Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Head to head. We have to win by 2.
    Why do they bother showing the goal difference when showing the tables so. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Why the fcuk can Wenger not take Sanchez/Ozil off this game is wrapped up we need to keep them safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Or maybe he just needs to play against average teams more often?

A good few in the EPL too.

Beat them head to head will be equal so I think goal difference.
    With Bayern's 4th tonight I think it means a draw head to head puts us through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Referee must be blind.

Ramsey hasn't ran since he came on.

Quazzie wrote: »
    With Bayern's 4th tonight I think it means a draw head to head puts us through.

Yeah, only wins that won't put us through are 1-0 or 2-1.

Why do they bother showing the goal difference when showing the tables so. :rolleyes:

I don't know. I heard someone discussing it on SS the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

This is the format for table order:
    1. points won; 2. points in head-to-head matches; 3. goal difference in hth matches; 4. goals scored in hth matches; 5. away goals in hth matches; 6. total goal difference; 7. total goals scored; 8. better UEFA Team Ranking.

Campbell doesn't look as "leggy" as he has in the past.

Edit: now he does, and is stretching his legs.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Campbell doesn't look as "leggy" as he has in the past.

Edit: now he does, and is stretching his legs.

He was excellent in the World Cup and you don't get much higher than that.
    His hold-up play was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

That was beautiful

Chambers is like a calf that was housed for the winter and just let out.
    He's running all over the place aimlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Well done our team. Job done.

Now for a very capable victory in Greece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

3 points, 3 goals, clean sheet and a bloody good performance.

Can't believe they actually beat us.

Anyway no reason we can't go and win in Greece and go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

How the fcuk did we lose to these in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

wonga77 wrote: »

Heh that's exactly what I was thinking after tonight's performance! Anyhow not to be negative, was a great result, could have and maybe should have won it by a few more. Ozil in particular was great tonight but a shout out also has to go to both Bellerin and Monreal (even if it was clear he was tired by the end). Good performance. Hopefully more of the same in Greece and business can be resumed, scraping through in second place to the next round;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Chesney had a tough evening of it at the Nou Camp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Chesney had a tough evening of it at the Nou Camp

Saved a peno!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

What?? If you don't want us to win tonight I'd question whether you actually support the club, Europe Is the no.1 competition, the whole "joy" of coming 4th every year Is that we can play here...people wanting us to lose and get knocked out have serious problems.

Do you actually have problems in reading comprehension? I said I was surprised so many people were actually hoping for a result tonight. Funnily enough, you were one of the people I had in mind writing the comment. As for the BS about being real supporter, give me a ****ing break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Sky sports reporting coqs injury worst than first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Sky sports reporting coqs injury worst than first thought.

Wenger said 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I thought that was obvious by now, no, after all the press about it during the last week?

I also find it a beyond coincidence that Zagreb's counter attacking game tonight didn't look to have anything of the pace they had in the match in Croatia.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Saved a peno!

His back must be fùcked from picking the ball out of the net though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

farna_boy wrote: »
    Do you actually have problems in reading comprehension? I said I was surprised so many people were actually hoping for a result tonight. Funnily enough, you were one of the people I had in mind writing the comment. As for the BS about being real supporter, give me a ****ing break.

I don't have any trouble reading man? Why are you so hot? we just won. I never said I thought you didn't want us to win, I made a statement It wasn't aimed at you.

That's good that you were thinking of me I guess? Why you'd think I'd want us to lose Is beyond me? I never said anything about being a "real supporter" I just said I'd question anyone who wanted us to lose a competitive match In the Champions League.

I thought we were supposed to stop the whole individual little feuds and taking things personally? I've certainly tried but you seem pretty riled up over nothing really?

As for the match, delighted we won, It was expected. What wasn''t expected was Campbell having a great game, hopefully he keeps It up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I strongly suspect that more than one lad on their team was on the juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I don't have any trouble reading man? Why are you so hot? we just won. I never said I thought you didn't want us to win, I made a statement It wasn't aimed at you.

That's good that you were thinking of me I guess? Why you'd think I'd want us to lose Is beyond me? I never said anything about being a "real supporter" I just said I'd question anyone who wanted us to lose a competitive match In the Champions League.

I thought we were supposed to stop the whole individual little feuds and taking things personally? I've certainly tried but you seem pretty riled up over nothing really?

As for the match, delighted we won, It was expected. What wasn''t expected was Campbell having a great game, hopefully he keeps It up.

No doubt if he has a bad game next he will be thrown under the bus by yourself.

Ozil given 2 years to perform yet Campbell gets a couple of games then its goodbye.

bad2dabone wrote: »

Lol. Taking performance enhancing drugs doesn't actually improve your football skills. Not taking them doesn't make you suddenly play like rubbish, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

hiya

just saying hello that i am alive and well and so is every fan who went to the stadium as u all know that i and my gf was worried about coming to the game last night but all went well and great to see us win.

Now can someone explain what is needed for us to qualify?

Do we need to win by 2 clear goals?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    No doubt if he has a bad game next he will be thrown under the bus by yourself.

Ozil given 2 years to perform yet Campbell gets a couple of games then its goodbye.

Oook? So you're a fan of Campbell then? When did I say goodbye or throw him under the bus? He didn't perform well In 5 out of 6 games prior to last night, It's early days what do you want from me? :confused:

• Advertisement

hiya

just saying hello that i am alive and well and so is every fan who went to the stadium as u all know that i and my gf was worried about coming to the game last night but all went well and great to see us win.

We need to win. Any win other than 1-0 or 2-1 for us sees us qualify.

Win by 2 clear goals or equal the 3-2 or better.... It's head to head that counts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Chambers is like a calf that was housed for the winter and just let out.
    He's running all over the place aimlessly.

ha ha ha...Couldn't agree more.

Zagreb were done and dusted by the time he came On...But On a serious note I don't wanna see him there again. He didn't have a clue what to do.

bad2dabone wrote: »

Nah we were piss poor same night. Even with 11 v 10 they didn't look all that and very vulnerable in defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Nah we were piss poor same night. Even with 11 v 10 they didn't look all that and very vulnerable in defence

We missed a shed load of chances too, and our defending was like something out of an U9's DDSL match you'd see on a Saturday morning in Bushy park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

hiya

win by 2 goals or even equal a 3-2 scoreline will see us through

^^^ AHEM ^^^
    emmetlego wrote: »
    Win by 2 clear goals or equal the 3-2 or better.... It's head to head that counts!

^^^ AHEM ^^^
    ^^^ DOUBLE AHEM ^^^
    We need to win. Any win other than 1-0 or 2-1 for us sees us qualify.

^^^ DOUBLE AHEM ^^^

Lots of frogs in throats around here! :-)

Wasn't it refreshing in hindsight, to see us dismantle poor opposition in the champs league for once this season? And nice to see our subs step up to the plate?

Wasn't it refreshing in hindsight, to see us dismantle poor opposition in the champs league for once this season? And nice to see our subs step up to the plate?

Aye, It's always nice to see us playing good football and winning. I just wish we were consistent.

• Advertisement

What do you make of when Wenger was queried on why he started Alexis? He responded: because the break makes him tired. Could that actually be true? He's always had a great work ethic, but missing a summer break and being only in his second season without a Winter break must be a bit too much, surely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

What do you make of when Wenger was queried on why he started Alexis? He responded: because the break makes him tired. Could that actually be true?

Sure what would Wenger know!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Great to get a good result last night and see the team play well but make no about it the next game will be a much harder game and be interesting to see how we handle the pressure of a winner takes all game.

Back to the premiere league next were we badly need a result the last two results have been poor we could have had a nice cushion instead were back in all to familiar territory.

Scheiderlin didn't seem to play well tonight at all #Wengerknowsbest.

Scheiderlin didn't seem to play well tonight at all #Wengerknowsbest.

I think its the way Van Gal has them playing.
    Anti-football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I think its the way Van Gal has them playing.
    Anti-football.

Thank God United gave Moyes and Van Gal half a billion to spend otherwise they might have had an awesome team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I wouldnt say no to Schneiderlin now in fariness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Dunphy had another sly dig at Ozil tonght.

"Great cross from Sanchez which finds Ozil - which isnt something easy to do"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

What do you make of when Wenger was queried on why he started Alexis? He responded: because the break makes him tired. Could that actually be true? He's always had a great work ethic, but missing a summer break and being only in his second season without a Winter break must be a bit too much, surely!

Alexis would have been stuck on the same airplane doing nothing for eleven hours returning from the internationals, that's probably his equivalent of a six-week sunlounger holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Interesting you use dismantle there - I'd have said convincing win rather than a dismantling. I remember we the days of us absolutely dismantling the likes of Shakhtar, Braga and Porto 5-1, 6-0 and 5-1 respectively.

Been a while since we gave someone an absolute shoeing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement