Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Roselawn no longer 24 hours

Options
  • 27-10-2015 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Was just there and wondered why the 3am shelf stacking obstacle course was now present at 10pm but discovered it's now 7am to midnight. A loss to the area imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Dang, used to be handy for bits after a late night flight or that. I guess the cost of security and overheads doesnt add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

That's a loss alright, I thought it would have been popular with JCM staff etc coming off their night shifts and after staying 24 hour through the recession too.

Wouldn't be surprised if that entire centre is redeveloped one day, the Tesco is so out of date when compared to the one at Cabra cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,805 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I thought the hospital and Garda station would have provided enough base load of late night customers due to shift work; but it was the last 24/7 Tesco in the country as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Maybe the migration to online shopping means those with unsociable working hours can avail of that better than having to do a physical in store shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,805 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ongarboy wrote: »
    Maybe the migration to online shopping means those with unsociable working hours can avail of that better than having to do a physical in store shop.

Neither great for delivery slots or realising you've forgotten something

Is the shop at Tractamotors 24 hour? Thats new-ish (few years) and would have had an impact on the emergency litre of milk / loaf of bread / johnnies traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

L1011 wrote: »
    Neither great for delivery slots or realising you've forgotten something

Is the shop at Tractamotors 24 hour? Thats new-ish (few years) and would have had an impact on the emergency litre of milk / loaf of bread / johnnies traffic.
    No. Closes before midnight. No idea where nearest 24 hour store is now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Sadly only the petrol stations are 24 hours. The ones that I know of are hartstown, mulhuddart and Clonsilla road. But they're behind hatch after 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

A staff member working on the till told me it was mainly for security reasons. She said many of the staff didn't feel safe when weirdos or drunk people arrived in the wee small hours.

Advertisement