I've missed an Arsenal match in about 2 years!

Come on the gunners!!!

Worried about tonight.
    Not about the result or anything but about who we'll lose to injury in the game.

Oh Jesus... We really have hit a new low when the result doesn't matter but the growing injury list does! :(

• Advertisement

Lots and lots of empty spaces in the stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Campbell to rip it up IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lots and lots of empty spaces in the stadium.

Thats the worse I have ever seen it. Half empty it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Thats the worse I have ever seen it. Half empty it is.

Meant to be because of very tight security - delaying people. I'd say it won't even be near full too though.

What a ball from Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was a great chance for Cazorla, pity he thought he was taking a penalty.

I want Arsenal to win.

• Advertisement

What a ball from Ozil.

Be some amount of top clubs sniffing around him come the summer. Wouldnt surprise me to see him go if we dont invest in the team heavily.

Bayern one up

Be some amount of top clubs sniffing around him come the summer. Wouldnt surprise me to see him go if we dont invest in the team heavily.

He verbally agreed to stay only a few days ago.
    Will sign soon.

Will sign soon.

Involved in the conversation Tayto? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    Campbell to rip it up IMO

Yes Campbell! go!!!

• Advertisement

Sanchez should've done better there.

Campbell finally showing potential.

Campbell doing well.

Will sign soon.

Doesnt mean a tap these days.

People have been way too harsh on Campbell in this thread.

Always rated him. Is it just me or has he shed a few pounds, looks a lot leaner tonight.

Hate to see Mert in the opposing half :(

Not really, just fair comments on his displays, he is however improved a good bit tonight... 15 mins in!

He's always looked better on loan playing for his country than he ever has playing for us. It's not he is under rated on the thread, it's just he hasn't been performing as well as we've seen him play elsewhere.

Always rated him. Is it just me or has he shed a few pounds, looks a lot leaner tonight.

I just thought he hasn't been given a chance and when he was he scored and put in a motm performance.

Not saying hes gonna make it but sense wrote him off without property seeing what he can do.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Not really, just fair comments on his displays, he is however improved a good bit tonight... 15 mins in!
    His only start in the league this year he scored and was motm.

What more do people want.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement