Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD swimming pool

Options
  • 28-10-2015 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

Looking at joining a new pool, anyone swim here? How do you find it? How busy it is early in the morning, round opening time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Great facility, its busy in the mornings from 6am to 8am with the uCD swim squad and different tri club sessions. You'd still get a good swim though, there are 8 lanes, lots of triathletes swim in groups there most mornings of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I'm there a few mornings a week around 6:30. Busy is 4 or 5 in a lane. Tue and Thurs seem quietest. Also been there wed after work and its never been that busy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

You are guaranteed at least 4 lanes at any time.
    It can get busy around 7 am but plenty of space in any given lane.
    Mon /Wed/Fri am is busier, Tue and Thu seems better, pm fine.
    Very clean facilities and non chlorine pool is a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It's superb facility Joey, you won't regret it for a moment. haven't used it enough myself to know when's busy/quiet though.

Sportsco any use to you as a new pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

So went down this morning to try it out. A lot nicer than my usual pool. In the water for around 6.15 and it wasn't busy at all, pretty much had a lane to myself. Was getting busy when I was leaving around 7 but was still grand. Looks like I have a new pool to swim in from now on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement