Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Oat23 wrote: »

The beta is not even a week old and you have gone through 4 seasons :eek:

I haven't even made it past September 2015!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Grab yourself a 2nd hand Lenovo out of CEX for 250 notes

I bought this last week, 4 gigs of RAM but it's running FM16 smooth as f*ck

ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SLAPLENFLEX10078A#.VjhtO7fhAdU

Cheap as chips

How many leagues are you running on that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Belt wrote: »
    How many leagues are you running on that?

England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Scotland, Portugal, Brazil and Argentina

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Trying to sign Pogba, deal agreed for €130m

He wants 2.6m for winning champions league, I can only offer him 1.9m, so I also offer him 1.1m if we reach the final, so if we win it he'll get 3m in total

And because I can't give him the 2.6m he won't budge from, I lose out on the deal

Don't ya know he'll come back to haunt me yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Trying to sign Pogba, deal agreed for €130m

He wants 2.6m for winning champions league, I can only offer him 1.9m, so I also offer him 1.1m if we reach the final, so if we win it he'll get 3m in total

And because I can't give him the 2.6m he won't budge from, I lose out on the deal

Don't ya know he'll come back to haunt me yet

Can ya give multiple bonuses for the same competition now? Never thought that was an option before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The beta is not even a week old and you have gone through 4 seasons :eek:

I haven't even made it past September 2015!!

When the teams you are managing don't have any money there's no messing about in transfer windows which saves a lot of time! The leagues in India and Singapore are short (20 games & 27 games) with multiple long spells of 2-3 weeks between matches, which take about 30 seconds to sim since my PC is fast. I've also sim'd about 10 months in total looking for jobs.

Spent 6 weeks looking for a new job before being hired by Indonesian Super League side Persik. They sacked their manager with 8 games left as they were hovering around the relegation zone when mid table was the goal. The ISL is ranked 17 places higher than the S-League, so it's a step up.
    Disappointingly lost my first two games which dragged us even closer to the drop, before bouncing back with great 2-1 wins over 4th placed Semen Padang and 2nd placed Persib. 4 games left now and I'm 8 points above the drop. Last 4 games are against 1st, 2nd, 14th & 15th. Not safe yet!

The squad is huge (31 players total). I hate having a squad bigger than 22/23, so I'm going to let about 13 contracts expire. For the first time in the save I'll have €€€ to bring in players for my system. I estimate about €4k p/w savings getting rid of the deadwood and €7k p/w total when added to what is available currently. I'm excited :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Oat23 wrote: »
    When the teams you are managing don't have any money there's no messing about in transfer windows which saves a lot of time! The leagues in India and Singapore are short (20 games & 27 games) with multiple long spells of 2-3 weeks between matches, which take about 30 seconds to sim since my PC is fast. I've also sim'd about 10 months in total looking for jobs.

Spent 6 weeks looking for a new job before being hired by Indonesian Super League side Persik. They sacked their manager with 8 games left as they were hovering around the relegation zone when mid table was the goal. The ISL is ranked 17 places higher than the S-League, so it's a step up.
    Disappointingly lost my first two games which dragged us even closer to the drop, before bouncing back with great 2-1 wins over 4th placed Semen Padang and 2nd placed Persib. 4 games left now and I'm 8 points above the drop. Last 4 games are against 1st, 2nd, 14th & 15th. Not safe yet!

The squad is huge (31 players total). I hate having a squad bigger than 22/23, so I'm going to let about 13 contracts expire. For the first time in the save I'll have €€€ to bring in players for my system. I estimate about €4k p/w savings getting rid of the deadwood and €7k p/w total when added to what is available currently. I'm excited :D.

Random question what specs your computer have. I bought myself a new laptop literally for release don't and still only played 1 season. Although work and girlfriend have stopped me mostly

astonaidan wrote: »
    Random question what specs your computer have. I bought myself a new laptop literally for release don't and still only played 1 season. Although work and girlfriend have stopped me mostly

I have an i5 4670k 16GB ram.

Should also probably mention I use Instant Result for friendlies and cup games against non league teams. Saves a good bit of time.

Really enjoying it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

WHERE IS LUKA JOVIC ? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »

He's on the wonderkid 'list'

Maybe he'll be added in the full game release of first update?

He's valued at 350k on BETA and asks for 1k a week

He's valued at 350k on BETA and asks for 1k a week

I've searched on mine and couldn't find him, no results came up

I've searched on mine and couldn't find him, no results came up

He's not on mine either - I'm going on the information from FMscout

He's not on mine either - I'm going on the information from FMscout

I have said it on the official forums, I actually checked to make sure he was still alive :o

Where's the cheapest place to get this today with the beta version?

Green Man Gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A season in with Chelsea, done well in the first year, won the league by 7 pts, lost only 5 games all year and drew 2, won 31. City in 2nd only lost 2 but drew 10 games and that was their downfall.

Won the UCL but poxed the semi final and final, beating Benica 4-3 over two legs after winning the home leg 3-0, PSg beat Real in the other semi final and that was another game we won in extra time after going 1 down inside 4mins.

Needed defensive cover so tried to sign Stones at the start of the season offered £55m and about 130k a week, he ended up at Utd for £48m and 88k a week, was fuming at that and ended up paying £60m upfront for Varane and another £20m in add ons aswell as a ton of bonuses to budge him for Real, it worked anyway as he made team of the year.

Stripped out alot of deadwood at the start of the year too, Ivanovic, Mikel, Ramires all sold, brought in a combined 45m.

Kenedy had a real breakout season as well and finished with 15goals, often keeping Willian and Pedro out of the team, Benfica are sniffing around too for a reported 22m but I've no interest in selling him.

Start of the 2nd season and I've brought in Pogba after swapping Juventus Cuadrado and £105m, the wages were a huge issue as hes now on £275k, he originally wanted 320K. I've sold Matic to PSG for 35m and Oscar to Real for 40m to somewhat balance the books. Other guys sold include Moses, Salah and Begovic, meaning I need a 2nd GK and the current AC Milan GK, Donnarumma came to mind, until Real signed him for about £2m so a few days before the new season starts and I need a decent 2nd choice GK.

Overall enjoying the game, I'll probably get another season or two under my belt before its properly released and I'll start a new save.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    A season in with Chelsea, done well in the first year, won the league by 7 pts, lost only 5 games all year and drew 2, won 31. City in 2nd only lost 2 but drew 10 games and that was their downfall.

Won the UCL but poxed the semi final and final, beating Benica 4-3 over two legs after winning the home leg 3-0, PSg beat Real in the other semi final and that was another game we won in extra time after going 1 down inside 4mins.

Needed defensive cover so tried to sign Stones at the start of the season offered £55m and about 130k a week, he ended up at Utd for £48m and 88k a week, was fuming at that and ended up paying £60m upfront for Varane and another £20m in add ons aswell as a ton of bonuses to budge him for Real, it worked anyway as he made team of the year.

Stripped out alot of deadwood at the start of the year too, Ivanovic, Mikel, Ramires all sold, brought in a combined 45m.

Kenedy had a real breakout season as well and finished with 15goals, often keeping Willian and Pedro out of the team, Benfica are sniffing around too for a reported 22m but I've no interest in selling him.

Start of the 2nd season and I've brought in Pogba after swapping Juventus Cuadrado and £105m, the wages were a huge issue as hes now on £275k, he originally wanted 320K. I've sold Matic to PSG for 35m and Oscar to Real for 40m to somewhat balance the books. Other guys sold include Moses, Salah and Begovic, meaning I need a 2nd GK and the current AC Milan GK, Donnarumma came to mind, until Real signed him for about £2m so a few days before the new season starts and I need a decent 2nd choice GK.

Overall enjoying the game, I'll probably get another season or two under my belt before its properly released and I'll start a new save.

You bastards won't loan my Leeds team youth players as you 'won't loan directly to a rival'

:D

You bastards won't loan my Leeds team youth players as you 'won't loan directly to a rival'

:D

Didn't the two clubs have a falling out a couples of years ago over two youth players Chelsea took from Leeds? Maybe that's what it's alluding too!

Downloaded this last night and can't wait to get a game started tonight after work.....don't know who to start with - Parma, Carpi, Leeds and FC United are all calling out to me

• Advertisement

Didn't the two clubs have a falling out a couples of years ago over two youth players Chelsea took from Leeds? Maybe that's what it's alluding too!

Downloaded this last night and can't wait to get a game started tonight after work.....don't know who to start with - Parma, Carpi, Leeds and FC United are all calling out to me

Think that was more Ken Bates stirring the sh*t than anything else.

Manchester Utd won't loan me players either - they just all hate Leeds it seems! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I started one with FC United, it's interesting as you get a much higher attendance than most. On league matchdays, there's usually 8,000 fans split among the 11 games playing in Vanarama North, but ~2500-2700 of them are at my home match. This is balanced out by the 14k a month loan repayment for the stadium though so it's not all plain sailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone created their own club yet ?

Anyone created their own club yet ?

Not yet, but it looks like fun. Might try to make my own kit and crest as well!

Anyone else reached the date where WC 2022 gets moved yet? It was moved to China in my game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

thought I could hold out til the 13th and play it then... but no. Had to install it :o

Any good coach or scout recommendations lads?

What nationality do people select for their manager? Does it have an effect on the jobs you can get further down the line?

What nationality do people select for their manager? Does it have an effect on the jobs you can get further down the line?

Ive never been able to get the England job

Just resigned Benteke after half a season with Rhodes as my main striker cause Adebayor went crazy for a move to Lyon, I finally have a beast up front again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Mainly effects languages and relationships I think...

Advertisement