Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Middlesborough Match Thread...Not on UK tv.

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

xabi wrote: »
    Can't imagine it will now that you're out

O sorry tght you were a Boro fan, my mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

O sorry tght you were a Boro fan, my mistake.

I was last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

xabi wrote: »
    I was last night

AH cool nice one dude, easy game to jump on the differnet bandwagons, congrats anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

AH cool nice one dude, easy game to jump on the differnet bandwagons, congrats anyways

Ah, thanks chuck

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

that was a bit rubbish :s
    only caught the extra time + penos but jaysus. Something is rotten in English football atm. For all the money of teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs and chelsea they seem to be terrible atm (chelsea in fairness have just suddenly gone down hill and were actually decent last season, not in europe though :s ). Three English players bottling it and missing tonight isn't really surprising and look who it is too - 3 veterans. Remind us of Englands shootout record again? :p I dunno, overhyped, overrated and overpaid. Too much believing their own crap rather than actually doing it on the pitch.
    But then Arsenal beat Bayern 2-0 and you are like what the hell? but then Sheffield Wednesday show up and bring us back to reality. Even City have a rubbish record in europe despite being bankrolled by a corrupt society

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

From neither a Liverpool or United fans perspective. From reading both match threads regularly. It happens to L'pool threads to, so don't start acting all high and mighty.

I just don't understand the need to drop everything you are doing, find the nearest internet-connected devices and log onto boards.ie to post about the bad result of a team you don't even follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I just don't understand the need to drop everything you are doing, find the nearest internet-connected devices and log onto boards.ie to post about the bad result of a team you don't even follow.

Boards would be an altogether more enjoyable place if LFC and United fans (its them in the main) just had a glass of cop on.

Its laughable at this stage.

United lose.

Match thread gets invaded by gloaters.

United fans call them on it.

The Simpsons lemon gif gets trotted out, yer only bitters etc.

LFC lose, the same thing happens with United fans doing the gloating.

Its tiresome and old hat at this stage.

Football really does turn otherwise rational, well mannered people into window licking assholes.

FutureGuy wrote: »

People aren't posting from the artic circle, broadband is accessible at the touch of a button.

Dropping everything you are doing to complain about posters posting probably isn't healthy either!

If people can't take the fact others are happy that their team lost the Internet is probably not the best place for them tbh. Funny, I never seen you complaint when it's another team

Tune in to the Chelsea Liverpool thread at the weekend when Liverpool lose. Or most big team match threads tbh

Well done Boro, they deserved it fair and square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Well done Boro, they deserved it fair and square

Did you watch the game?

Did you watch the game?

Seen the highlights Fred. Did you get to see the game yourself?

• Advertisement

Seen the highlights Fred. Did you get to see the game yourself?

The name is Flint actually and yes I did. Fair play to you and all the other guys that are capable of being able to make statements like that from a highlight reel.

The name is Flint actually and yes I did. Fair play to you and all the other guys that are capable of being able to make statements like that from a highlight reel.

Would you argue the result?

Seemed to be to pretty even and Boro won it fair and square on pens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Am I the only one who actually enjoys the Utd v Pool stuff that happens when either loses? I don't support either but I love logging on when either has messed up, the comments are usually pretty hilarious!

Would you argue the result?

Seemed to be to pretty even and Boro won it fair and square on pens

I wouldn't argue it at all lad. United didn't do enough to win and so can't argue with losing. I personally would feel I was being disingenuous to make such a sure statement on a game I had not watched.
    More power to you if it doesn't feel that way for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Anyone want to tell me why my gif post was deleted yet the United fans bait posts are still here? Double standards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Boards would be an altogether more enjoyable place if LFC and United fans (its them in the main) just had a glass of cop on.

Its laughable at this stage.

United lose.

Match thread gets invaded by gloaters.

United fans call them on it.

The Simpsons lemon gif gets trotted out, yer only bitters etc.

LFC lose, the same thing happens with United fans doing the gloating.

Its tiresome and old hat at this stage.

Football really does turn otherwise rational, well mannered people into window licking assholes.

But yet you post about Liverpool fans having a wet dream when Man Utd get beat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If people want to discuss the game, discuss the game, but there's way to much baiting going on here and too many people about to cross the line into getting carded for trolling.

If there's no interest in discussing the match, I can close the thread. If the Liverpool vs United nonsense continues, then I'll do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's Mid Term break tbf ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I've said it before and I'll say it again, lvg is a spoofer, united will not win any silverware under his tenure. Give any manager the money he spent and they couldn't do worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Dear God that's a slow midfield. Could be a long night

If ever a prediction was bang on the money,that was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, lvg is a spoofer, united will not win any silverware under his tenure. Give any manager the money he spent and they couldn't do worse!

At what point in his career did he become a spoofer? I don't think anyone can spoof their way through a 20+ year career managing Munich, Barca, United and Holland.

I presume your opinion i based on the last 13 months at United and with the word spoofer from listening to Eamon Dunphy.

Advertisement