Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Registration/Activation

Options
  • 28-10-2015 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I was trying to register/activate my MaterCard for 3D during a TicketMaster puchase. However, I was being requested to enter my confidential information on a TicketMaster page (albeit with Mastercard and BoI logos). This feels very insecure (indeed, TicketMaster referred to the option of using a separate non-TicketMaster page - without, unfortunately, specifying how this could be done).

I've seen sites which open a new page for entering Verified by Visa details using a Verified by Visa website. Is there a way of directly accessing such a 3D page? Alternatively are you aware of a site which uses an external 3D registration page and where I could make a purchase of a few euros?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

redmondb wrote: »
    Hi,

I was trying to register/activate my MaterCard for 3D during a TicketMaster puchase. However, I was being requested to enter my confidential information on a TicketMaster page (albeit with Mastercard and BoI logos). This feels very insecure (indeed, TicketMaster referred to the option of using a separate non-TicketMaster page - without, unfortunately, specifying how this could be done).

I've seen sites which open a new page for entering Verified by Visa details using a Verified by Visa website. Is there a way of directly accessing such a 3D page? Alternatively are you aware of a site which uses an external 3D registration page and where I could make a purchase of a few euros?

Many Thanks.

Hi redmondb,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

The first time you use your Bank of Ireland Mastercard on a website participating in 3D Secure you will be prompted to set up your password. Here you are redirected to Bank of Ireland Mastercard 3D Secure page.

At Bank of Ireland we want to make sure your internet purchase is as secure as possible. 3D works by using a password that you create as a unique online identifier.

If you’d like to have a look at this link here it will provide you with additional information on protecting yourself online.

I hope this helps you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Have a good day.

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭redmondb

Thanks, Helen.

Yes, I'm comfortable with all of that. My issue is that I'm not being "redirected to Bank of Ireland Mastercard 3D Secure page". Instead I am still on a TicketMaster page - and being asked for confidential information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Thanks, Helen.

Yes, I'm comfortable with all of that. My issue is that I'm not being "redirected to Bank of Ireland Mastercard 3D Secure page". Instead I am still on a TicketMaster page - and being asked for confidential information.
    Hi redmondb,

If you feel you are not being directed to the Bank of Ireland 3D Secure website I would advise you to contact Ticketmaster directly to see why they are looking for your personal information. I have done a quick check on their website and I was redirected to the 3D Secure page.

Apologies we cannot be of further assistance to you in this matter as this is happening on an external website it would be best to get Ticketmaster to investigate this. If there is anything else we can help you with at all please let us know.

Thanks

Helen

Helen,

Thanks for going the extra mile and trying out TicketMaster yourself! 

I'm sorry that I didn't made things clear about the ownership of the page. If you had looked at the address bar, the address that you would (almost certainly!) have seen was a TicketMaster.ie one. The 3D Secure information is in a separate frame within that page which, hopefully!, links to MasterCard.

In any event, my original request still stands - I am just looking for for a page whose address is a Bank of Ireland/Mastercard/Arcot one, so that I can safely enter my confidential information to register my card.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Helen,

Thanks for going the extra mile and trying out TicketMaster yourself! 

I'm sorry that I didn't made things clear about the ownership of the page. If you had looked at the address bar, the address that you would (almost certainly!) have seen was a TicketMaster.ie one. The 3D Secure information is in a separate frame within that page which, hopefully!, links to MasterCard.

In any event, my original request still stands - I am just looking for for a page whose address is a Bank of Ireland/Mastercard/Arcot one, so that I can safely enter my confidential information to register my card.

Thanks!
    Hi redmondb, 

Thanks for your reply. 

There is no direct link to register your card for 3D Secure. You will need to register it when you purchase something online with a retailer who is partipating with 3D Secure. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Thanks, Sarah.

That's disappointing. From checking out MasterCard's own site, at least two of the Irish banks do provide direct links for registration. And this appears to be best practice elsewhere.

Please pass on this feedback as direct links would provide significantly better security for your customers. 

A final thank you to yourself and Helen for your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi redmondb, 

We'd like to thank you for feedback here today and we'll certainly pass on your comments to our Card Services Team. 

Enjoy your weekend and if we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement