Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chieftains playing alone?

• 28-10-2015 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I haven't got any of their music yet and so for my first CD purchase I would like to get something which is really just the Chieftains playing traditional Irish music. I don't want any guest singers joining them.
    Can anyone head me in the right direction? Thanks alot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,624 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Pretty well anything they recorded up to 1980 - The Chieftains, The Chieftains 2, and so forth all the way up to The Chieftains 10. Most (but not all) of the albums after that have some guest involvement, though not always "guest singers" - it can be instrumentalists (e.g. James Galway) or an orchestra (the RTE Concert Orchestra, a chinese folk orchestra, the Belfast Harp Orchestra)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nbrome

I really appreciate your quick reply Peregrinus. I will take your advice, and where better to start off than with their Chieftains 1 !
    I notice all those early albums are generally a bit more expensive, but I think it will be worth it for what I want as a starter.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement