Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple miscarriages, next step?

• 28-10-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what tests etc happened after multiple miscarriages? My doc said that if I miscarry again (would be third time) she'll ' take things further' I'm just wondering what these might be?

We just got another positive test result on Monday but I'm terrified of another miscarriage. We seem to have no real issue conceiving but keeping them is a different matter. I've to book an appointment with my gynae for next week where she'll do a scan at 5 weeks along.

We are currently in germany so I'm worried there will be a bit of a language barrier, so want to know what to expect and keep an ear out for.

Thank you

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

For me it was a gynae referral, they did a range of tests - mostly blood tests, I'll dig out the list later this evening when I get home and post it up for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Hopefully you won't be in this position but a friend went through this in the States after 3 MCs.
    They investigated and discovered the main cause of her mcs was genetic (those embryos were destined to fail)
    I don't know how they can tell this after the fact (!) but they were able to.

IVF with genetic testing was recommended (called IVF PGS in Ireland) and she has a 1 year old now and no.2 on the way both from IVF with PGS. Basically they performed genetic testing on the embryos created during IVF and were able to identify which ones were likely to suceed and then only put those in.

Advertisement