Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

tvercetti wrote: »
    3 substitutions made and cruising to the win and a player takes a knock but not serious enough that hes forced off but you still have the option to take him off and finish with 10 men.

Has this always been possible?

Yep have often done that in past year(s)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Usually if you leave him on it exacerbates the injury though?

Last week one of my players had a clear clash of heads/facial injury after going up for a header - got orange flagged but I left him on as I didnt think it was serious.

After the match I'm informed he has a broken leg and will be out for 9 months :D

Usually if you leave him on it exacerbates the injury though?

Depends on how the game is going. If I'm 4-0 up, definitely coming off. But if the game is close I'd wait and see how it goes, I usually have a big squad and can cope with injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Downloads, editor, in game editor and the game itself is going live tonight 00:01 GMT, from Miles Jacobson on Twitter.

He also receommends people to not carry over a Beta save, so you have th emost up to date database available.

So my question, anyone on the Beta going carry over your save or start a fresh?

I'm just coming up to christmas in my 2nd season at the moment and with a good squad and a one or two promising re-gens, I'm not too bothered with the updated database IMO, not sure sure how many hours I've out into the Beta but I reckon its probably a good 10-12hrs at this stage off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Been 2 yrs since I had this, tried handheld last year but didn't cut it, considering buying a laptop purely for this, any recommendations? Obviously cheaper the better, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just bought it from greenmangaming for £28 with a 20% discount code applied,

Key was available straight away and have it downloading now, will just have a mess around later and start tomorrow when the updated version is released.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Downloads, editor, in game editor and the game itself is going live tonight 00:01 GMT, from Miles Jacobson on Twitter.

He also receommends people to not carry over a Beta save, so you have th emost up to date database available.

I'm just coming up to christmas in my 2nd season at the moment and with a good squad and a one or two promising re-gens, I'm not too bothered with the updated database IMO, not sure sure how many hours I've out into the Beta but I reckon its probably a good 10-12hrs at this stage off the top of my head.

I'm in my 4th season, so what I have will more than do. Plenty of time for the new database in other saves.

Ugh is it just the database that's gonna be different? I'm really happy with my beta save right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've lost about a year of in game time. I disabled autosave to check a bug thing posted over on the sega forums last week, and then forgot to turn it back on. I've been playing for the past 6/7 days and setting my PC to hibernate, so I never had to shut the game down and save it. Thought it was saving it every two weeks all that time.

Got an error during a match there, rebooted and almost cried when it had thrown me all the way back to pre-season. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Oat23 wrote: »
    I've lost about a year of in game time. I disabled autosave to check a bug thing posted over on the sega forums last week, and then forgot to turn it back on. I've been playing for the past 6/7 days and setting my PC to hibernate, so I never had to shut the game down and save it. Thought it was saving it every two weeks all that time.

Got an error during a match there, rebooted and almost cried when it had thrown me all the way back to pre-season. :(

Probably the most disheartening thing to happen to a FM game. I feel your pain!

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »

I could batter you

He said don't carry over ONLINE saves, not single beta saves- he said they're perfect to carry over

After reading your post I deleted my beta save :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Are cdkeys ok to buy from? I see the game is available there for €32.69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Vahevala wrote: »

Yeah I have used them for the last 2 or 3 FMs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone have to buy a new laptop for this; if so would you have any recommendations? Not very tech minded.

Anyone have to buy a new laptop for this; if so would you have any recommendations? Not very tech minded.

Anything with 4-6gbs of RAM upwards should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

just got mine there from Instant Gaming (came with free code for the documentary for 10c more than the cheapest place and it's reputable). The only other thing I've bought from them? FM15 :D Got a €3 voucher too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Vahevala wrote: »

I bought FM2016 from them last night paying by Paypal and I got the key code without any problems. The only slight holdup was that you have to give them your mobile number first and they text you a verification code which you need to enter on the PC but there were no delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just bought this there.

Going to be hard to wait the 20 mins to download it LoL.

Cant wait to start it.

Have 16GB of ram and a i7 so i am going to run 20 leagues because i can :D

So picked Man Utd for my 1st game just to get to grounds with the game not planing on staying here long term.

Sold Rooney got 30 mil for him replaced him with Kane for 40 mil
    Sold Valdas for 1.6 mil

Also bought in
    Balanta £2.9 mil
    Barbosa £12 mil

Playing with my a tactic that i masted with a shocking bad roma team last year to win the Italian league from 12 in the table.

4-1-2-2-1

1 out and out defence midfielder to sit in front of the back 4 does wonders for the team.

In the middle 2 i play one playmaker and a box to box player.

Then for the attacking wingers i have them play all out attacking but i need speed for for this tactic to work perfect.

Then a taget man up front and Kane i hope will be perfect for the role.

Update have now also brought in Witsel for £15 mil to add another centre midfielder.

Impressed with my 4 signing all something that man utd needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Yakult wrote: »
    Probably the most disheartening thing to happen to a FM game. I feel your pain!

Tried getting back into it, but it's hard being thrown back to before you have even put your squad together. I had a fantastic season carrying on from here. We finished 3rd and we leading by 5 points at one point, but a few poor results and we were overtaken.

I'll have to try taking some time off from that save to see if I can motivate myself to continue it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

ElNino wrote: »
    I bought FM2016 from them last night paying by Paypal and I got the key code without any problems. The only slight holdup was that you have to give them your mobile number first and they text you a verification code which you need to enter on the PC but there were no delays.

I bought it from them yesterday, turns out they ran out of stock :rolleyes: so got a refund from them and decided it is easiest to just buy it from steam. will start playing today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Decided on Watford for the first save... Didn't realise how old their squad is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I couldn't help myself and I just bought this. :(

Anyone fancy an online game?

Jan Wouters a cracking assistant manager available on a free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm gonna be sacked before Christmas in my first season!! Not good at this game when I try tactics for myself. :o

Update with my man utd team. My goal is a title challenge and a run in the euro cup and the fa cup.

So far my signings have been ok not great
    My big money signing Harry Kane in 13 games has 9 goals not bad at all.
    Barbosa has 3 in 10 games not bad just cant work out a role for him in the team i mostly play him out on the right.

But crazily Ashley Young is playing some football for me and i cant drop him at all.

I am hammering teams at home 4 or 5 nil no problem but away from home i have no form at all i be lucky to get a draw. Any idea of what i could do to fix this ?.

Games played 17 overall
    Won 10
    Draw 3
    Lost 4
    goals scored 40.

In the pl i am 3rd after 11 games 8 points behide Chelsea. If i get 2nd i am delighted.

What i need is a proper attacking right midfielder. Replacement for Mata as he is useless for me. So next summer depending on what money i get i am going to go nuts on trying to get Griezmann and play him behide Kane and no idea who to go for on the right any ideas ?.

Update with my man utd team. My goal is a title challenge and a run in the euro cup and the fa cup.

So far my signings have been ok not great
    My big money signing Harry Kane in 13 games has 9 goals not bad at all.
    Barbosa has 3 in 10 games not bad just cant work out a role for him in the team i mostly play him out on the right.

But crazily Ashley Young is playing some football for me and i cant drop him at all.

I am hammering teams at home 4 or 5 nil no problem but away from home i have no form at all i be lucky to get a draw. Any idea of what i could do to fix this ?.

Games played 17 overall
    Won 10
    Draw 3
    Lost 4
    goals scored 40.

In the pl i am 3rd after 11 games 8 points behide Chelsea. If i get 2nd i am delighted.

What i need is a proper attacking right midfielder. Replacement for Mata as he is useless for me. So next summer depending on what money i get i am going to go nuts on trying to get Griezmann and play him behide Kane and no idea who to go for on the right any ideas ?.

Felipe Anderson for the right wing. Natural there as well as on the left, cost me €53 million and has been value for money for 3 and a half years for me with Chelsea.

I'm also finding that I rarely get good results away from home. In the first 3 years in the champions league, I didn't win an away game, even against the crap teams. I already play a possession based safe style so I can't exactly go more defensive in the away games. Won the champions league in the 4th year so it all came good in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Made an impulse buy (damn you Steam!!) since I haven't played FM in a good while and have some spare time on my hands coming up since the Canadian winters are too cold to go outside much. Went with Man Utd, and jaysus I'm happy with how my team has turned out going into the second season (got to the CL QFs in the first, and came 2nd in the league, was only 2pts behind coming into the last day... to Spurs! Bloody Spurs won it!! :pac: ) .

Anyway, after two summers...
    OUT: Rooney (€45mn), Valencia (15mn), Young (7.5mn), Blind (28.5mn), McNair (10mn), Lingard (7mn), Blackett (5mn), Romero (12mn!!), Smalling (32.5mn), Pereira (11mn!), Fellaini (25mn)... plus Carrick, Valdes and an absolute heap of young lads on frees. Never was bothered having anything under at least 2.5 stars sitting around in the reserves - waste of time and money, and loaning them out to increase their value is often too much of a crap shoot.

IN: Balic (10mn), Vlasic (7.5mn), Plavsic (1mn), Balanta (4.4mn), Barbosa (12mn), Thiago Maia (6.25mn), Cruzeiro's Ronaldo (2.7mn), Evander (1.8mn), Obispo (5mn), Bazoer (16.5mn), and Laporte (50mn). They're some serious group of young lads for anyone looking, though I always used a database of about 100,000 players so they might not be in the standard settings. Plus their wages are a lot lower which saves tonnes of money for future windows... like the second one.

Got a quick scout report on him for the craic, and found out Pogba could be had for €164mn, and here I was with over €200mn left in my budget... yoink!! That guy used to be utterly impossible to get, especially as United - fecking delighted!!
    [b]FIRST TEAM[/b]
                                      De Gea
    Darmian                  Jones             Laporte                  Shaw
                Pogba (DLP)   Schweinsteiger (CM)    Schneiderlin (Box-to-box)
                                       Mata
                             Depay             Barbosa

[b]SECOND TEAM[/b]
                              Johnstone
    Balanta              Bazoer       Obispo              Rojo
              Herrera (DLP)   Balic (CM)  T Maia (B2B)
                               Januzaj
                        Martial        Wilson

Plus Savic (GK), Ronaldo (CB), Evander (CM/AM) and Plavsic (CM/AM) in the squad. Also maybe 3 defenders, 2-3 mids and a striker that would class as 'just about playable' in the U21s/U18s. Going to have to hope I avoid some key injuries this season, but with the upside on just about every one of those players, I'll be sharting my way to CL after CL title for a number of years...Until I get bored after 5 seasons or so and go to a team in the Conference South! :p

Just playing away here... next game, season opener against Wolves! :D

• Advertisement

Up since 4.33am playing this

WHAT IS MY LIFE?

Advertisement