Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying lights for a bike in Limerick.

• 28-10-2015 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭

As the winter approaches, I'll be cycling home from UL in darkness, and I'm looking for some lights for my bike.

Ideally, I'd like to buy lights that clip on and clip off the bike, to avoid them being stolen during the day.

Can anybody recommend a shop that has lights, especially the kind I mentioned?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Brother bought some in Dealz for €1.49 each. Said perfect job and you can slide them off easily yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Just drop into the smarter travel office in UL and they will give you a set for free.

They are in the courtyard where the student union is. They also give out high vis jackets and will give your bike a check up to make sure everything is working right.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Red King wrote: »
    Just drop into the smarter travel office in UL and they will give you a set for free.

They are in the courtyard where the student union is. They also give out high vis jackets and will give your bike a check up to make sure everything is working right.

You win. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Red King wrote: »

I just walked over to the student union office and they said Smarter Travel don't have an office there.

I've emailed them twice about the stuff they offer but never got a response either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Get a proper set, it's worth the investment.

Raw cycles out in delta retail park are sound and have good stock. Haven't been into siopa Rothair on John Street in a while so can't comment on the stock but also sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

T K Maxx have a selection of bike lights. Couldn't tell you anything more about them....just happened to see them today. Upstairs beside the Men's clothing section.
    Worth a look as they are close enough to UL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

osarusan wrote: »
    I just walked over to the student union office and they said Smarter Travel don't have an office there.

I've emailed them twice about the stuff they offer but never got a response either.

That is pretty weird as I only saw the smarter travel crowd set up in the courtyard outside last week and they were servicing bikes and handing out stuff.

My girlfriend said they are there every tuesday I think and she got a set of led lights off them.

Limerick Smarter Travel even have photos of the UL smarter travel team on their facebook page.

Here's a photo of them promoting something right outside the student union :D

12087112_674780612664831_2221345347810415407_o.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think that's something they do once a week, rather than having a permanent office on campus. Could be wrong though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I got in touch with smarter travel and they might have something for me next Tuesday - seems like they've not always got all the stock.

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Don't be waiting for next week if possible. Driving home last night and saw some kids out on their bikes with no light on a narrow road. With the clocks changed it's made things a lot more dangerous out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Ebay! I have some really high powered LED ones i got from Ebay at great prices.

Advertisement