Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Rock golf club, Cork

• 28-10-2015 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭

They introduced membership here in 2015

Just wondering if anyone joined or know of others who joined? If yes how'd it work out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

big_drive wrote: »
    They introduced membership here in 2015

Just wondering if anyone joined or know of others who joined? If yes how'd it work out?

I know of a couple of people who joined.
    It's a membership that gives discounted green fees. They're local and played there a lot anyway so it suits them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Any idea was there competitions?

I'm currently paying €1,200 a year at a club in Cork. I would have played every Saturday & Sunday in club competition. Also would try to fit in a couple of games during the week particularly in summer

However due to work and other commitments for 2016 I'll only be able to play approx once a month.
    Was thinking of Waterrock as I'd like to keep my handicap active so I may be able to play an odd open comp or scratch cup
    Will have to make some move as can't justify paying €1,200 next year for a dozen games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭yipsnomore

Any idea was there competitions?

I'm currently paying €1,200 a year at a club in Cork. I would have played every Saturday & Sunday in club competition. Also would try to fit in a couple of games during the week particularly in summer

However due to work and other commitments for 2016 I'll only be able to play approx once a month.
    Was thinking of Waterrock as I'd like to keep my handicap active so I may be able to play an odd open comp or scratch cup
    Will have to make some move as can't justify paying €1,200 next year for a dozen games

What about Muskerry, 800 for first year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

yipsnomore wrote: »
    What about Muskerry, 800 for first year.

Any idea what they charge for the second year?

No but I dont think it will work if they just hike every one back up to over 1400 as it is at present I think.

Im guessing if enough join they will go somewhere in the middle for everyone year2. They probably just have to see how many new members they get.

Any Muskerry members here?

• Advertisement

Lee Valley Im guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

New members in Muskerry details below.

Under 35s
    Year 1 : €520
    year 2 : €700
    year 3 : €900

Over 35 is €800 year 1 then €1200 thereafter,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

New members in Muskerry details below.

Under 35s
    Year 1 : €520
    year 2 : €700
    year 3 : €900

Over 35 is €800 year 1 then €1200 thereafter,

Any country or distance options ?
    Full member at home (Tipp) but spend one night a week/fortnight in Cork so would be handy to have somewhere to play a few holes when I manage to get out of work after April

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Any country or distance options ?
    Full member at home (Tipp) but spend one night a week/fortnight in Cork so would be handy to have somewhere to play a few holes when I manage to get out of work after April

Country membership is approx €300 i think

Country membership is approx €300 i think

Not bad. Probably still too much for me though given I'll probably only get to play it around 10 times and most of those would be 9 holes max if I'm lucky.
    Any chance they do pro-rata for 6 months ? (sorry for all the questions btw :o )

• Advertisement

Not bad. Probably still too much for me though given I'll probably only get to play it around 10 times and most of those would be 9 holes max if I'm lucky.
    Any chance they do pro-rata for 6 months ? (sorry for all the questions btw :o )

Not sure tbh, give Hugo a ring in the office, he should help with anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

That under 35's rate in muskerry is super deal. Pity I'm 37 ��

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

You could try Macroom if it's Lee Valley your a member in. Fees should be around €600 or so

Not sure tbh, give Hugo a ring in the office, he should help with anything

Contacted them on this and was quoted 520 for country membership.
    Even pro-rata that's way too much for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Dbu

Douglas is less than €400 I think for country membership.
    I would check with them though as it was a buddy inquired a few months ago, so may be after changing now

Dbu wrote: »
    Douglas is less than €400 I think for country membership.
    I would check with them though as it was a buddy inquired a few months ago, so may be after changing now

Cheers. I am after a real budget option.
    Most I will get to play any course is once a week/fortnight mid week so anything more than 200 a non-runner really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Cheers. I am after a real budget option.
    Most I will get to play any course is once a week/fortnight mid week so anything more than 200 a non-runner really

Is Cobh an option? http://www.cobhgolfclub.ie/index.cfm/page/membershipcosts

dos29 wrote: »

Was a country member there last year and really enjoyed it. Very good value.
    Issue is I am coming from other side of the tunnel so traffic is a killer esp. when I am looking to play

Which is why Muskerry would have been perfect. Blarney also perfect as are a few others but deals not quite as good.

Strange really as it is free money for them. I will never play in a comp or on a weekend and only a handful of weeks during the summer.

Advertisement