Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

One of my players has a valuation of zero and has played 6 games and scored 5 goals in league, their is only 2 games into season :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

astonaidan wrote: »
    One of my players has a valuation of zero and has played 6 games and scored 5 goals in league, their is only 2 games into season :mad:

Is he on a contract or is playing a month to month contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Is he on a contract or is playing a month to month contract?
    Full time, he was valued at 30million when he singed. The fact that he scored 5 goals in 6 games is whats really annoying when its two games into the season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

astonaidan wrote: »

Has to be a bug?
    Report it to SI just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    Spent 6 weeks looking for a new job before being hired by Indonesian Super League side Persik. They sacked their manager with 8 games left as they were hovering around the relegation zone when mid table was the goal. The ISL is ranked 17 places higher than the S-League, so it's a step up.
    Disappointingly lost my first two games which dragged us even closer to the drop, before bouncing back with great 2-1 wins over 4th placed Semen Padang and 2nd placed Persib. 4 games left now and I'm 8 points above the drop. Last 4 games are against 1st, 2nd, 14th & 15th. Not safe yet!

The squad is huge (31 players total). I hate having a squad bigger than 22/23, so I'm going to let about 13 contracts expire. For the first time in the save I'll have €€€ to bring in players for my system. I estimate about €4k p/w savings getting rid of the deadwood and €7k p/w total when added to what is available currently. I'm excited .

Continuing on from there, I managed to secure safety by picking up 6 points in the final 4 games which left us 10th, just shy of the target the board had for the last manager.

19/20

In total I let 11 contracts expire, which left me with €9k p/w free as the board raised the budget slightly for the new season. I'm allowed 3 foreigners total. Unfortunately, I missed out on several targets who accepted lesser wages to go to bigger teams in the league. For my system, I need attacking full backs and I missed out on 5 in total which p*ssed me off no end. I wasn't happy with the team I put together entering the season and it would be tough to meet the board's target of a top half finish.

Things got off to a disastrous start when I picked up only 1 point in the first 3 games and was bottom. It included an opening day 5-3 loss away to a newly promoted side. I played around with my tactics to suit the sh*t team I had and got things back on track a bit and at Christmas we were 9th (18 team league).

We got off to a flyer in the 2nd half of the season and we were unbeaten in 9 (8 wins, 1 draw) which had us 6th. Then, disaster: My best CB, and probably one of the best in the whole league, broke his foot. Things didn't go well after that game against PBR. http://i.imgur.com/ELfldGF.png

We finished 11th and went out of the cup before the board wanted. Despite there being so few points between us and the relegation spots, we were never in any danger. I've actually done worse than the last manager, but I was offered a new contract there and I have decided to stay. There's a few young talents coming through from the youth teams that can contribute, and I have already signed up two defenders to pre-contracts to shore up the back line. Next season should be better.

Decided I'm going to attempt the Pentagon Challenge in this save, so I'll obviously be moving on from Persik at some stage to try to get a club in Korea or China so I can win the Champions League.

• Advertisement

Picked Liverpool to play with, as always.
    First transfer business was Kristoffer Ajer from a team called Start. Very promising midfielder, box to box or ball winner. Comes cheap and definitely worth checking out.

Sold Allen to Inter for €14m right away when I saw Sven Bender transfer listed, brought him in for €16m. Great replacement I hope.

Sold Lallana to Arsenal for €46.5m and brought in Yarmolenko for €33m as I needed some wide attacking players and then for the giggles I bough Martin Odegard from Real, €20m+add ons. He is nearly good enough to start at 16!

To the games now

Opening game of the season away to Chelsea. Said I would play for the draw and Lost 5-0. Not one player performed. Stoke next away and small improvement with a 2-2 draw, Benteke scoring his first goal along with Firmino. Another away game with Arsenal and in the first 20 minutes I was 2 goals up but lost the lead by half time and then it finished 4-3 to Arsenal. Furious I couldn't keep onto it. That's all I've played, liking it so far. Will start a new game on Friday again and disable first transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Oat23 what leagues did you pick when starting this journey out? Do you expand into other leagues when you want to move on?

Beau wrote: »
    Oat23 what leagues did you pick when starting this journey out? Do you expand into other leagues when you want to move on?

I loaded up all the Asian ones for my first save.
    When/if I win the Asian CL I'll remove some Asian leagues and add some from the next continent I want to go to, yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Anyone found Luka Jovic?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is there much of an improvement over 2015?

Still pretty into my Cheltenham game from 15 so might leave it a while (so i say :rolleyes:) to get this unless there is some magical thing that makes it way better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone found Luka Jovic?

Crimeline are doing a call out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Liam O wrote: »

Still pretty into my Cheltenham game from 15 so might leave it a while (so i say :rolleyes:) to get this unless there is some magical thing that makes it way better.

Not really, if you have a good game going on 15 then keep it up

Liam O wrote: »

Sure, why not play both :P

I'm still tipping away with my 15 game on the side as I really like the save I have going, still have a few things to win so don't feel like abandoning it just yet. Not as much time devoted to it but it's not like I have to uninstall it any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I went for start unemployed with no badges and Sunday League experience. Loaded up the 6 South American countries. Took me a full season to get a job. Tookover Jaguares who were after being relegated from the Columbian First Division. A good chunk of the team had been cleared out and a few guys had already been loaned in before I got the job and there was pretty much no funds to do anymore but luckily I still had a few players above the Second Division standard.

Finished 1st pretty comfortably and got promoted back to the top division but was given very little to spend. Medellin are the top team and spent about 5 million compared to my 200k. The league setup is weird. 20 teams all play each other twice but then it goes into playoffs etc. So the team who finished 12(out of 20) got relegated last season and the Champions only finished 5th. I'm a few games into the new season now but drawing too many. Currently 14th with 2 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses. It would be nice to finish midtable and avoid the relegation playoffs but if I just avoid relegation and continue to build, Id take it. I'm conceding way too much from crosses.

Edit

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Thinking of going with Leicester. In final year college so I don't really have so much time this year to play so gonna start in the prem :)

This is the complete opposite of 2015

It's too ****ing easy

I won the Championship by NINETEEN points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Where is the cheapest place to buy it?

It's too ****ing easy

Having a lot of success playing with attacking fullbacks and instructing my players to look for the overlap. Seems a bit easy alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Oat23 wrote: »
    Having a lot of success playing with attacking fullbacks and instructing my players to look for the overlap. Seems a bit easy alright..

Same, my left back got 11 assists one of my seasons, doesn't take frees or corners so it's all from getting forward

Not as game breaking as getting your big centre back to attack the near post in 13/14, had centre backs as top scorers a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Oat can you let us know how your attributes have increased over the few seasons you have played, i am wondering if the ones that did not change in last years fm move this year

Oat can you let us know how your attributes have increased over the few seasons you have played, i am wondering if the ones that did not change in last years fm move this year

Here's a screenshot of my attributes. Started with the lowest coaching badge and SLF experience. I don't ever pay attention to my attributes to be honest so I have no idea if this is any different to FM15.
    l5Tm7sd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Same, my left back got 11 assists one of my seasons, doesn't take frees or corners so it's all from getting forward

Not as game breaking as getting your big centre back to attack the near post in 13/14, had centre backs as top scorers a few times

Jose Goncalves was my top scorer two years in a row, seemed to score every game from a free kick or a corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Would need to buy a new laptop in order to get this, cant decide whetehr its worth it, would be my first year in yonks not getting the game!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's too ****ing easy

I suck at this game then :( Southampton sitting bottom of the league after 5 games :(

Though I think it's cause I always buy 7 or 8 players when I start a new game, and it takes a few weeks for them to gel together. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Wish I could play this :( Completely crashes when I try to play a match. Reported on the SI forums and was talking Lucas about it when suddenly, for whatever reason, the thread was deleted (its no where to be seen). I tried reinstalling it but no luck. :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I suck at this game then :( Southampton sitting bottom of the league after 5 games :(

Though I think it's cause I always buy 7 or 8 players when I start a new game, and it takes a few weeks for them to gel together. :P

My tactics and instructions - as I say, won the Championship by 19 points

kGfdNlY.jpg

OCXd049.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Think I will have to invest in this game, haven't bought it since 2010 and I still play that from time to time!

TrueIt wrote: »
    Think I will have to invest in this game, haven't bought it since 2010 and I still play that from time to time!

Wave goodbye to your life ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

3 substitutions made and cruising to the win and a player takes a knock but not serious enough that hes forced off but you still have the option to take him off and finish with 10 men.

Has this always been possible?

Advertisement