Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah it annoys me when it happens in real life too, so unrealistic....
    But Messi is not the WPOTY? :confused:

I know what you mean, but in regards to the game you can score 60-70 goals across a top league, the CL and national cup with one player, including in all finals, winning everything, while he also plays great for his national team and possibly even wins something with them. But WPOTY is locked up between Messi and sometimes Neymar, regardless.

He has won it the 3 seasons I have played so far, hopefully it isn't as bad as last year where Messi or Neymar won the award probably 95% of the time across the whole first 8-10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah it annoys me when it happens in real life too, so unrealistic....

My point being, Ive gotten players to win champions league, League and World cup in same year and been top scorer in both and player of the tournament in both but still Messi wins it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

3.44am

Getting paid for this

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

lwYySzT.jpg

EDIT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

3.44am

Getting paid for this

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Yeah, what a disgrace. Youd think times had changed.

I mean, who even plays 4-4-2 anymore :P

• Advertisement

So its my second season with Lyon won the league in first season Lacazette is a god. In January he threw a huff cause I wouldnt let him join Juve so I accepted a 40 mill offer on the condition he leaves end of year, cause I think Ill be going to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Even though I was well in the title race (had I held on against Sunderland I would have finished in 2nd, 2 points behind Arsenal) the media gave out about me & the board told me I need 12 points from 5 games so I assume they mean next season. I have Andre Carrillo joining on a free & £60m to spend so if I can't get a good start next year then I probably deserve to be sacked.

Got sacked :o Fixture list for the first 5 games included away games to Chelsea & Spurs (3rd & 2nd last season) plus home games against Ipswich & Everton. Hammered Ipswich 4-0, lost to Chelsea 1-0 (we hit the post 3 times, Courtois man of the match), beat Everton 2-1 & drew 1-1 with Spurs. 12 points impossible to get so they got rid. That on its own would seem harsh to me, even with last season factored in, but we also lost the Champions League playoff against Marseille. Deservedly lost 2-0 at home; in the 2nd leg it was 1-1 at half time, team responded well to my half time team-talk and we went 3-1 up on the hour mark. I let them keep attacking for the next 10 minutes before trying to calm things down & see the game out. Immediately conceded & eventually drew 3-3. Honestly I think they should have sacked me on the plane home.

Not sure what to do now. My first save is never meant to be a long term game but it's never been such a disaster. Can't decide whether to rebuild my career at a lower half team/abroad (Sociedad just became available, do I dare follow David Moyes footsteps?), go the cheap route & create a new manager to see if I could have turned things around or just start my long term save earlier than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

3.44am

Getting paid for this

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Please tell me you don't work in the public sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Done and dusted with my 1st season. Ended up doing a lot better then what i was expecting :O. Ended up winning the PL and CL and lost in the FA cup with Man Utd no idea how i done it.

Won the title in the last game by 1 point LoL. Everton where in the running for the title all season ended up 1 point behide me. Every one of the top teams sacked there managers LoL.

Started the new season by selling Young, Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini ended up getting 55 mil pound for the 4 of them not great but wont say no.

Brought in Felipe Anderson, Will Hughes, Calum Chambers, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Arnaud Lusamba for 60 mil and i also signed Serge Aurier on Loan.

I tried to sign Bale but he wont sign for me at all offered Mata and 15 mil pounds for him but wont go into contact talks with me as he sees me as a drown grad :O.

The team is starting to get a lot of shape to it and theres a lot of very good players there and Kane and Memphis are world class players for me and score goals for fun.

Going to be fun watching the new players and how they link up with each other now in the 1st few games of the season.

So Summer 2016 and I've just been promoted

So far I've had FOUR takeovers collapse so the Italian **** is still in charge - gave me 10 million to spend and I've brought in the following

Emmanuel Mammana
    Predrag Rajkovic (looks to be top 3 wonderkid GK in entire game)
    Demarai Gray
    Zach Clough
    Sergio Diaz

Along with Cook, Mowatt, Byram, Taylor and a new 15 year old regen from the academy called Matthew Cook, this will probably be my youngest ever side - average age on first day of Prem season will be something like 20 :blink:

Torn now between sticking with my 4-4-2 formation which served me so well in the Championship or switching to a 4-5-1/4-3-3 as I'm worried playing 2 up top in Prem may result in some occasional annihilations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Hi all. Maybe someone here can help me I used to play a lot of fm years ago and looking to get back into it, will need to purchase a suitable laptop, could anyone advise on what might be a cheap one that will run fm. ideally a hybrid like the look of the asus transformer books but not sure fm will run on it

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Below are the minimum specs, but i would recommend looking for 8gb ram, a faster CPU, and a big hard drive. Once you have those boxes ticked, you should be grand.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/football-manager-2016/12833/?p=r

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Pter wrote: »
    Below are the minimum specs, but i would recommend looking for 8gb ram, a faster CPU, and a big hard drive. Once you have those boxes ticked, you should be grand.

thanks for that, il do a bit a research and hopefully treat myself for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've tried my own tactics, I've tried downloaded tactics and I can't get anything to work! They work for a few weeks and then it falls apart.

So Ive left Lyon for United and did a massive clear out, Rooney went back to everton :pac:
    De Gea to Madrid
    Brought in Gareth Bale & Eriksen, United have so much dead wood and they have signed 4 rbs :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Might buy this tomorrow as i finish work at 4.30pm and i am off Monday. Im loving my 2015 save with Corinthians though.

Any where see it at a reasonable price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Might buy this tomorrow as i finish work at 4.30pm and i am off Monday. Im loving my 2015 save with Corinthians though.

Any where see it at a reasonable price?

Cd keys seems decent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

got the new game over the weekend but im one of these weirdos who cant play until i have all the kits, graphics sorted etc. i know what to do for those but for the life of me i dont know how to correct some team names- can someone please pm me with instructions on this- thanks

got the new game over the weekend but im one of these weirdos who cant play until i have all the kits, graphics sorted etc. i know what to do for those but for the life of me i dont know how to correct some team names- can someone please pm me with instructions on this- thanks

What do you mean correct team names ?

threein99 wrote: »
    What do you mean correct team names ?

German teams mostly innit?

Arn't Schalke down as 'Gelsinkherkin'?

• Advertisement

German teams mostly innit?

Arn't Schalke down as 'Gelsinkherkin'?

That's an easy enough fix, use this link here and follow the steps http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/18949/fm2016-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-v10-for-fm16-13112015

Its gives the proper competition names too

Just signed Donis Avdijaj for 15 million on my Leeds save

Anyone else had him? He decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Just signed Donis Avdijaj for 15 million on my Leeds save

Anyone else had him? He decent?

Had him last year, developed well and was stolen by one of the bigger fish iirc. Way too good for Leeds though so nice pickup!

hots wrote: »
    Had him last year, developed well and was stolen by one of the bigger fish iirc. Way too good for Leeds though so nice pickup!

:D

hots wrote: »

Who ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The best I had was that Bale turned down my man utd team saying it was a huge step down going there. So PL and CL double is a step down fair enough lol.

But the problem I am facing this season is the fact my goals have dryed up big time compare to last season. To make it worse I have added quite a few attacking players to the team.

But every time I am playing borrbosa I get told he needs to take a break from playing matches :/ but is match fit so no idea what is going on there has anyone ever had that problem ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yeah - look at how many breaks he has had over the last 2 years or so. If he has been playing week in week out for you and his country, he will be fatigued, despite being match fit.

Think that update came in to reflect what happened with the likes of Sterling, where Brendan Rogers gave him a 2 week break last season despite him not being injured/stirring sh!t for a contract etc.

Pter wrote: »
    Yeah - look at how many breaks he has had over the last 2 years or so. If he has been playing week in week out for you and his country, he will be fatigued, despite being match fit.

Think that update came in to reflect what happened with the likes of Sterling, where Brendan Rogers gave him a 2 week break last season despite him not being injured/stirring sh!t for a contract etc.

How do you do that ?

threein99 wrote: »
    Who ?

Leeds United

• Advertisement

Leeds United

Never heard of them are they a club you created yourself ? ;)

Advertisement