Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unresolved Issue - no help from "Customer Service"

Options
  • 28-10-2015 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I have been waiting 3 weeks for an issue to be resolved with Eir - my phone line was cut off after I ordered a Broadband package. After almost 2 weeks of being bounced around from one representative to another, the line was reconnected with a new number. I have requested on two occasions that this be changed, and was told on Monday October 19th that it would be done. It is now October 28th and nothing has been done.

This issue has been ongoing since late September/early October, and on more than one occasion I have essentially been flatly lied to by representatives. This is totally unacceptable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

tshiggins wrote: »
    I have been waiting 3 weeks for an issue to be resolved with Eir - my phone line was cut off after I ordered a Broadband package. After almost 2 weeks of being bounced around from one representative to another, the line was reconnected with a new number. I have requested on two occasions that this be changed, and was told on Monday October 19th that it would be done. It is now October 28th and nothing has been done.

This issue has been ongoing since late September/early October, and on more than one occasion I have essentially been flatly lied to by representatives. This is totally unacceptable.
    Very sorry to hear this tshiggins

Please PM me your eir account number and I'll look in to this and get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tshiggins

Well - I suppose after everything I shouldn't be too surprised

Yesterday, Wednesday October 28th at 12:48pm after posting my issue, I was private messaged by an Eir representative, who requested my account number, and told me he'd look into this issue and get back to me within 24 hours.

It is now 3:20pm on Thursday October 29th. Nothing.

I expect i'll have to call back in 7-10 days for an update.

This really is a joke.

Well - I suppose after everything I shouldn't be too surprised

Yesterday, Wednesday October 28th at 12:48pm after posting my issue, I was private messaged by an Eir representative, who requested my account number, and told me he'd look into this issue and get back to me within 24 hours.

It is now 3:20pm on Thursday October 29th. Nothing.

I expect i'll have to call back in 7-10 days for an update.

This really is a joke.
    Hi tshiggins

I can assure you that I am not avoiding your issues raised above. I have requested information on your case from a number of area within eir and unfortunately I do not have an update beyond that there is an order requesting your old number to be transferred to your new line (the reference number for this is 1991636)

As soon as I have more information I will get back to you ASAP

Thanks
    Al

Thats really not good enough I'm afraid.

Can you please explain why every step in this process has taken so long, and why I have basically had to pester someone for any information at every turn?? After speaking to I don't know how many representatives over the phone, in desperation I had to come here, and still it's like slamming my head off a brick wall.

It's absolutely unbelievable that it took no time at all to cut the phone line off, but it has, at this point, been a month and things still haven't been put back to normal. I don't think it is an especially difficult request, reconnecting a phone line, with the same number. It's not even as if it was an issue of a bill not being paid, in which case I might understand a delay on Eir's end. I never even asked for anything to be done to the line, beyond a Broadband package added to it.

October 31st, still nothing done.
    I've just found out that someone has been trying to ring the house on our old number for the past week to tell us her husband is in hospital.
    Now, you may wonder why this person wasn't given the new number- as I was told on Monday October 19th that the old number would be restored in "24-48 hours" I didn't see much point.

I'm sick to the back teeth of this whole situation.

• Advertisement

Today is Monday November 2nd.

It is now over a month since all of this started, and it has been exactly 2 full weeks since I was told by customer service that my number would be changed back in "24-48 hours". 

I've had enough of this now. I plan to go to the Consumer Complaints Ombudsman, and I have already been in contact with news and media outlets.

This situation is laughable. Basically I have been ignored/lied to/fobbed off by every member of Eir's customer service that i have spoken with since I first contacted them about rectifying their own mistake. As i already mentioned in a previous post, I don't think that my request is anything out of the ordinary, and if this is what everyone who wants their line reconnected or number changed has to go through then I honestly don't know Eir has any customers at all.

On the flip side, there's absolutely no trouble or delay with their billing process.

Called customer service again yesterday, Monday November 2nd, and gave my details and issues to the representative.
    After 10 minutes on hold I was informed that he had seen a problem on the the request attached to the account, and had taken it to a senior member of staff, who had fast tracked the problem and it should be rectified within ...24-48 hours.

I enquired as to the nature of this 'problem' and all he could tell me was it was a 'system error'.

I'm skeptical, to say the least, but if it does get resolved this time, all well and good.
    I have to wonder why no-one up to now noticed the 'problem' attached to my account, despite my frequent calls.

Called customer service again yesterday, Monday November 2nd, and gave my details and issues to the representative.
    After 10 minutes on hold I was informed that he had seen a problem on the the request attached to the account, and had taken it to a senior member of staff, who had fast tracked the problem and it should be rectified within ...24-48 hours.

I enquired as to the nature of this 'problem' and all he could tell me was it was a 'system error'.

I'm skeptical, to say the least, but if it does get resolved this time, all well and good.
    I have to wonder why no-one up to now noticed the 'problem' attached to my account, despite my frequent calls.
    Hi tshiggins

I completely understand your feelings on this. I have requested a full update on this issue along side requesting urgency in providing a resolution. I should have more information tomorrow

Thanks
    Al

Wednesday, November 4th. As another 24-48 hour deadline comes and goes, I can only wonder just how catastrophic this mysterious 'system error' on my account is, and how a 'senior member of staff' who 'fast tracked' my request still wasn't able to sort this out...

The information I was told I should get today by the representative on here didn't materialise either, but at this point that's not really any shock.

Can someone, anyone, please just tell me what is happening here? Why can't this simple request be done? It was disconnected in a heartbeat, so why oh why is it taking 35 days and counting to reconnect the same number? Is there a magic word I need to use?

Pretty please, with sugar on top, can I have my number back??

Spoke to customer service again yesterday, November 5th. I was told my request made the previous Monday had come back as 'unsuccessful'.
    At this point I lost the plot completely and demanded to know why this request can't be carried out. I was told there was no reason why it couldn't be done. I was then put on hold for about 10 minutes, after which I was asked to email in a picture of the last bill received on the account - the problem may be the different information on the two accounts.

Why could no-one tell me this before now. Four attempts at changing the number come back as unsuccessful, and I'm by this stage making weekly calls to customer service, but I had to demand information before this was discovered.

Pathetic.

• Advertisement

Was lied to again last week after my request dated November 6th wasn't followed through on. I was asked to email a picture of my latest bill in order to get the issue sorted - i did so and was told the number would be swapped by the following Tuesday, November 10th. on November 12th I contacted customer service again to find out why this wasn't done, and was told it was 'in progress' and should be done by the end of the week, ie Friday November 13th. On Friday I arrived home to find a bill from eir, containing a €50 "service charge". 

IT IS NOW MONDAY OCTOBER 16TH AND STILL NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE

Was lied to again last week after my request dated November 6th wasn't followed through on. I was asked to email a picture of my latest bill in order to get the issue sorted - i did so and was told the number would be swapped by the following Tuesday, November 10th. on November 12th I contacted customer service again to find out why this wasn't done, and was told it was 'in progress' and should be done by the end of the week, ie Friday November 13th. On Friday I arrived home to find a bill from eir, containing a €50 "service charge". 

IT IS NOW MONDAY OCTOBER 16TH AND STILL NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE
    Hi tshiggins

I can understand your frustration and it is very long to wait for a number swap. I will seek clarification on this today and get back to you soon.

Thanks
    Al

It's amazing how you can post up a reply that seems like its helping me out but in actuality is just another fob off.  So far you've told me you were going to 'look in to this and get back to me', 'request information on my case', 'request a full update on this issue along side requesting urgency in providing a resolution' and now you're going to 'seek clarification and get back to me soon'. How soon is soon? 24-48 hours by any chance??

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath. 

Eir is a disgrace and I'm sorry I ever decided to use your "services".

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

It's amazing how you can post up a reply that seems like its helping me out but in actuality is just another fob off.  So far you've told me you were going to 'look in to this and get back to me', 'request information on my case', 'request a full update on this issue along side requesting urgency in providing a resolution' and now you're going to 'seek clarification and get back to me soon'. How soon is soon? 24-48 hours by any chance??

How you haven't jumped off a bridge yet i don't know :)

Just to clarify - I'm not just seeking a resolution to this problem on here - I've lost count of how many times i have called customer service and have been told various lies over the past month and a half. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

what a shambles of a company.  New name same ****e.  OP you have some patience.

Has anybody on here actually had any of their issues resolved??

Has anybody on here actually had any of their issues resolved??
    Hello tshiggins

I have been assured by efibre escalations that I will have a full update for you tomorrow morning. I understand your reluctance to accept that we wish to help but I can assure you that I am doing all in my power to identify and provide a resolution as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

The situation has gone from annoying to pathetic to pure farce.

I attempted to contact customer service again this evening, November 16. After being cut off twice, I finally got through on the third attempt. I was put on hold for 16 minutes, after which I was told...wait for this..."the engineer who knows about these things has gone home for the day. I thought he was in the toilet, but he's actually gone home"

This is what I was actually told over the phone. This is the honest to god reason I was given this evening as to why I couldn't be told why the request I first placed almost a month ago could not be answered.

I was then told to ring back tomorrow.

The least I could expect in that situation would be for customer care to take my details AND CONTACT ME BACK.

How juvenile, unprofessional, absolutely incompetent and plain uninterested a response. And this has been EVERY customer service representative I've spoken to - and I'm including you in that Alan. You have been exactly no help so far.

You would think I had asked someone to spin straw into gold or move a mountain.

Alan- if you really want to help me out here then tell me WHY THE HELL THIS SIMPLE REQUEST CAN'T BE DONE??!?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jeamimus

MHI wrote: »

How you haven't jumped off a bridge yet i don't know :)
    Shocking saga of incompetence and ineptitude. I know which company to avoid now.

• Advertisement

The following is a blow by blow account of my correspondence with 'Alan', the eir representative

--After my initial post outlining my issues...

28.10.2015 12:48

Very sorry to hear this t shiggins

Please PM me your eir account number and I'll look in to this and get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

—Alan did not get back to me within 24 hours

29.10.2015 16:45

Hi t shiggins

I can assure you that I am not avoiding your issues raised above. I have requested information on your case from a number of area within eir and unfortunately I do not have an update beyond that there is an order requesting your old number to be transferred to your new line (the reference number for this is 1991636

As soon as I have more information I will get back to you ASAP

Thanks
    Al

—Alan did not get back to me ASAP

03.11.2015 16:52

Hi t shiggins

I completely understand your feelings on this. I have requested a full update on this issue along side requesting urgency in providing a resolution. I should have more information tomorrow

Thanks
    Al

—Alan up to this point has not given me ANY information beyond the reference number, never mind ‘more’

16.11.2015 14:13

Hi t shiggins

I can understand your frustration and it is very long to wait for a number swap. I will seek clarification on this today and get back to you soon.

Thanks
    Al

16.11.2015 16:56

Hello t shiggins

I have been assured by efibre escalations that I will have a full update for you tomorrow morning. I understand your reluctance to accept that we wish to help but I can assure you that I am doing all in my power to identify and provide a resolution as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

— I wait patiently for absolutely nothing to happen this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭swoofer

you need to write to comreg and to the ceo in eir, you are too patient.  In other words you have to create an official complaint.  you can use email to eir and comreg.  a letter to ceo unless you can find his email.

Thanks for the advice swoofer

I contacted Comreg yesterday with all the details of my complaint and copied the email to Eir's customer complaints department - they acknowledged my correspondence and basically told me the clock is ticking for Eir.

Eir have yet to acknowledge receipt of my email or provide me with a reference number.

Thanks for the advice swoofer

I contacted Comreg yesterday with all the details of my complaint and copied the email to Eir's customer complaints department - they acknowledged my correspondence and basically told me the clock is ticking for Eir.

Eir have yet to acknowledge receipt of my email or provide me with a reference number.
    Hi tshiggins

I have been informed that the previous attempts to change your parents number to their old one have failed. This is because the old number was in the account name of your mother and the new account is in the name of your father. For security measures a number can only be in the account holders name and as such be transferred to that account holder - I know how backward this seems and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and your parents. This issue has now been identified and I have put in place measures that this will not happen again. A new number change order is being placed this morning and I will ensure the previously repeated failures will not happen again.

I will update you later with an advised time-frame as to when the old number will be back on the new line again.

Thanks
    Al

Alan, this is EXACTLY what I was told almost two weeks ago on November 5th, after which I was asked to email a picture of the previous bill to a customer service representative.

That representative then told me that a new request had been submitted, and that it should be sorted out by the following Tuesday, November 10th.

On November 11th i contacted customer service again, and was told it was "in progress" and would be completed by the end of the week, ie Friday November 13th.

Yesterday was November 16th, and after been given the runaround on the phone by customer care YET AGAIN, still nothing has been done.

So you're well out of date with that 'information', and if it didn't work the last 5 times, why should I believe you that it's going to work now?

I can guess what your new 'time-frame' is going to be - "24-48 hours" by any chance??

Hi tshiggins

It's your choice whether you wish to believe me but I can assure you that I'm doing my very best to help.

I do not have a timeframe yet but I will let you know when I do.

I will also ensure this goes through this time around

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭swoofer

can you quote the email address you used for eir, i want to check something

swoofer

i sent it to  ccm @ eircom.ie - do you know of a different address?

Quite frankly Alan, I simply don't believe you. And I don't know how you could expect me to in all good conscience.

You can't honestly say that this has been handled in any way satisfactorily by eir and their customer service. 

I don't know how it could take aver a month to identify this problem, or why I have been continually fobbed off with new deadlines and completion dates, which then pass by without any contact from the company to inform me of the situation. I don't think it is very professional that I have had to chase up every single little piece of information, and the fact I had to resort to coming on to this forum to try to get anything done is just laughable.

This forum is chock full of unhappy customers - a lot with issues worse than mine. 

Are alarm bells not ringing??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

This forum is chock full of unhappy customers - a lot with issues worse than mine.
    +1

Advertisement