Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Lads having a wobbly about today is grand I'm having one myself

Lads wiring of the season while we sit 2 points of the top with 24 yes 24 games to go

Have a word with yerselfs

Sick of these 1mph half arsed games. Some of them looked very disinterested out there. There are those on this thread who actually think that supporters are being unreasonable in expecting a bit more effort then the pish being served up. Shíte performances which i may add are littered with arrogance and lack of desire. There is no point being talented footballers if you are going to waste it with half arsed half hearted b*llocksing about if you ask me. They are doing neither themselves or their supporters any justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This year could be different as I said already it's only November

I hope your right. But I have heard the same been said the last I dont know how many years, by including myself. So near but yet so far, we always seem just 2 top players short of a complete squad. Scandalous not to sign anybody in the summer.

Soups123 wrote: »
    We're always crap in November

We will come out of this bad patch and if we do only 3-4 points behind then we've a real chance.

I'm hoping the same still don't trust this group to push on though

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I hope your right. But I have heard the same been said the last I dont know how many years, by including myself. So near but yet so far, we always seem just 2 top players short of a complete squad. Scandalous not to sign anybody in the summer.

I still think we're lacking something to win it, and we could still impolde like you think
    I will throw the toys out myself then just not now when we're still very much in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

shano_88 wrote: »
    Is that what people are having a tantrum about?Ya its obviously a poor performance/result but we did lose 2 key players through the game.

What about West Brom, Zagreb, Olympiakos, Bayern away, Sheff Wed at home. These weren't just bad defeats they were pathetic performances. They seem to happen all too often with us. Its infuriating to watch.

Lads wiring of the season while we sit 2 points of the top with 24 yes 24 games to go

There is a greater picture here of a greater pattern of mediocrity. We're fed up of the contempt and lack of ambition to win certain games. We were played off the park against Tottenham in our own patch, shít against West Brom and shít today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Cazorla is injured aswell. 3 seriously key players gone in one game. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Be nice if we could arrange to take a mid-winter break next November. Maybe that's what happened this year but we didn't tell the rest of the league?

There is a greater picture here of a greater pattern of mediocrity. We're fed up of the contempt and lack of ambition to win certain games. We were played off the park against Tottenham in our own patch, shít against West Brom and shít today

And we're two points behind the season is not over

• Advertisement

Sanchez injury is a disaster altogether as if the other two werent bad enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

In fairness it's a lot easier to look back at our last 10 or so seasons and form an opinion on our chances this season then it is to have just hope, now matter how optimisictc you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Ozil Sanchez wont hang around after this season.

Carrying the team.

Where see that?

And we're two points behind the season is not over

If we dont get our act together and start putting away these mid-low table teams it will be before we know it

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Ozil Sanchez wont hang around after this season.

Carrying the team.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

Where see that?

Wenger said he finished the game on one leg.

If we dont get our act together and start putting away these mid-low table teams it will be before we know it

Quiet possibly but not yet

Ramsey poor, Bellerin looking like his run of form might be coming to an end, Gabriel as useless as ever, Giroud offered very little.

• Advertisement

That's three poor performances in a row in the League. I don't get why anyone would not be p*ssed off.

We never looked like winning that and to be honest, who would have been surprised if Norwich hadn't grabbed a second on the break.

:rolleyes:

Care to debate this instead of a lazy smart arse face?

Ramsey poor, Bellerin looking like his run of form might be coming to an end, Gabriel as useless as ever, Giroud offered very little.

Ramsey - first start after coming back from injury
    Bellerin - young player in being inconsistent, thats a surprise.
    Gabriel - had a poor game but has been very good since he signed, bull**** again.
    Giroud - had a poor game but again has been good this season.

Monreal's crossing was awful today and Bellerin was really poor in general.

Gabriel was badly at fault for the goal (as was Bellerin) but he played pretty well apart from that.

Care to debate this instead of a lazy smart arse face?

Ill stick to the smileys, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Jeez thought we were catching a break with the Ox and Ramsey back now three more out for who knows how long. Need to install a revolving door in the physio room.

• Advertisement

Ill stick to the smileys, thanks.

Because you have nothing to respond with that makes my point invalid.

Thank you for proving that.

Kos and Cazorla have a good chance of been fit for next week

Thank god

Thank god

Any news on Sanchez?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I wouldn't worry, we'll put together another amazing run from February to May when we're out of the race and then a will be rosy again. Next summer we'll be told the squad is strong and the manager has full confidence in his team.

Thank god

That's good to hear. I still am not convinced by Gabriel.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Any news on Sanchez?

Has to go for a scan I'd imagine.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry, we'll put together another amazing run from February to May when we're out of the race and then a will be rosy again. Next summer we'll be told the squad is strong and the manager has full confidence in his team.

OK, so we will be out of the race by Feb?

As far as I'm concerned, we are playing like rubbish and somehow still in the mix. I can live with that for now.

Our match against City on the December 21st is huge. Win that and we have a real chance this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Because you have nothing to respond with that makes my point invalid.

Thank you for proving that.

Your point? Or did I miss another post?

"Ozil Sanchez wont hang around after this season."

symbolic wrote: »
    Your point? Or did I miss another post?

"Ozil Sanchez wont hang around after this season."

No idea what youre on about.

I made a post. A poster responded with one of the smart condescending faces instead of actually debating my post.

Now youre doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I love the way, when we lose, we pick out the same two or three players that we feel didn't perform well :rolleyes:

Giroud didn't have a chance to play well, how many successful balls into the box did they have? Oxade Chamberlain had two, can't remember anything else. Ramsey's just back from injury as well.

What I am annoyed about is Wenger not rating Sanchez for the Zagreb match. I was annoyed to see him in the starting XI midweek, and for him not to come off in that match was even crazier.

I love the way, when we lose, we pick out the same two or three players that we feel didn't perform well :rolleyes:

Giroud didn't have a chance to play well, how many successful balls into the box did they have? Oxade Chamberlain had two, can't remember anything else. Ramsey's just back from injury as well.

What I am annoyed about is Wenger not rating Sanchez for the Zagreb match. I was annoyed to see him in the starting XI midweek, and for him not to come off in that match was even crazier.

I think the problem is that Sanchez wants to play, and Wenger feels that resting him doesn't help him.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/671037366413475840

greendom wrote: »
    Any news on Sanchez?

Sanchez said he got a kick if he is right will be back for weekend

Wenger thinks it's a muscle injury if he is right he will be out 2-3 weeks minimum

We won't no until tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

No idea what youre on about.

I made a post. A poster responded with one of the smart condescending faces instead of actually debating my post.

Now youre doing the same.

So were going to debate if Sanchez and Ozil will stay at Arsenal after this season ends.

Well from reading this thread we know that Arsenal have been doing the same thing for the last ten years.. So bad management. No ambition. Incompetence. So we could deduce that Ozil and Sanchez knew this and still joined so will be happy to continue? So I think you might keep them next summer.

How bad was the ox when he came on

Just making bad decisions

Think he is a bit brain dead

How bad was the ox when he came on

Just making bad decisions

Think he is a bit brain dead

If I was going to choose an individual player to single out, it wouldn't be him.

• Advertisement

symbolic wrote: »
    So were going to debate if Sanchez and Ozil will stay at Arsenal after this season ends.

Well from reading this thread we know that Arsenal have been doing the same thing for the last ten years.. So bad management. No ambition. Incompetence. So we could deduce that Ozil and Sanchez knew this and still joined so will be happy to continue? So I think you might keep them next summer.
    We have signed top players through those years who lost faith after a couple of seasons and left.

Seems as if this season has a sense of deja vu I can see it happening with some of our top players again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Coincidence our form tailed off when we lost walcott as our striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Basil3 wrote: »
    I think the problem is that Sanchez wants to play, and Wenger feels that resting him doesn't help him.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/671037366413475840

And you think that Sanchez would say no to playing a game if he had a slight problem? It was clear from my sitting room that Sanchez was due a rest for a long time. Playing two games per week at his rate is not sustainable.

And this isn't about Norwich, this is about Zagreb. We shouldn't need to risk a top drawer player against a mediocre side.

Ramsey - first start after coming back from injury
    So you're not disagreeing? Good.
    Bellerin - young player in being inconsistent, thats a surprise.
    Again you're not disagreeing.
    Gabriel - had a poor game but has been very good since he signed, bull**** again.
    He's ****. I've explained my position at length before using numbers and statistics and logic. Today he cost us a goal. So again, you're not disagreeing that he was poor.
    Giroud - had a poor game but again has been good this season
    So again you're not disagreeing.

It's amazing that you can agree with what I said yet in an effort to be "POSITIVE" and go against the big bad "NEGATIVE" you'll be so combative. It's rather sad really.

And you think that Sanchez would say no to playing a game if he had a slight problem? It was clear from my sitting room that Sanchez was due a rest for a long time. Playing two games per week at his rate is not sustainable.

And this isn't about Norwich, this is about Zagreb. We shouldn't need to risk a top drawer player against a mediocre side.

Yes, but of course when we rest our top players against Zagreb and lose.........well, we all know what happens then, right?

Basil3 wrote: »
    If I was going to choose an individual player to single out, it wouldn't be him.

Oh I no that

What I'm saying is he seems to always make the wrong decision

Coincidence our form tailed off when we lost walcott as our striker?

Think your into something

Think we need that fast striker to get the best out of this team

Oh I no that

What I'm saying is he seems to always make the wrong decision

He's just back from injury in fairness.

Hasn't been great this year in general though, looks short of confidence.

He's ****. I've explained my position at length before using numbers and statistics and logic. Today he cost us a goal. So again, you're not disagreeing that he was poor.

Unfortunately using stats to show that Gabriel isn't good doesn't really work, because he's a solid backup, statistically.

Iy4a0TV.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

2 points from a possible 9 in our last 3 games is piss poor.
    We would win nothing with that and only 1 point from WBA and Norwich, two poor teams imo, is not even close to the form you'd need to win the EPl.

I'm not surprised though really as we've all seen this before in other seasons where we failed to win anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement