Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

shano_88 wrote: »
    Dunphy had another sly dig at Ozil tonght.

"Great cross from Sanchez which finds Ozil - which isnt something easy to do"

Reading the star that someone left behind in work tonight reminded me why I dont watch Dunphy unless I have to.

He asked besides Sanchez have Arsenal anyone of real quality. Yea it's not like Ozil has been assisting game after game and been playing terrific.

The man's a moron who forms his opinion based on what's been popular in the media he's more so kept around these days for comic value nothing he says is of any relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

ectoraige wrote: »
    Alexis would have been stuck on the same airplane doing nothing for eleven hours returning from the internationals, that's probably his equivalent of a six-week sunlounger holiday.

On a serious note, I don't know how he can go to South America, adjust himself to the time difference, play two matches in a few days, and then adjust himself to the London time and play in another few days. It's sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Good stats video on Ozil vs Payet.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34932276

If Wenger finds the right quality in the January transfer window, he will do something. Sounds pretty much like last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Basil3 wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34932276

If Wenger finds the right quality in the January transfer window, he will do something. Sounds pretty much like last summer.

And every other transfer window! I imagine he'll probably buy another 17 year old or something.

Good news on Theo though, glad to hear he's had no setbacks and should be back soon. Delighted Ramsey is back too, his work rate has been missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭ronjo

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    And every other transfer window! I imagine he'll probably buy another 17 year old or something.

Good news on Theo though, glad to hear he's had no setbacks and should be back soon. Delighted Ramsey is back too, his work rate has been missed.

Is anyone new back for weekend? and when is Theo due back?

ETA I guess I should have checked Arsenal.com.. So Ox could be available which is good news.
    No real indication though of when Walcott is back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

ronjo wrote: »
    Is anyone new back for weekend? and when is Theo due back?

ETA I guess I should have checked Arsenal.com.. So Ox could be available which is good news.
    No real indication though of when Walcott is back

Wenger said, Sunday is too early so may be the week after.

Wenger said, Sunday is too early so may be the week after.

Maybe Maybe Maybe :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just as well we were knocked out of the Carling Cup, albeit at the cost of two injuries. That'd be a nightmare to manage now with the squad.

Chamberlain needs to put his hand up in a big way when he gets his chance, huge potential that still needs to be realised. Really need to win every game up to the City match to keep the season on track.

We'll smash Olympiacos too imo when the time comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Pretty disappointed with how Chamberlains season has been going. Thought this would be the season he'd kick on and start scoring a few goals. Been thinking that for a couple of years now though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Should have Ox back on the bench for the weekend, fancy Ramsey to start instead of Joel. Probably the only change.

Good to have a bit of depth back. now if we can just go a few games without getting an injury!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

I think its the way Van Gal has them playing.
    Anti-football.

Thats his philosshhophy!

For me based on performances this season I'd have Campbell ahead of Chamberlain in the pecking order.

For me based on performances this season I'd have Campbell ahead of Chamberlain in the pecking order.

I would view Campbell as a poor man's Ramsey. Too slow to really be a decent winger, but works hard and can play a nice pass.

Chamberlain can at least run hard at defenses and has some pace to him. I'd prefer to see him back.

I would view Campbell as a poor man's Ramsey. Too slow to really be a decent winger, but works hard and can play a nice pass.

Chamberlain can at least run hard at defenses and has some pace to him. I'd prefer to see him back.

For me Chamberlain has buckets of pace and terrific level of skill but does nothing with either no end product and doesn't work hard enough he's still the exact same player we signed hadn't progressed at all. Pace without product is useless imo.

For me Campbell can spot a pass is skillful works hard and tries his best and is only going to improve imo

Chamberlain has been given ample opportunity yet failed to deliver on most occasions. I wouldn't give up on him just yet but maybe a loan move would serve him well.

Ramsey yes but we may need him to play more centrally now and of the two I'd pick Campbell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Chamberlain can at least run ard at defenses and has some pace to him. I'd prefer to see him back.

Ramseys a fast winger?

I'm gonna study Ramsey next game because all I ever see most of the time is misplaced passes and shots.

I don't understand why I don't see what others do.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Ramseys a fast winger?

I'm gonna study Ramsey next game because all I ever see most of the time is misplaced passes and shots.

No, Ramsey is slow, just like Campbell. Ramsey is just better than Campbell at everything he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ramseys a fast winger?

Hope this post is been sarcastic

It must be

Hope this post is been sarcastic

It must be

No not at all. Its my opinion.

Ramsey has been good for half a season in the last 4 years.

He gives away the ball too much, misses loads of chances and is very slow.

• Advertisement

Fair enough

Don't see much point in even debating this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Pretty sure Campbell isn't slow..

Fair enough

Don't see much point in even debating this

Cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

To be honest I think in the past we have persisted with far worse players than Campbell, Dont think he's ever going to be a superstar but he does show some flashes of talent and works very hard. A spell of him instead of Ox might be a good kick in the hole for the latter, nothing better to motivate you then a bit of competition for places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

One thing Campbell isn't is slow, how can you not see that. Chamberlain hasn't progressed much over the 4 years. Why not give Campbell a run? For not being in the team for so long he hasn't played too bad. What a goal and assist in 4 games IIRC. I think what Ramsey does is that because he naturally drifts into the middle and has good retention and control of the ball its makes it easier for santi and coq while leaving Bellerin to do the attacking from wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

we should never have sold gervinho lads. there i said it.

i'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

So our much higher win rate with Ramsey starting than when Ramsey doesn't start is just purely coincidental?

I don't think he gives away the ball any more times than Sanchez, Giroud and the Ox to take a few.

He gets into great positions as he's such a clever player, but doesn't have much confidence recently and bottles it under pressure. He's already shown that he can score those chances when he has confidence however.

I don't think it's fair to call him very slow, he's probably a little faster than your average player. A player that is designed to and wants to be in a central position doesn't need blistering pace.

Sorry, when I call Ramsey and Campbell slow, I mean for a winger. I would prefer that at least one of our front 3 has raw pace, and will give a defence something to worry about.

In my opinion, only Theo, the Ox and Welbeck have this kind of pace.

I cant see how anyone would not pick Ramsey in our starting 11.
    He can give the ball away cheaply at times but he certainly isnt the only one.

He has incredible energy and provides much needed support in the centre also which is often overlooked.
    Plus he comes up with his fair share of goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Agree with everything else you said apart from this. He USED TO come up with his fair share. Not in a while though!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Campbell is ahead for me at the minute. Chamberlain is a better prospect, but I think Campbell has more to offer the team at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone notice how quick Olly looked on Tuesday? On 4 occasions he absolutely bust a gut to get into the penalty area when we were on the break. Certainly didn't look like a slouch.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Agree with everything else you said apart from this. He USED TO come up with his fair share. Not in a while though!

Last two seasons he has 16 & 10 which is an excellent and a decent return. One goal every 4 games last season is not bad which is what he had last year.

This season he does only have 1 but hopefully that will improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

jester77 wrote: »

Ooh this might cause a tantrum down the Kings Road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

emmetlego wrote: »

That's the position though.

No way would a goalscoring CMF continue scoring on the wing. Physically, you need to be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just reading the whole Mathieu Valbuena story (scroll down to read), we were lucky there not to have ended up with Benzema. Looks like Nasri is also deeply involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I cant see how anyone would not pick Ramsey in our starting 11.
    He can give the ball away cheaply at times but he certainly isnt the only one.

He has incredible energy and provides much needed support in the centre also which is often overlooked.

I like Ramsey but when you look back to our best teams under Wenger he wouldn't make the starting XI. He would only be a squad player. That is the level we should be aiming to get back to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Well lads, When is welbeck due back?What's been the general consensus on him from fans so far? Was gutted when Van Gaal sold him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Sound lad, fairly ****e though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Sound lad, fairly ****e though

He's a better winger than Ox and Campbell. Yeah he has ****e finishing but his workrate and power out wide make up for it.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I like Ramsey but when you look back to our best teams under Wenger he wouldn't make the starting XI. He would only be a squad player. That is the level we should be aiming to get back to.

I think he could have performed the same role as Parlour when he was a regular in the team

Thought wengers interview today was interesting

Mentioning they might be players on the bench for teams that have the quality

Amy good DMs who are currently not getting a game at there respective clubs?

Well lads, When is welbeck due back?What's been the general consensus on him from fans so far? Was gutted when Van Gaal sold him.

Back sometime in the new year. An important squad player, not quite a first team regular. He's been missed

greendom wrote: »
    I think he could have performed the same role as Parlour when he was a regular in the team

Id take the Romford Pele over Ramsey all day long.

50 50 for me

greendom wrote: »
    50 50 for me

Parlour was much much more consistent. Very rarely had a bad game.

The thing is that Wenger and the addition of Vieira and Petit/Gilberto really helped Parlours game. He was ordinary up to that point. Rambo hasnt had the same quality of player beside him in terms of power and strength

we should never have sold gervinho lads. there i said it.

i'll get my coat

Ban this poster at once! :mad:.......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Parlour was much much more consistent. Very rarely had a bad game.

He was, but only from about 97 onwards. So basically from around the age that Ramsey is now, up to this point of their careers Ramsey would have the edge and that's with the broken leg + recuperation thrown in.

He needs to step up like Razor did, but he's definitely got it in his locker if he can leave the injuries behind him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement