Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re roaming add on

Options
  • 28-10-2015 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

A question re eirMobile bill pay roaming please

On 18/10/15 at 4.45 I texted EU Roam 3 to 50104 and at 4.46 received a response “Thank you. You will now receive great value roaming calls, texts and data.”

I was in the UK from 18 to 20/10/15 and I notice from my account that I have been randomly charged for a number of my roaming texts and for one call during the period. I wasn’t charged for the remainder of my calls, texts or for any data.

Usage Type Date & Time Duration Charge
    Roam SMS 20 Oct 09.01 0.07
    Roam SMS 19 Oct 22.58 0.07
    Roam Calls 19 Oct 19.01 00:21:37 5.05
    Roam SMS 18 Oct 07.45 0.07

As I did not exceed limits is there any reason why I should have been charged?

I also note that my bill seems to refer to the €8 roaming add on as a “per month” charge. It was my understanding that this was a “once off” add on that I could purchase as required? Do I have to remove it if I don’t need it or if I wish to use one of the other add ons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

On 18/10/15 at 4.45 I texted EU Roam 3 to 50104 and at 4.46 received a response “Thank you. You will now receive great value roaming calls, texts and data.”

I was in the UK from 18 to 20/10/15 and I notice from my account that I have been randomly charged for a number of my roaming texts and for one call during the period. I wasn’t charged for the remainder of my calls, texts or for any data.

I also note that my bill seems to refer to the €8 roaming add on as a “per month” charge. It was my understanding that this was a “once off” add on that I could purchase as required? Do I have to remove it if I don’t need it or if I wish to use one of the other add ons?
    Any idea why this would have happened please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Any idea why this would have happened please?

Hi there Crunchienut

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here

When opting in for an add-on and you receive a confirmation text to say it’s active, you shouldn’t be charge unless you go over the usage.  Compare the time & date you received your “Thank You” text to the charges on your account.

If you were charged after this confirmation text, contact Customer Care (1800690000) so they can view this charge, along with your usage.  If there is an incorrect charge due to this, they will be able to process the refund while on the call

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Thanks Alan

Charges were definitely intermittent after I received confirmation text and were within the limits of the add on.

Will give Customer Care a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Thanks Alan

Charges were definitely intermittent after I received confirmation text and were within the limits of the add on.

Will give Customer Care a call
    No worries Crunchienut

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement