Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Opening Dry Cleaners

Options
  • 28-10-2015 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a late-ish opening dry cleaners - preferably around the Douglas area? Tried Cremin's in Douglas Village but they're only open till 7pm on a Thursday & Friday; I'd prefer somewhere thats open late early in the week so I could drop off on a Friday / Saturday and collect on a Monday / Tuesday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Try Mcgraths cleaners next to carry out off licence on the Douglas Rd. I think they are open till 7 on week nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

suds1984 wrote: »
    Try Mcgraths cleaners next to carry out off licence on the Douglas Rd. I think they are open till 7 on week nights.
    LOL
    Are you a laundrette expert with that username??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

I noticed there's a self-service laundrette next to the GreatGas fuel station out in Turner's Cross, across from the new McDonalds if that's of much use. Seems to be open pretty late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

suds1984 wrote: »
    Thanks, will give them a look
    Fabio wrote: »
    I noticed there's a self-service laundrette next to the GreatGas fuel station out in Turner's Cross, across from the new McDonalds if that's of much use. Seems to be open pretty late.
    Yeah, I'm more looking for someone else to do the work really :p

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I think grange laundrette will collect if you ask them. They did for me but I don't know if that was because I live in the same estate as the owner. Worth a try though if you are stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

LOL
    Are you a laundrette expert with that username??

Haha .. No would love if I had someone else to do my laundry for me!! Was over by mcgraths cleaners last evening and looks like he closes at 6pm now - used to be handy for the dry cleaning. Looks like the pick up might be the way to go.

Yeah had a look at the sign on their door and its 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday so that won't work for me unfortunately.

Was hoping I'd get up to grange over the weekend but ran out of time so I'll have to give them a ring instead. Here's hoping they have better hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was going to say the place by Aston but tis only open until seven.. Can I ask the obvious as why aren't you doing it yourself..

Milly33 wrote: »
    I was going to say the place by Aston but tis only open until seven.. Can I ask the obvious as why aren't you doing it yourself..

Quite simply, I hate ironing with a passion so would much rather throw money at others to do it for me :pac:

Ah I see, did I do ironing for you before or was that someone else.. haha well at least you admit it.. I see you tried the self service ones but they wouldn't suit..Dont know youll just have to grow to love the washing machine..

• Advertisement

That must have been someone else - don't think I've ever sent out my ironing. The washing doesn't bother me really, its just the ironing I can't stand :p

Well if you were badly stuck let me know... Was thinking himself is a very clever man as before I hated ironing as we had a crap iron and sure what did we get a super fancy one and sure now Id iron anything...

Milly33 wrote: »
    Well if you were badly stuck let me know... Was thinking himself is a very clever man as before I hated ironing as we had a crap iron and sure what did we get a super fancy one and sure now Id iron anything...

Suppose proper tools do make all the difference! Maybe I just need to invest in a proper iron and less wobbly board :)

Perhaps the one we picked up after a week of blissfull marriage was a tefal steam iron and I'm telling ya it does make you want to iron more..

Advertisement