Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unresolved Issue - no help from "Customer Service"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

mac.in wrote: »
    tshiggins wrote: »
    This forum is chock full of unhappy customers - a lot with issues worse than mine.
    +1
    I'm sorry you feel this way mac.in - Ultimately there's an active account with another service provider at your new premises and eir can't close it. We cannot even gain access to it to close it.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭swoofer

that's the correct email and it should send back an auto reply.

Quite frankly Alan, I simply don't believe you. And I don't know how you could expect me to in all good conscience.

You can't honestly say that this has been handled in any way satisfactorily by eir and their customer service. 

I don't know how it could take aver a month to identify this problem, or why I have been continually fobbed off with new deadlines and completion dates, which then pass by without any contact from the company to inform me of the situation. I don't think it is very professional that I have had to chase up every single little piece of information, and the fact I had to resort to coming on to this forum to try to get anything done is just laughable.

This forum is chock full of unhappy customers - a lot with issues worse than mine. 

Are alarm bells not ringing??
    Hi tshiggins

I have had confirmation that the new order has been successfully placed and approved. I've been advised that the old number will be back working by tomorrow morning at the latest.

Al

Hello tshiggins

I can now confirm that your parents now have their old number back. I have called the number to check too.

If there are any further issues with this please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tshiggins

At long last - my old number is back in action.

Simple enough in the end really, all I had to do was...

-call customer service on October 6, and was told an engineer would be in contact to arrange to come and check the line

-call again on October 9 after no engineer contacted about the fault I had reported.
    (It turned out no engineer was ever coming to check the line)

was also told on this day that nothing could be done at that particular time because the servers were about to be rebooted, and i should call back the following morning (Saturday)

-call again on October 10 (Saturday) was told nothing could be done on a Saturday as engineers weren't around

-call again on October 12

-call again on October 14 - twice (called back after I wasn't called back 'within half an hour' as I was told on the first call

(after this, my line was re-connected with a different number)

-call again on October 15

-call again on October 19

-join the boards.ie eir forum on October 28 and begin posting complaints

-post a complaint on October 29

-post a complaint on October 30

-post a complaint on October 31

-post a complaint on November 2

-post a complaint on November 4

- call customer care agin on November 5

-email a pic of my last bill 
    (after which a new request to change the number back was submitted)

-call again on November 12

-post a complaint on November 16

-email a complaint to eir complaints and Comreg on November 16

-call again on November 16 
    (cut off twice, on hold 15 minutes before being told the engineer was gone home)

-post a complaint on November 17

don't get me wrong, i'm delighted the issue has been resolved, but this experience has left me drained and severely disillusioned with the company and the service it provides. I absolutely dread any other issues arising with the phone or broadband meaning i'd have to deal with this kind of situation again.

The customer service at eir is beyond deplorable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭swoofer

and when you contacted comreg it got done.

delighted you are sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Completely unbelievable, and I was surprised by the defensive and sharp responses of the representatives on this thread.

I can't understand the poor level of customer service for a company like eir (or any company!).

At long last - my old number is back in action.

Simple enough in the end really, all I had to do was...

-call customer service on October 6, and was told an engineer would be in contact to arrange to come and check the line

-call again on October 9 after no engineer contacted about the fault I had reported.
    (It turned out no engineer was ever coming to check the line)

was also told on this day that nothing could be done at that particular time because the servers were about to be rebooted, and i should call back the following morning (Saturday)

-call again on October 10 (Saturday) was told nothing could be done on a Saturday as engineers weren't around

-call again on October 12

-call again on October 14 - twice (called back after I wasn't called back 'within half an hour' as I was told on the first call

(after this, my line was re-connected with a different number)

-call again on October 15

-call again on October 19

-join the boards.ie eir forum on October 28 and begin posting complaints

-post a complaint on October 29

-post a complaint on October 30

-post a complaint on October 31

-post a complaint on November 2

-post a complaint on November 4

- call customer care agin on November 5

-email a pic of my last bill 
    (after which a new request to change the number back was submitted)

-call again on November 12

-post a complaint on November 16

-email a complaint to eir complaints and Comreg on November 16

-call again on November 16 
    (cut off twice, on hold 15 minutes before being told the engineer was gone home)

-post a complaint on November 17

don't get me wrong, i'm delighted the issue has been resolved, but this experience has left me drained and severely disillusioned with the company and the service it provides. I absolutely dread any other issues arising with the phone or broadband meaning i'd have to deal with this kind of situation again.

The customer service at eir is beyond deplorable.
    Hi tshiggins

It's clear that apologies are clearly in order for these delays and off course for the disappointing level in care taken with these orders. I would also like to sincerely apologies for the inconvenience this has caused your Parents.

I had requested a good will gesture to be arranged by the eir accounts team and a credit for two months of eir phone line rental (2 x €25.78) to be applied to your parents account.

Again, I am very sorry for these delays and for the disappointing experience.

Thanks

Al

I appreciate the apology, and the acknowledgement. 
    I also appreciate the goodwill gesture, which roughly equates to the extra "service charge" which appeared on my first bill.

As I already said, I'm happy the issue is resolved, but very wary of any further issues that may arise.

I appreciate the apology, and the acknowledgement. 
    I also appreciate the goodwill gesture, which roughly equates to the extra "service charge" which appeared on my first bill.

As I already said, I'm happy the issue is resolved, but very wary of any further issues that may arise.
    Thank you tshiggins

Please feel free to contact me should you have need to contact eir in future.

Alan

• Advertisement

A little over 2 years ago now I had an eir broadband bundle installed at the address above.

From day 1 I have had nothing but trouble with the service, the company and it's representatives.

eir's service, is worse than useless for me in my area. Broadband download speed is rarely above 1mb,  and upload speeds are non-existent. 

A huge issue arose immediately after the broadband was installed, for which eir were completely at fault, and took almost 2 months to rectify, after tremendous effort on my part, with little or no actual help from eir's customer service.

I'm attaching a transcript of this in word document format. (see attached)

After this issue was settled, on several occasions I have experienced below standard quality from the installed product - the nature of my job allows me to work from home a number of days a month, and on more than one occasion I have had to leave my home office and travel into Enniscorthy town, to use a local hotels free WiFi in order to get my work done.

Essentially I have been paying for a service for almost 2 years that eir have not been providing - and I have now reached the point where I am unwilling to do so any more. 

Just over a month ago, I received an email confirming that my mobile bundle intallation pack would be arriving in the next few days, and thanking me for my order.
    I had not ordered any such bundle or service.

I contacted an eir representative and was told to ignore the email, it was spam.

3 days later Nightline contacted me to inform me that the package containing my new mobile phone was en route and would be with me the following morning.

I contacted another eir representative who confirmed that yes, the order had been processed, and installation had indeed been dispatched. 

I then had to go to great effort in order to cancel the order and return the pack.

This is just another example of eir's woeful incompetence regarding customer service - but isn't even the main reason for this complaint, which is as follows.

On several occasions over the last few months, I have been receiving notification from eir that fibre broadband is now available to my address.
    I had been ignoring this offer, as I have been trying for quite some time to find an alternative provider, because of the previous issues outlined above.
    After the lastest failed attempt to obtain service from another such provider, I was again told by an eir representative that eFibre was available to my address.

I checked the coverage map, and from that it was apparent that it was actually available - see screenshot attached. (This screenshot was taken this morning, Wednesday September 6th.)

I decided to oder the e Fibre package, and was quickly issued an order number -18162959, received an email confirming my order and notification of when the installation would take place - scheduled for today, Wednesday September 6th. On Tuesday September 5th at 4:30pm I received a call from an eir representative outlining how the installation process would go, and what I would need to do.

A little over an hour later, at 5:48, I was called by another eir representative and told that the installation had been cancelled, because fibre broadband is not actually available in my area. 

This is the final straw regarding my relationship with eir.

I had taken a day off work in order to be at home for the installation, and was told at the last possible minute that the installation will now NOT be going ahead because the service offered on more than one occasion IS NOT ACTUALLY AVAILABLE. 

I am beyond incredulous at this point with the constant lies and misrepresentation that I have been subjected to from day one with this company. All I want is a simple broadband connection that actually works as advertised. After 2 years, paying €70 a month, i still haven't gotten anything close to that from eir, and at this point I don't ever expect to.

Every time I have had any occasion to speak to any of the companies customer service representatives I have been lied to - consistently. This is about the only thing that eir can provide consistently - false promises and below par service. The entire company is reprehensible, and I cannot fathom how it is still in business with such a shoddy attempt at service providing and customer care. It's laughable at this point, and I have had enough.

A work colleague has endured a shockingly similar series of events in the last few months, also regarding fibre installation to his home, and had to endure the same level of lies and incompetence from eir regarding the availability of the service - so this is by no means an isolated occurrence.

I'd like to inform you that I don't intend to continue paying for a non-existent service. 

From the moment I send this email, eir has 1 week to provide me with the service I have been promised on more than one occasion at this stage. 
    In my view this is 7 days more than the company deserves.  

After that time, if no improvement is forthcoming, I would like the entire service removed with immediate affect  - at this stage I would prefer to have no service at all than continue to pay for the shoddy excuse for broadband I have had to endure for the past 2 years.

At least I won't have to deal with the customer service anymore.  

I would like confirmation from eir that this email has been received and read. I do not want to be contacted with meaningless apologies by any company representatives - if the service I want can be provided, then provide it. If not, then kindly remove the pathetic excuse for broadband service that is currently installed at my address.

A little over 2 years ago now I had an eir broadband bundle installed at the address above.

From day 1 I have had nothing but trouble with the service, the company and it's representatives.

eir's service, is worse than useless for me in my area. Broadband download speed is rarely above 1mb,  and upload speeds are non-existent. 

A huge issue arose immediately after the broadband was installed, for which eir were completely at fault, and took almost 2 months to rectify, after tremendous effort on my part, with little or no actual help from eir's customer service.

I'm attaching a transcript of this in word document format. (see attached)

After this issue was settled, on several occasions I have experienced below standard quality from the installed product - the nature of my job allows me to work from home a number of days a month, and on more than one occasion I have had to leave my home office and travel into Enniscorthy town, to use a local hotels free WiFi in order to get my work done.

Essentially I have been paying for a service for almost 2 years that eir have not been providing - and I have now reached the point where I am unwilling to do so any more. 

Just over a month ago, I received an email confirming that my mobile bundle intallation pack would be arriving in the next few days, and thanking me for my order.
    I had not ordered any such bundle or service.

I contacted an eir representative and was told to ignore the email, it was spam.

3 days later Nightline contacted me to inform me that the package containing my new mobile phone was en route and would be with me the following morning.

I contacted another eir representative who confirmed that yes, the order had been processed, and installation had indeed been dispatched. 

I then had to go to great effort in order to cancel the order and return the pack.

This is just another example of eir's woeful incompetence regarding customer service - but isn't even the main reason for this complaint, which is as follows.

On several occasions over the last few months, I have been receiving notification from eir that fibre broadband is now available to my address.
    I had been ignoring this offer, as I have been trying for quite some time to find an alternative provider, because of the previous issues outlined above.
    After the lastest failed attempt to obtain service from another such provider, I was again told by an eir representative that eFibre was available to my address.

I checked the coverage map, and from that it was apparent that it was actually available - see screenshot attached. (This screenshot was taken this morning, Wednesday September 6th.)

I decided to oder the e Fibre package, and was quickly issued an order number -18162959, received an email confirming my order and notification of when the installation would take place - scheduled for today, Wednesday September 6th. On Tuesday September 5th at 4:30pm I received a call from an eir representative outlining how the installation process would go, and what I would need to do.

A little over an hour later, at 5:48, I was called by another eir representative and told that the installation had been cancelled, because fibre broadband is not actually available in my area. 

This is the final straw regarding my relationship with eir.

I had taken a day off work in order to be at home for the installation, and was told at the last possible minute that the installation will now NOT be going ahead because the service offered on more than one occasion IS NOT ACTUALLY AVAILABLE. 

I am beyond incredulous at this point with the constant lies and misrepresentation that I have been subjected to from day one with this company. All I want is a simple broadband connection that actually works as advertised. After 2 years, paying €70 a month, i still haven't gotten anything close to that from eir, and at this point I don't ever expect to.

Every time I have had any occasion to speak to any of the companies customer service representatives I have been lied to - consistently. This is about the only thing that eir can provide consistently - false promises and below par service. The entire company is reprehensible, and I cannot fathom how it is still in business with such a shoddy attempt at service providing and customer care. It's laughable at this point, and I have had enough.

A work colleague has endured a shockingly similar series of events in the last few months, also regarding fibre installation to his home, and had to endure the same level of lies and incompetence from eir regarding the availability of the service - so this is by no means an isolated occurrence.

I'd like to inform you that I don't intend to continue paying for a non-existent service. 

From the moment I send this email, eir has 1 week to provide me with the service I have been promised on more than one occasion at this stage. 
    In my view this is 7 days more than the company deserves.  

After that time, if no improvement is forthcoming, I would like the entire service removed with immediate affect  - at this stage I would prefer to have no service at all than continue to pay for the shoddy excuse for broadband I have had to endure for the past 2 years.

At least I won't have to deal with the customer service anymore.  

I would like confirmation from eir that this email has been received and read. I do not want to be contacted with meaningless apologies by any company representatives - if the service I want can be provided, then provide it. If not, then kindly remove the pathetic excuse for broadband service that is currently installed at my address.

This is a follow up to the email sent last Wednesday September 6 regarding my dissatisfaction with eir, their broadband service and customer service.

I am sorry - but unsurprised - to have to say that after more correspondence with eir and their customer service departments, I am no closer to any kind of resolution regarding my continuing broadband service issues. In fact, if anything, the situation is worse, and the sheer incompetence of the company is even more apparent now than it was a week ago.

I have contacted customer service regarding my issue on several occasions, yet not one representative can give me a definitive answer on WHY I am continually being told that I can get fibre broadband to my home, when CLEARLY I CANNOT. My installation on Wednesday September 6 was cancelled on Tuesday evening September 5 last, at 5:50pm, after I had taken the following day off work to facilitate. After contacting customer service to find out what the issue was, I was informed that fibre would not be available in my area now until October 8th. (It was stressed on more than one occasion that this date was a "provisional forecast" - I take that to mean it won't happen then either.)

On Friday September 8 I received a notification from eir to my mobile phone requesting that I contact a number provided regarding my installation - only to be simply informed that my previous installation had been cancelled - another pointless waste of my time.

To add absolute insult to this, on that same Friday, an eir representative physically approached the home of one of my close neighbours, just 2 houses away, to inform them that fibre broadband is now available to their home.

FIBRE BROADBAND IS CLEARLY, CLEARLY NOT AVAILABLE IN  MY AREA. SO WHY WHY WHY DO EIR KEEP PUSHING THIS SERVICE WHEN THEY CANT EVEN PROVIDE BASIC BROADBAND??

As I have previously stated, my current broadband service is so pathetically bad that on days when I work from home, I have to leave my home office and travel to Enniscorthy town to use another providers broadband. I cannot use Netflix or similar streaming services because of the poor quality of my connection. After a burglary in my home a short time ago I am now installing a home security system that requires an internet connection to allow cctv surveillance recording and remote access. This will not function properly with my current connection. 

eirs failure to provide the basic service I'm paying for is now having a severe impact on my professional and personal life, as well as my sense of security and wellbeing in my own home, also the home of my elderly parents.

I simply cannot understand how in this day and age, even a half decent broadband connection cannot be provided to a residential property that sits on a main road just 3 miles from a large urban area.

By far the most frustrating aspect of this situation is eirs continuing insistence that their service is available in my home when it is clearly not. 
    Yesterday I received a letter from eir, which I assumed was some kind of correspondence acknowledging the ongoing situation.

It was, however, a letter informing me that Ireland's fastest broadband has arrived at my home.

I'm honestly at the end of my tether with eir. Literally the only thing keeping me with the company is the fact that I can't get ANYONE else to provide a service in my area. Yet.

As soon as I can I will be switching service providers - because at this point, the fact that I would still have to deal with the company in any way is enough to put me off going ahead with an upgrade.

eirs response

Dear Tom,
    First of all I would like to express sincerest apologies on behalf of eir for any inconvenience caused regarding your recent service query and the subsequent customer journey.
    Upon reviewing your account, I can see that the order was placed on 01/09/2017 due to the reason that fibre is available at your premises. Please be advised that the sale had been processed by our representative under the note that the prequalification results on your line shows the fibre availability at your premises. I have attached screenshots of the same for your kind reference.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to check the activation of DP connected to your line due to limited system visibility unless an order is placed for fibre. This is the reason our Sales representative had advised you regarding the fibre and I regret that this has caused you inconvenience so far.
    Once the order was placed, this was moved to the Wholesale team who has informed us that your line actually qualifies for fibre but the problem is with the inactive DP which is causing the delay in this case. I understand your frustration that this has been forecasted for October 2017 but regrettably we are not is a position to push this earlier as it involves external work completion before installing the services at your premises.
    However, understanding your concern, I have escalated this to the Wholesale team to check if the process can be sped up and awaiting a response from them. I will get back to you once there is an update from them.
    Also, I feel sorry for your dissatisfaction with our customer service. I can advise that I have spoken to the Senior Management Team to advise of the problems you have experienced while attempting to query your order. In turn I can confirm that this instance of poor service will be dealt with internally and additional checks implemented to avoid such errors in future.
    If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on 1901 or chat with us on www.eir.ie/chatnow or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you.

It goes without saying that I am deeply, deeply disappointed and frustrated at this response.
    On 3 separate occasions within the text it is mentioned that fibre is available to my home. It quite plainly is NOT. You then go on to explain that you "are unable to check the activation of DP connected to your line due to limited system visibility unless an order is placed for fibre".
    There is no explanation as to what "DP" is, or how this effects my connection - so I am literally none the wiser as to why the company cannot/will not provide the service they have offered.

So am I to understand that the situation is that eir has no way of knowing if a premises can actually be connected to the fibre network until an order is placed, yet continue to sell the service regardless?
    Fibre has been pushed and pushed to me by eir over the last several months, and now I'm told that you have been upselling this service WITHOUT ACTUALLY KNOWING IF IT CAN ACTUALLY BE PROVIDED??
    Surely this is backwards. 
    This situation is causing a lot of stress and consternation in both my personal and professional life, and as I can't honestly foresee a resolution any time soon, I am at my wits end wit eir and their shoddy service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

It goes without saying that I am deeply, deeply disappointed and frustrated at this response.
    On 3 separate occasions within the text it is mentioned that fibre is available to my home. It quite plainly is NOT. You then go on to explain that you "are unable to check the activation of DP connected to your line due to limited system visibility unless an order is placed for fibre".
    There is no explanation as to what "DP" is, or how this effects my connection - so I am literally none the wiser as to why the company cannot/will not provide the service they have offered.

So am I to understand that the situation is that eir has no way of knowing if a premises can actually be connected to the fibre network until an order is placed, yet continue to sell the service regardless?
    Fibre has been pushed and pushed to me by eir over the last several months, and now I'm told that you have been upselling this service WITHOUT ACTUALLY KNOWING IF IT CAN ACTUALLY BE PROVIDED??
    Surely this is backwards. 
    This situation is causing a lot of stress and consternation in both my personal and professional life, and as I can't honestly foresee a resolution any time soon, I am at my wits end wit eir and their shoddy service.
    Hi tshiggins,

I do sincerely apologise for all of the issues that you have experienced since signing up with us. I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

Advertisement