Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 33), Oct 30

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

First playoff on Monday in Limerick and then Friday in Ballybofey. Chat of one of the Derry supporters buses heading down to support Harps so might jump on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Yeah agreed, will be interesting to see odds

10 unbeaten now :D
    Broke the drum when we scored the first! We had a back up tho! We should have scored first half, ucd dominated the early second but after we equalised it was all us. They completely ran out of steam.

Limerick is the one team out of the 7 I didn't want next. We are on form but limerick are too and been playing at a higher level which is a big advantage.. Still... Delighted to be in this position at all.over 2000 there tonight. Hopefully be in a position to attract more next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We really should have been relegated tonight. We were blessed that Pats weren't arsed last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Big question now, how long will Drogheda survive in the graveyard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Well wasnt to be for Bohs, plenty of chances tonight felt we were the better side harsh to lose the final game!! great season though keep the bulk of that squad with a few more additions next season and we will leap frog Pats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

We are saaaaaaaaaaaafe! Galway United for life lads and lasses! I 100% would have taken this at the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Great first season back for Longford, could have gone either way for the last while but ended up pretty damn well in the end. Hard to believe it is 8 years since since the same fixture against Derry that sent us down. One of the worst days of my life despite Mooney scoring his hatrick..

To end up 6th is more than I would have hoped for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Disappointed. Probably the last we'll see of some fantastic players in a UCD shirt. Think in the end our European exploits cost us promotion as we just looked knackered towards the end of the season. Wouldn't trade those games for the world though.

Best of luck to Harps. Think they would have been able for Drogheda but Limerick seem to have a head of steam up so I think they'll be up against it.

Cheers hammer, my fear too but will give it a hell of a rattle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

And we done here :) 4 months until we have one of these threads again :(

https://twitter.com/HistoryLOI/status/660225226110799872

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Congrats to Harps and Limerick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Very entertaining second half in Tallaght, could've been 10-4 at the end as Drogheda went for it. First penalty and yellow card for Byrne was the end of the Drogheda fightback. He is a quarter of the defender when on a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yet another brilliant night in Oriel. Kenny sent them out to score four goals and beat the record and they did exactly that. Two more for Richie leaving him with 25 league goals in just 33 games. Equals the premier league top scorer record. Our 77 goals mean no other team ever ever ever has scored as many goals as us.

Kenny's victory speech in the Likywhite Lounge afterwards was hilarious. I'm sure it'll surface on YouTube tomorrow at some stage. Now lets win this double and enhance our claims as this leagues finest ever side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Pighead wrote: »
    Yet another brilliant night in Oriel. Kenny sent them out to score four goals and beat the record and they did exactly that. Two more for Richie leaving him with 25 league goals in just 33 games. Equals the premier league top scorer record. Our 77 goals mean no other team ever ever ever has scored as many goals as us.

Kenny's victory speech in the Likywhite Lounge afterwards was hilarious. I'm sure it'll surface on YouTube tomorrow at some stage. Now lets win this double and enhance our claims as this leagues finest ever side.

Settle down!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Oat23 wrote: »
    We really should have been relegated tonight. We were blessed that Pats weren't arsed last week.

At least young Ruairi Keating got his first competitive goal for the club. His reaction, to get on with it and try and get another, is exactly what's been missing from too many senior players this season. Parasites, for the most part.

• Advertisement

Heard a Limerick lad shout "Get the f*ckin hair out of your eyes!" at the referee when he missed a foul I'm guessing.

Tom Connolly is bald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Watching Kanyuke at the back for Limerick is not good for your ticker. Good in the air but an absolute liability with the ball at his feet. Still what an incredible end of season it's been for the Super Blues. 13 games ago we were dead anc buried. Some very astute summer signings by Martin Russell coupled with the return to our spiritual home in Markets Field have seen a quite unbelievable transformation.

Dont know much about Harps other than them being big and physical. So can we expect lots of high balls into our box?

grenache wrote: »
    Watching Kanyuke at the back for Limerick is not good for your ticker. Good in the air but an absolute liability with the ball at his feet. Still what an incredible end of season it's been for the Super Blues. 13 games ago we were dead anc buried. Some very astute summer signings by Martin Russell coupled with the return to our spiritual home in Markets Field have seen a quite unbelievable transformation.

Dont know much about Harps other than them being big and physical. So can we expect lots of high balls into our box?

I've been to Ballybofey three times this season when Rovers have been playing further away than I can get to in time. In all of those games they were quite dirty. Reminded me of the good ol Rovers/Harps battles of the first division. I'd expect them to hack the legs off your lads to make up for the lack of quality they have.

Might actually head down for the playoff depending on how the first leg goes.

Kanyuka looks shocking alright. I can see why he was playing 3rd tier Thai football before joining Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I've been to Ballybofey three times this season when Rovers have been playing further away than I can get to in time. In all of those games they were quite dirty. Reminded me of the good ol Rovers/Harps battles of the first division. I'd expect them to hack the legs off your lads to make up for the lack of quality they have.

Might actually head down for the playoff depending on how the first leg goes.

Kanyuka looks shocking alright. I can see why he was playing 3rd tier Thai football before joining Limerick.

Hmmmm, it will be interesting to see if they do resort to those tactics, we are not a particularly big team. And keep the ball on the deck as much as possible.

Kanyuke......ah but sure he's a Congolese international :D:D

At least young Ruairi Keating got his first competitive goal for the club. His reaction, to get on with it and try and get another, is exactly what's been missing from too many senior players this season. Parasites, for the most part.
    one thing you cant fault Keating for is effort. I hope he proves me wrong but I do think he is a tad shy of the finishing ability of a top striker but he will prove an almighty pain in the ass for opposing teams and is may still be capable of being a double figures striker at LOI level.

And on the other comments, im not going to deny we have had our discipline issues, but thankfully, it has drastically improved as this season progressed. Our last red card was in July.
    Ollie does have a defensive brand of football at the base of his play which is hardly revolutionary, but there is some good ball players in the team if people want to believe it or not. Mchugh still has his touch but has lost his pace and as a result we lack that devastating finisher which is rare in LOI overall. But on a squad built on 2k a week... pretty much Towell's wage alone, you make do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Harps are filthy alright. The best is when their fans try and tell you otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Heard a Limerick lad shout "Get the f*ckin hair out of your eyes!" at the referee when he missed a foul I'm guessing.

Tom Connolly is bald.

I hear that one basically every week there's a bald ref :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Harps are filthy alright. The best is when their fans try and tell you otherwise!

And their opposition are always cheating divers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I suppose I should want Harps to go up as it halfs the chance of Shels having a major injury crisis next season.

Last time we got a red, limerick hadnt won a game but yea.... Love you all too sweeties xx

overshoot wrote: »
    Last time we got a red, limerick hadnt won a game but yea.... Love you all too sweeties xx
    You should be delighted opposition fans are taking cheap pot shots at your club. It generally means your team are successful and relevant.

Pighead wrote: »
    You should be delighted opposition fans are taking cheap pot shots at your club. It generally means your team are successful and relevant.
    ha true, tbh the sweetie remark was the end of me bothering
    also... its been a long time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Pighead wrote:
    But not in this case!

I hear that one basically every week there's a bald ref :o

How have I never heard that :(

We are not funny over here I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

red sean wrote: »
    Big question now, how long will Drogheda survive in the graveyard?

I posted my tuppence worth on the first page

"Drogheda going down would surely see them not lasting much longer? 767 average this season add into the Louth Derby and other teams bringing good crowds, that is pish poor."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Harps or Limerick? Who would you all fancy to be in the premier next year? Kinda gutted Drogs are gone from a selfish pov as my best mate lives a stone's throw from the ground but football wise they weren't up to much. Haven't been to Market's Field or Finn Park so there's a new one there regardless of who wins, with Wexford to visit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Omackeral wrote: »
    Harps or Limerick? Who would you all fancy to be in the premier next year? Kinda gutted Drogs are gone from a selfish pov as my best mate lives a stone's throw from the ground but football wise they weren't up to much. Haven't been to Market's Field or Finn Park so there's a new one there regardless of who wins, with Wexford to visit also.

I'd expect that the vast majority of neutrals will go for Limerick. Firstly, out of sheer amazement that their "Great Escape", and secondly, seeing the potential that a revitalised Limerick and Markets Field offers the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Limerick. Less expense on the club having to over night to go to Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I'd prefer to see Harps up, but I doubt it'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Sorry to go off topic, but heading to Markets Field for the first time tonight. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on the best place to park up before the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Any local radio stations covering the game live?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Any local radio stations covering the game live?

Heard highland radio are doing full commentary tonight, usually just updates so if someone offers a more reliable source go with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Highland are doing a full commentary but the sound isn't great, Live95fm are also doing one and the sound is much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

rmchmufc wrote: »
    Highland are doing a full commentary but the sound isn't great, Live95fm are also doing one and the sound is much better

Cheers for that. That other station is abysmal. Like a broadcast from the 1950's.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/limerickfcie/status/661277233005395968

Think there may have been a goal down Limerick way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Limerick 1 up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Full time 1-0. Finn Harps were poor, Limerick started well but looked nervy. Will take the win.

Absolute screamer of a goal too, the celebrations nearly brought the stand down!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

That_Guy wrote: »
    Like a broadcast from the 1950's.

Welcome to Donegal. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Could hear the cheers when the goal went in down town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Was impressed with Limerick, my first game since 'The Turn'. Tried to do it all properly, used the pitch well, can see why the turn came about. Top half next season if they survive. Bit squeaky at the back at times though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement