Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing phone number, HKC Securewatch

Options
  • 28-10-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi folks, I have a Securewatch system at home, previously monitored by Eircom Phone Watch. I have the engr. code so is it possible for me to alter the setup easily and have the system call my phone and/or another phone on activation?

Thanks for any info....

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I PMed you the manual for it .You can change the central station numbers and change FTC and redials to one or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Rein-in

KoolKid wrote: »
    I PMed you the manual for it .You can change the central station numbers and change FTC and redials to one or 2.

Thanks KoolKid, I'll have a check through that.

Was there something recently along the lines that phone monitored alarms wouldn't work any more on current phone lines? Do you think that I need to change out some of the hardware or is it simply a case of changing the numbers as you said?

Can I then text the system to arm/disarm too? Or does that need a SIM module. And if it does, where do I get one of those?

Sorry for the questions!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That is just a quick fix.
    You will need a HKC GSM to give you remote control and information on activations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Rein-in wrote: »
    Thanks KoolKid, I'll have a check through that.

Was there something recently along the lines that phone monitored alarms wouldn't work any more on current phone lines? Do you think that I need to change out some of the hardware or is it simply a case of changing the numbers as you said?

Can I then text the system to arm/disarm too? Or does that need a SIM module. And if it does, where do I get one of those?

Sorry for the questions!

The GSM-P which was used with the older 8/12 is no longer available.
    Arm/disarm can be set up using a different GSM and a zone on the panel. For alarm activation's you would just receive a standard text saying alarm activation at your address.

Advertisement