Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

threein99 wrote: »
    How do you do that ?

Well if he is your player, you will know if you have been playing him or not for your club.

If you arent 100% sure on how much he has been playing, look at his stats history for the last few seasons (inside his player profile) to give you an overview of games played etc.

Then look at his international teams games (of which there arent too many) to see where else he has been playing.

Finally, you can look at his injury record to see if he had any breaks due to injuries, or has been playing straight through.

It takes a little bit of work to figure it out, and there could be other reasons, but it has happened to my '1st on the teamsheet' players when they havent got a decent break for a while, and looking through the above indicates the issue for me for all of those tired players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

got the new game over the weekend but im one of these weirdos who cant play until i have all the kits, graphics sorted etc. i know what to do for those but for the life of me i dont know how to correct some team names- can someone please pm me with instructions on this- thanks

Haha I can understand this, back in the day I found who was my favorite player ever in FM(since overtaken by Jimmy Roye my Paris fc star and Alexandre Coeff star of my lens save, I still sign them to this day :D:o) but the guy I loved was Lucas, till I downloaded the face packs and realised he was a white guy :eek:, in my head I had him built as the new Emerson and then he did that to me :mad:, so sold him to Real Madrid just to teach him a lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

threein99 wrote: »
    That's an easy enough fix, use this link here and follow the steps http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/18949/fm2016-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-v10-for-fm16-13112015

Its gives the proper competition names too

thanks for this.. looks to be sorted now.. now just to install the kits and logos.. and possibly stadium packs.. finding relaible links proving a pain in the ball5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

thanks for this.. looks to be sorted now.. now just to install the kits and logos.. and possibly stadium packs.. finding relaible links proving a pain in the ball5

You will find all of them on that website

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Lads its saying Donis Avdijaj is ineligible as he has already played competitive games for 2 clubs this season.

I'm in January

Does that mean I cant play him til next season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Lads its saying Donis Avdijaj is ineligible as he has already played competitive games for 2 clubs this season.

I'm in January

Does that mean I cant play him til next season?

thats exactly what it means

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

thats exactly what it means

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi All, looking for a bit of advice if possible and apologies if its not really the right place. Hoping to buy a new laptop that will run FM for the next few years and not really techy at all.

Have seen the below laptop for 569 eur, would this be suitable for what I want?

Specs
    • Windows 10 (pre-installed)
    • Intel® Core™ i5-4210U Processor
    • Memory: 8 GB
    • Storage: 2 TB
    • Up to 8 hours battery life

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/hp-15ac152sa-156-laptop-silver/329318/396.0.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Hi All, looking for a bit of advice if possible and apologies if its not really the right place. Hoping to buy a new laptop that will run FM for the next few years and not really techy at all.

Have seen the below laptop for 569 eur, would this be suitable for what I want?

Specs
    • Windows 10 (pre-installed)
    • Intel® Core™ i5-4210U Processor
    • Memory: 8 GB
    • Storage: 2 TB
    • Up to 8 hours battery life

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/hp-15ac152sa-156-laptop-silver/329318/396.0.0

Had a look there the screen res is a bit crap on it 1366 x 768 that is really bad my 1st laptop back in 2008 :eek: had the same res on the screen. I would try and see can you get a proper full HD screen otherwise things could be very bleary.

It dosint have a proper GPU just a Intel 4400 is a 2 year old GPU at this stage i say everything will have to put on low and it will lag a little bit.

Ram and CPU are perfect.

One thing i would change is the 2TB HD and put a SSD drive in it as you will load up football Manager in less then 20 secs with one of them. On my mac it takes 15 secs to be back into my game save from loading up the game. Its one of the best upgrades you need.

I would try and get a laptop with full HD, SSD, A newer GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Any cheap official downloads available? Where is cheapest to buy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Thought this should be of interest to some people, could help with that slower computer also - http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm-speeder.html

You just open it after you have opened FM and set it to 6x (it says it can do 50x but I haven't noticed any difference between that and 6x). Basically it makes the game go six times faster, which is great for if you are running multiple leagues, a large database for those two week international breaks as well as parts of the summer if you're not doing any transfers. I've a database of 130,000 for example and can get past an international break in 2-3 minutes on it if I select 'go on holiday'. It's an absolutely brilliant little thing! Been using v it so centre the last one too, don't worry as it has no effect on your computer or anything otherwise, just FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Can't the stadium background packs working, anyone had any trouble with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Has anyone tried the fantasy draft part of the game?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A sugar daddy just bought Villa at the end of the first season in my current game :O Reports they have a 200m transfer budget....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sacked by United by end of the first season :(

Ah well. Newcastle were relegated and looking for a new manager, so thought why not. Entire first team wanted out, which suited. Sold them all, replaced them with a team of kids. Managed to bring in Nick Powell, Loftus-Cheek and a few others. Got Begovic to come down a division, had to sign Johnathan Walters the Legend :P Built an entirely new squad with about 25m. Actually enjoying it now, building the team from scratch and looking to reestablish them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Started a save with Southampton. After an awful start, I finished 6th. Managed to find two tactics that work quite well with them. Not sure if they would work for the lower leagues but I'll give it a go sometime over Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just finished my revamp of the League of Ireland

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=565372872

5 tiers and with a whole u21 and u18 structure

Billy86 wrote: »
    Thought this should be of interest to some people, could help with that slower computer also - http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm-speeder.html

You just open it after you have opened FM and set it to 6x (it says it can do 50x but I haven't noticed any difference between that and 6x). Basically it makes the game go six times faster, which is great for if you are running multiple leagues, a large database for those two week international breaks as well as parts of the summer if you're not doing any transfers. I've a database of 130,000 for example and can get past an international break in 2-3 minutes on it if I select 'go on holiday'. It's an absolutely brilliant little thing! Been using v it so centre the last one too, don't worry as it has no effect on your computer or anything otherwise, just FM.

how does this work

how does this work

You just download it, run it after you open FM and hit '6x' - that simple. Don't know the ins and the ours as to why, but it's a serious timesaver.

Just finished my revamp of the League of Ireland

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=565372872

5 tiers and with a whole u21 and u18 structure

Feedback on this would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Feedback on this would be greatly appreciated

I'll definitely try it out, haven't been able to get into any fm 16 save at all yet with college committments so could be over Christmas before I start one up :) Would've been nice to have last season, had a great Dundalk save.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'll definitely try it out, haven't been able to get into any fm 16 save at all yet with college committments so could be over Christmas before I start one up :) Would've been nice to have last season, had a great Dundalk save.

I had the same re structure for FM 15, but took me months to do it, and get it uploaded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Billy86 wrote: »
    You just download it, run it after you open FM and hit '6x' - that simple. Don't know the ins and the ours as to why, but it's a serious timesaver.

I cant get it to work. Just says cant open application everytime and the game is on each time.

Also on a players ability rating what do the black stars mean?

I cant get it to work. Just says cant open application everytime and the game is on each time.

My understanding is that in the perfect conditions, that's the potential the player could reach.

Thats weird, it's really straight forward on my laptop and has never given me any issue. You might need to grant permission for your computer to run it? Or try putting 'Fm speeder' into google and downloading from somewhere else.

The black is kind of unknown I think, so if you get a guy with half a gold star but fills the whole way up to 5 stars with black, he could be unreal or utter sh*te. I try to look for at least 3.5 stars in gold, I think it becomes a bit clearer when you scout the player closer/for longer.

couple of things: ive been hearing about Football Manager Touch and this is the same as classic mode? correct? Is this separate to Football Manager (the full game which I just bought) I'd like to load a more simplified version of the game like Im used to. Finally if you can change to classic within Preferences or wherever can someone tell me how to activate that? Thanks, haven't played for a few years so finding my feet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Last season the preview had my odds to finish mid table but had a great year and finished third.

This year the season preview had me favourite to win the league and I'm getting beaten from pillar to post, hovering around the relegation zone. Ah football manager, as frustrating as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

couple of things: ive been hearing about Football Manager Touch and this is the same as classic mode? correct? Is this separate to Football Manager (the full game which I just bought) I'd like to load a more simplified version of the game like Im used to. Finally if you can change to classic within Preferences or wherever can someone tell me how to activate that? Thanks, haven't played for a few years so finding my feet again

Yeah fm touch is the simplified version of the game. It is part of the full game ,you just install as normal load up and when choosing a new game FM touch is one of the options. Simples

Yeah fm touch is the simplified version of the game. It is part of the full game ,you just install as normal load up and when choosing a new game FM touch is one of the options. Simples

Ok cheers. I wanted to play in the J League which I downloaded but cant seem to be able to load up downloaded leagues within a touch game. And is there way of simplifying tactice like in previous versions of the game. personally I find the level of detail a bit overkill

• Advertisement

Two games in a row my goalkeeper hit the ball off an incoming opposition player to give away a goal.

Advertisement