Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making a decision about college?

• 27-10-2015 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys, Im in 6th year and i need to make a decision about what i wanna do in college. I always wanted to do psychology but I wont get more thank 400 points in my leaving cert. I was thinking about going dbs or ncirl because you dont need that much points to do psychology, but the costs are very high e5,500+ what do you guys think? would it be worth it? im thinking about doing 3 years and then doing a master. does anyone know if studying psychology is hard? and what can i do after i get my masters ? can i become a psychologist after that? do you know any other colleges that do psychology courses with no more than 400 points, i wont hide that dbs or nci are my dream colleges because they are not, i always wanted to go to ucd tbh but you need 500 or more points, if i did a plc course would i be then be able to get into ucd does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

This would be better suited for the leaving cert forum, and I can't answer your other questions, but NUIG offers psychology as part of the joint arts degree for 300 points, and you can transfer into denominated psychology after 1st year. Only stipulation is that you need to be in the top 100 students (out of 600, but not all of whom want to continue with it, so places will open up).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

Moved to Leaving Cert forum from Work & Jobs; please note a new charter is now in effect.

//MOD

Advertisement