Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selecting moderators

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Lamp69

Merkin wrote: »
    Interesting choice of thread subject. Given that I'm the Mod you refer to, you might also like to clarify for everyone that you were ultimately yellow carded for the following post after having already been warned for a number of unsuitable posts:

No thanks. Ooh I've posted without reading your charter. Oops. Ban me. Thanks in advance

In any event, muppetry (opening multiple threads, abusing other posters, time wasting and ignoring the charter) are all actionable. As per your plethora of personal messages to me, if you're evidently upset with my moderating style then please do report me, I stand by every action so I'm only too happy to give further details.

I meant that as a joke. And I did send you personal messages when you closed my thread but I only asked you why. And yes I did report you here. Look I can't do this - I'm tired of it. No offence.

Actually feck it - I feel like I should be put in jail for a couple of posts. Bloody hell. I'm deactivating my account!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Gordon wrote: »
    Steve's wages have been docked by 50% due to his wild disregard for Modlaw.

No worries, take it out of my banning commission boss. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lamp69 wrote: »
    I meant that as a joke. And I did send you personal messages when you closed my thread but I only asked you why. And yes I did report you here. Look I can't do this - I'm tired of it. No offence

See no mod will take that as a joke tbh, as it means you are on the lookout for that sort of poster to cause chaos, whether or not it's intended.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I meant that as a joke. And I did send you personal messages when you closed my thread but I only asked you why. And yes I did report you here. Look I can't do this - I'm tired of it. No offence

It wasn't a very good joke in fairness, we're all here to have a bit of a laugh, to get away from the day-to-day stuff, you even agreed I had a sense of humor... that was a bit harsh though don't you think? The mod has a job to do, cant you see that?

Stheno wrote: »
    See no mod will take that as a joke tbh, as it means you are on the lookout for that sort of poster to cause chaos, whether or not it's intended.

Ok. Can't cope with all these rules. I actually feel like a criminal now!!! Il deactivate my account!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ok. Can't cope with all these rules. I actually feel like a criminal now!!! Il deactivate my account!

Well it's pretty simple.
    Read the charter of any forum you want to post in.

There are a couple of basic rules:
    1. Don't be a troll/announce you are not obeying the rules.
    2. Don't ignore mod posts
    3. Don't personally insult posters, use the report function instead.

That's gotten me through 10 or more years and an awful lot of posts on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,091 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

As per your plethora of personal messages to me

eh, I'd report some of those generally speaking.

Don't give in to hate my friend. closing your account is like admitting defeat. Discussing it and moving on will benefit you in more ways than you can ever imagine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Well it's pretty simple.
    Read the charter of any forum you want to post in.

There are a couple of basic rules:
    1. Don't be a troll/announce you are not obeying the rules.
    2. Don't ignore mod posts
    3. Don't personally insult posters, use the report function instead.

That's gotten me through 10 or more years and an awful lot of posts on here :)

all very easily summed up in one boards rule - don't be a dick.

Merkin asked you a couple of times to read the forum charter. That was a chance to learn the forum rules so that you wouldn't get carded or banned. You were given a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I meant that as a joke. And I did send you personal messages when you closed my thread but I only asked you why. And yes I did report you here. Look I can't do this - I'm tired of it. No offence!

OK Lamp69. Now you're telling porky pies. You PMd me in fury telling me you'd be lodging a complaint, not asking why I closed your most recent thread.

Incidentally, given that you didn't in fact ask why I decided to close your thread, you may like to read my rather succinct reasons again. I don't think I could have been any clearer....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057514309&page=2

• Advertisement

OK Lamp69. Now you're telling porky pies. You PMd me in fury telling me you'd be lodging a complaint, not asking why I closed your most recent thread.

Incidentally, given that you didn't in fact ask why I decided to close your thread, you may like to read my rather succinct reasons again. I don't think I could have been any clearer....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057514309&page=2

I sent you 4 messages over the course of a few days - that last one today and not in a fury - I said I'd be making a complaint about you unfairly closing my threads and I said all the best. In my message before that I actually apologised to you but I'm guessing you didn't see that.

This is actually getting ridiculous now

I sent you 4 messages over the course of a few days - that last one today and not in a fury - I said I'd be making a complaint about you unfairly closing my threads and I said all the best. In my message before that I actually apologised to you but I'm guessing you didn't see that.

Objectively, you come across as a problem poster. That amount of interaction with mods is ridiculous imo.

Overheal wrote: »
    eh, I'd report some of those generally speaking.

There's nothing to report. I sent 4 messages over the course of a few days after I got a message from Merkin with my warning. I replied to the warning asking was he/she for real. No reply so I sent another asking them to re read the threads. I then posted my "joke" about banning me and merkin gave out. I sent a pm saying sorry. My last one was today after my thread was closed.

Report to who anyways?!

Objectively, you come across as a problem poster. That amount of interaction with mods is ridiculous imo.

Oh fine. I give up for the love of God.

Just wondering Lamp69, you said you were here before in another life, years ago, that's fair enough.
    Back then if you wanted to complain about a moderator then you - well complained about a moderator on feedback. These days, one does it on help desk and talks to cmods / admins. I think you already know that though and chose to feign this thread subject here to raise your issue?

Am I wrong?

Are you just wasting our time? (well, not really, I enjoy a good feedback thread :D)

What's your real point dude?

Steve wrote: »
    Just wondering Lamp69, you said you were here before in another life, years ago, that's fair enough.
    Back then if you wanted to complain about a moderator then you - well complained about a moderator on feedback. These days, one does it on help desk and talks to cmods / admins. I think you already know that though and chose to feign this thread subject here to raise your issue?

Am I wrong?

Are you just wasting our time? (well, not really, I enjoy a good feedback thread :D)

What's your real point dude?

What do you mean? I didn't know I was supposed to raise my issue on helpdesk. I didn't complain years ago

I guess Steve is wondering why you started this thread, there is a whole process if you have an issue with an individual mod that you follow through dispute resolution which is not here.

I guess Steve is wondering why you started this thread, there is a whole process if you have an issue with an individual mod that you follow through dispute resolution which is not here.

I didn't know that. Maybe I should read the charter!! Look fair enough I did wrong - I opened 3 threads and I was a smart ass. I'm going to hell. I'm out of here - peace!

I didn't know that. Maybe I should read the charter!! Look fair enough I did wrong - I opened 3 threads and I was a smart ass. I'm going to hell. I'm out of here - peace!

Just read the charter and listen to warnings in future tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

PI is a horror to mod, it's very black and white

Be honest, most of the time it's just black :):)

• Advertisement

What do you mean? I didn't know I was supposed to raise my issue on helpdesk. I didn't complain years ago

Fair enough, you didn't. As Stheno said you should know where to go to complain though seeing as you are not as new as you claim to be, and seeing as I can see a lot of of previous accounts from your IP address you already know this. :)

Fair enough, you didn't. As Stheno said you should know where to go to complain though seeing as you are not as new as you claim to be, and seeing as I can see a lot of of previous accounts from your IP address you already know this. :)

I didn't make a complaint before. And Ya my last account was a few years ago. I don't have a few! As far as I remember anyways

I didn't make a complaint before. And Ya my last account was a few years ago. I don't have a few! As far as I remember anyways

So, where does this leave us?

Is this a thread about selecting moderators? if so, i'll send you on my paypal info.. if not then what?

So, where does this leave us?

Is this a thread about selecting moderators? if so, i'll send you on my paypal info.. if not then what?

This leaves me going on jolly way never to be back! Thanks Steve - your a good guy :)

Well, then I would have followed the Dispute Resolution Procedure. Taking your complaint to feedback (in the 'guise of a loaded question) has opened yourself up to the peanut gallery.
    Report to who anyways?!

Reported PM's go to admins, which can only view PM's that have been reported. The only other way to look at PM's is under 2 shared conditionals: you have a valid warrant, and you have one of the server operators (site owners) pluck the information out of the web-server's file storage, which I'm told is a relatively deliberate and/or tedious endeavor.
    I did and they ignored it. I remembered there was a reason I left boards for years and it's the same issue. Mod doesn't agree with you and they shut you down.
    OK this is a bit ironic given that is exactly what you're exhibiting here: other people are offering you advice/feedback that you disagree with, and then you say...
    Course you do. Oh forget it - waste of time
    I meant that as a joke. And I did send you personal messages when you closed my thread but I only asked you why. And yes I did report you here. Look I can't do this - I'm tired of it. No offence.

Actually feck it - I feel like I should be put in jail for a couple of posts. Bloody hell. I'm deactivating my account!
    Oh fine. I give up for the love of God.

Which is just another way of shutting down the conversation. That is totally the thing you're accusing a moderator of doing, shutting down other users for having a dissenting opinion (just with more coke, hookers, and powers)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Overheal wrote: »
    Which is just another way of shutting down the conversation. That is totally the thing you're accusing a moderator of doing (just with more coke, hookers, and powers)

And with that, she was gone!

This leaves me going on jolly way never to be back! Thanks Steve - your a good guy :)

I don't get you my friend. we can and are having a reasonable discussion here, that's what's supposed to happen on boards, why do you want to leave? surely this is enjoyable to some degree, otherwise you wouldn't have replied at all after your first post. :)

An File wrote: »
    And with that, she was gone!

Well that's pretty much the OP was ever going to get any mod-like powers: they're getting their thread locked now :)

Ah shíte, replied to a closed account, I know you are watching , thanks for nothing../

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As the OP has closed their account I'll close this thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement