Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pigs back offer

Options
  • 28-10-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

The offer for Lough Rynn Castle is a joke! They offer a one night deal for €99.00 with €25 food voucher, making a saving of 58%. Long story short is below, in the e-mail I sent to Pigsback. It is misleading to say the least. Pigsback claim the price is based on weekend prices but the weekends are unavailable to voucher holders as I tried as soon as it came up. I requested and received a refund but beware, there is no such saving of 58%!!!!

To Pigsback
    "I just purchased the Lough Rynn voucher but decided to check their website to see the savings. I can't see where I have saved. I booked Dec 9th for one night using the voucher, had I booked on their site I would only have paid €110.00. Even with the €25.00 credit it still amounts to only €135 in total so where is my saving of 58%?. Am I missing something or have I just been duped, which is what I feel has happened? I can't see where a cost of €235 arises, which is what you claim to be the case without the voucher, perhaps you can enlighten me? "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Every hotel offer on a voucher site is based on notional, unrealistic prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

As with most things, comparisons tend to be made against the highest price normally available during the validity of the offer. In this case the offer runs to the end of Feb 2016 so they can base their comparison on prices up until then. For example Sun 17th Jan 2016 is still available according to the hotel's website and if you booked a room with dinner for 2 for that night you could be charged €240 (€120 pps). If you book the same room under the Pigsback offer you end up paying €154 (€99 for the room with €25 off an €80 meal). Looking at the hotel's website a room with dinner typically runs at €105-€120 pps on most days of the week so you're still saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mog24

Hi
    Yes I understand all of the above but the point is that the offer was not for B/B and evening meal, only B/B. The €25 voucher is not per person, only valid if a minimum of €80 is spent making the price including dinner irrelevant in this case. The fact remains that B/B at the hotel website is from €110 making a saving of only €11 midweek, which is all that is available if you have a voucher! Just passing on my opinion and putting out a warning. I cancelled my voucher and had no problem with a refund, Pigsback are looking into the complaint and misleading price comparisons.
    Regards

Advertisement