Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Are part time contracts still in the game? I was playing in Northern Ireland but non contract was the only option I had?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Lads

Do you use a different formation away from home to the one you use at home?

Likewise would you go more defensive against the top teams in the league and go more attacking against the strugglers, or stay the same tactically irrespective of the opposition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Vahevala wrote: »
    Are part time contracts still in the game? I was playing in Northern Ireland but non contract was the only option I had?

Part time is still in the game, yes. Maybe the team you were managing was amateur?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hate the way it's not obvious that you have an injured or suspended player on the bench until you try to continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Oat23 wrote: »
    Part time is still in the game, yes. Maybe the team you were managing was amateur?

The club status says Semi professional, maybe I try and start a new game and leave out this league and try a different one. Half my problem is trying to figure out what nations to choose! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Lads

Do you use a different formation away from home to the one you use at home?

Likewise would you go more defensive against the top teams in the league and go more attacking against the strugglers, or stay the same tactically irrespective of the opposition?

I like having 3 tactics, start with a balanced formation, then i tweek this into a defensive formation and an attacking formation

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Finished my beta save on a low, got fired by Liverpool start of February, first season. A first lol.

Didn't get my 4231 tactic to click nor able to motivate them by October. I tried alternative tactics aswell. Defenders were terrible for me, strikers not scoring and getting injured and a lacklustre midfield. Lingering 7th-10th most of season and knocked out of domestic cups.

Was planning on restarting again once the full game came out so no better time than now :P

LIST OF BANNED REGEN NAMES IN THIS YEARS FOOTBALL MANAGER 2016

"BLOCKED_NAME" "Bashar" "al-Assad"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Hafez" "al-Assad"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Idi" "Amin"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Osama" "bin laden"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Martin" "Bormann"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Mohammed" "Bouyeri"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Ian" "Brady"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Iain" "Brady"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Anders" "Breivik"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Martin" "Bryant"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Woo" "Bum-Kon"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Ted" "Bundy"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fidel" "Castro"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Nicolae" "Ceausescu"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Hugo" "Chavez"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Hugo" "Chávez"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Anwar" "Congo"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Oliver" "Cromwell"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Oli" "Cromwell"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Campo Elias" "Delgado"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Adolf" "Eichmann"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Facey"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Facey"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Feeley"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Feeley"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Feely"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Feely"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Fest"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Fest"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Flick"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Flick"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Pim" "Fortuijn"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Francisco" "Franco"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Muammar" "Gaddafi"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Joseph" "Goebbels"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Baruch" "Goldstein"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Hermann" "Göring"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Ernesto" "Guevara"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Thomas" "Hamilton"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Eric" "Harris"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Rolfe" "Harris"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Rolf" "Harris"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Head"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Willy" "Head"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Reinhardt" "Heidrich"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Reinhart" "Heidrich"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "George" "Hennard"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Rudolf" "Hess"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Rudolph" "Hess"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Adolf" "Hitler"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Hole"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Hole"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Saddam" "Hossain"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Mike" "Hunt"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Ian" "Huntley"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Iain" "Huntley"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Saddam" "Husain"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Udai" "Husain"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Saddam" "Hussain"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Udai" "Hussain"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Saddam" "Hussein"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Udai" "Hussein"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Ahmed" "Ibragimov"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Hugh" "Janus"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Kim" "Jong"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Stalin" "Josef"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Stalin" "Joseph"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Ted" "Kaczynski"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Ernst" "Kaltenbrunner"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Wayne" "Kerr"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Ali" "Kha"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Yahya" "Khan"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Wayne" "King"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dylan" "Klebold"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Otto" "Koch"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Leak"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Leak"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Leake"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Leake"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Vladimir" "Lenin"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Licka"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Licka"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Peter" "Lundin"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Charles" "Manson"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Charlie" "Manson"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Tim" "McVeigh"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Timothy" "McVeigh"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Slobodan" "Milosevic"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Robert" "Mugabe"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Yoweri" "Museveni"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Benito" "Mussolini"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Toi" "Mutsuo"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Augusto" "Pinochet"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Pol" "Pot"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Vladimir" "Putin"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Richard" "Ramirez"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Ilich" "Ramirez Sanchez"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Lee" "Rigby"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Jimmy" "Savil"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "James" "Savil"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Jim" "Savil"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Jimmy" "Savile"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "James" "Savile"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Jim" "Savile"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Jimmy" "Saville"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "James" "Saville"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Jim" "Saville"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Cho" "Seing-hui"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Thaksin" "Shinawatra"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Harold" "Shipman"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Than" "Shwe"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Joseph" "Stalin"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Josef" "Stalin"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Kim" " Sung"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Peter" "Sutcliffe"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Swallow"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Michael" "Swango"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Dick" "Tongue"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fanny" "Tongue"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Rafael" "Trujillo"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "William" "Unek"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Volkert" "van der Graaf"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Theo" "van Gogh"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Fred" "West"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Frederic" "West"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Frederick" "West"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Mao" "Zedong"
    "BLOCKED_NAME" "Adi" "Zulkadry"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Gave in and bought this when i should be studying or doing something more productive!

Started a game with FC United, had a bad start couldn't get any sort of consistency and the players moaned a lot and the board didn't like me much. My last game in charge was a narrow loss where one of my players was sent off very early, cue board meeting i told them we were unlucky they disagreed and i said maybe it's best i leave and they agreed and spat in my face..or something like that. This was near enough the end of the first season about 10 games left.

I then took a job with hemel hempstead who were near the bottom of the league but had a good group of players, changed my formation to 4-5-1 with advanced wingers and started getting some form finished 12th.
    Trying to bring in new players for my second season and i am gambling on youth , getting a bunch of young lads released from higher divisions , i don't know how it's gonna work but i plan on working my way up the leagues through jobs, see how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Media getting bitchy about me signing so much Irish players for Lyon, eh lads tell me another way to win the Champions league without Towell, Long and O'Shea and Ill do it. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Can anyone confirm if League of Ireland clubs have an U17 team as well as an U19 team this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Can anyone confirm if League of Ireland clubs have an U17 team as well as an U19 team this year?

My Cork City save just had a 19s team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anybody having the problem that once the advance screen is supposed to end, it gets stuck there and I have to press ctr + s and then exit with the task manager. Absolutely ruining my game? Any possible solutions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anybody having the problem that once the advance screen is supposed to end, it gets stuck there and I have to press ctr + s and then exit with the task manager. Absolutely ruining my game? Any possible solutions

Yep happened me a few times. The screen isn't really there though, if you can find the options menu you just save and exit and restart it, the first time it happened me I closed it by the task manager too and lost a week, but apart from having to restart it there could be worse things wrong

This happen to anyone? sometimes if you tab out while on the loading screen in between dates, and go to your browser while its loading, then re-enter the game shortly after, the loading screen will still be up, but the game will be running in the background, like you can click stuff, but the loading bar is still displayed and you cant get rid of it, forcing you to close the game and restart?

Yep happened me a few times. The screen isn't really there though, if you can find the options menu you just save and exit and restart it, the first time it happened me I closed it by the task manager too and lost a week, but apart from having to restart it there could be worse things wrong
    This happen to anyone? sometimes if you tab out while on the loading screen in between dates, and go to your browser while its loading, then re-enter the game shortly after, the loading screen will still be up, but the game will be running in the background, like you can click stuff, but the loading bar is still displayed and you cant get rid of it, forcing you to close the game and restart?

Literally happens to me every 10 minutes, so much so that I just don't bother playing it anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Literally happens to me every 10 minutes, so much so that I just don't bother playing it anymore

Haven't had the problem myself, but windowed mode should help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

hots wrote: »
    Haven't had the problem myself, but windowed mode should help?

Always use windowed mode now and never have problems with it, especially as I switch between chrome and FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Finished my first season there, always start with Man Utd when I get these games. I bought Maicon for £3m, Barbosa for £7.5m & Laporte for £35.5m; sold Valencia for £12m. In October I got in a row with Maicon who was only meant to be backup & f**king Rooney sided with him. Darmian went on to play amazing because of my support while Rooney was awful & I had no choice but to play him due to injuries.

I sold Maicon in January for a loss & Rooney improved but we were too inconsistent away from home & finished 4th. I actually topped the home table, won 18 & lost 1 at Old Trafford but only won 5 away. Despite that I went into the penultimate game away to Sunderland still in with a chance of winning the league. Went 2-1 up in the 80th minute, 2-2 in the 82nd & 3-2 down in the 84th. So. Much. Rage!!

Even though I was well in the title race (had I held on against Sunderland I would have finished in 2nd, 2 points behind Arsenal) the media gave out about me & the board told me I need 12 points from 5 games so I assume they mean next season. I have Andre Carrillo joining on a free & £60m to spend so if I can't get a good start next year then I probably deserve to be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Colemania wrote: »
    Always use windowed mode now and never have problems with it, especially as I switch between chrome and FM.

Two monitors is the only way to go, that way you can play FM while you watch youtube videos about FM while you wonder why you are wasting your life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Playing as Southampton.

Top of my Europa League group with 4 wins out of 4.

Quarter finals of the Capitol One cup.

Bottom of the league

:mad::(

Shocked I've not been sacked yet :(

First night shift in about 6 months

Bring my laptop to have an FM binge as I'm in the office by myself

FORGOT MY ******* CHARGER

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHGGGHGHGHGHGHGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Started out with Real Sociedad and have got through 2 seasons since Friday. A 9th place finish to start followed by an improved 6th place finish where I only missed out on Champions League to Valencia (but Sevilla also pipped me to 5th in the end)

Big problem at non-CL clubs is always the fact that when you sign/create top players it's almost impossible to keep them, especially with the release clauses in Spain. Over my 2 seasons I've lost Vela and Illaramendi to PSG and Rulli to Juventus for a cumulative figure of about 85 million euro.

Star players for me have been Agirretxe (26 league goals in my 2nd season despite missing first month of season), Borja Valero (Fiorentina), Gonçalo Guedes (Benfica), Dudu (Palmeiras). In both seasons I've scored the 3rd most goals behind Barca/Real but had the highest goals conceded comfortably in the top half.

Probably a symptom of playing a LW Advanced Playmaker set to attack, a CAM Advanced Playmaker (in home games at least) set to Attack a RW Inside Forward set to Attack and a LB also set to Attack. I don't really mind though as its leading to the target man and inside forward both scoring bags of goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Update on my season

After 28 games in league with man utd i am 2nd 6 points behide Chelsea witch is not to bad considering i started off very bad and was very lucky to be winning matches.

In the euro cup i am in the last 16 going into the 2nd leg with PSG holding a 4 - 3 lead on me but i am playing at home so i should go trow as long as i get just one goal.

Player wise Harry Kane has turned into some player for me 32 games he has got 30 goals for me and at 42 mil or what ever i paid for him i think its money well spent.

Barbosa has been playing a right attacking midfielder for me and has been doing extremely well there in 30 games he 10 goals and his speed has made a huge difference to the team.

Memphis where do i get going on him shocking player for his 1st 10 games and i ended up dropping him now in the next 20 he has got 19 goals and his stats have went up crazy at 22 he is already 4 stars and the game said he can reach 5.

Axel Witsel for 15 mil turned out to be a bargain as he controls the midfield with Schweinsteiger / Schneiderlin.

Martial has also been very good for me he is mostly playing as a impact sub on the left or up front.

I have upgraded Vanja Milinkovic Savic to my sub keeper as in last years game he became my number 1 keeper in my 5th season at utd he if you train him right he becomes world class and he is like 6ft 8 as well.

I got a 31 year old Lavezzi coming in the summer on a 3 year contact for free he has a bit of age on him but he is going to be a huge upgrade on Young and his wages are lot cheaper as well.

Goals for the summer is to get rid of Young, Fellaini, Carrick, Valencia. I need a right back, A good young centre midfielder for cover, A proper number 10 as cover for Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

anyone had a go at creating a club? if so are ye enjoying it, how do ye find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anyone got any suggestions of quality players I could sign with a Championship side? Started out with Brighton and I'm currently struggling at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Hi all. Maybe someone here can help me I used to play a lot of fm years ago and looking to get back into it, will need to purchase a suitable laptop, could anyone advise on what might be a cheap one that will run fm. ideally a hybrid like the look of the asus transformer books but not sure fm will run on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Anyone got any suggestions of quality players I could sign with a Championship side? Started out with Brighton and I'm currently struggling at the moment.

I'm basing this on the end of my first season with United but Richie Towell was lauded as signing of the season for Bristol City in my game. They signed him on a free in January, he scored a few goals & had an average rating of 7.5 at the end of the season. Before leaving he helped Dundalk reach the Europa League group stage too, though they lost all 6 group games. I also sent Nick Powell on loan once he got back from injury & he seemed to do quite well in the Championship too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

One thing that every year annoys me about FM is that its always Messi who wins world player of the year.

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    One thing that every year annoys me about FM is that its always Messi who wins world player of the year.

Yeah it annoys me when it happens in real life too, so unrealistic....

Advertisement