Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglar alarm dialler

Options
  • 28-10-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I want to disconnect my landline and use mobile broadband for Internet access and a mobile phone for calls.

The burglar alarm system has an automatic dialler, activated when the alarm is triggered, which calls a preset list of numbers in rotation until it's acknowledged.

Can the dialler be changed to a mobile sim one or similar? If so, how would it work and how much would it likely cost?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can fit a generic GSM voice or text dialler to any system with a bell output.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Thanks KoolKid - what would the cost be for each type?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would vary a lot from €70-€80 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Just had a quote from a local company: Text GSM €330 / Voice GSM €430

It's not going to be viable at these prices. Do you know a company who would supply & fit for the figure you mentioned KoolKid?

The price I quoted is for a basic generic unit only.
    You would pay more than that for supply and installation.
    The prices you are listing may be manufacturer specific. They are more expensive and have more functions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement