Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People that you like but wish the masses did too.

• 28-10-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Be as obscure and/or local as you like.

For me I like comedian demeteri martin. One of the inspirations for jimmy Carr. Decent jokes with music and without and snappy one liners.

E.g

I'm a man of my word and that word is 'unreliable'. 😀

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My mate Chris, swell guy but the chicks doesn't seem to dig him.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Joey Jo-Jo Junior

Me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Dylan Hartley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Trotsky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Katie Hopkins.

She means well and is just misunderstood....

and I bet she'd be a great ride!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Katie Hopkins.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

Trotsky

Eugh.

Flann O'Brien and Con Houlihan are two extraordinary Irish writers that never received the attention they deserved when alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Katie Hopkins.

Arent you in with a better chance though if everyone else hates her?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Bono.

I just think he is a decent skin. I always have. Eccentric yes but with good cause. And I have never been to a U2 concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Roy Keane

Justs wants the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Katie Hopkins.

You are either the bravest or most foolish person alive if you'd take up that challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

People are stupid. Masses are morons.

We have different tastes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The Pope

Im trying to gather up the courage to say Jeremy Clarkson but Im afraid of ye..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

People are stupid. Masses are morons.

Is there anything to be said for another masses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Don't need the masses to validate, who to like or dislike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭play it again

Hitler wasn't the worst I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Edmund Burke.

Brendan o Connor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Katie Hopkins.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Stay away from the whiskey man ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 brianpierce

For me, it would have to be Nigel Farage. I thought he was really impressive on The Late Late Show recently. I know he's a controversial figure, but I think the British media have been picking on him. Without getting into the politics, the main thing I like about him anyway is his down-to-earth attitude and everyman image. I think that the image reflects who he really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Vladimir Putin, you won't see him making the mistake of bombing any hospitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Bressie. I know he's hated by most here but he's actually a really nice guy. Hung out with him and a few of his friends at a random pub for a whole night. Really cool guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bono.

I just think he is a decent skin. I always have. Eccentric yes but with good cause. And I have never been to a U2 concert.
    Think the OP is going for more unknowns. But bono is a prime example of what happens and why I would not wish people I like to be liked by "the masses" as they will also inevitably be hated by "the masses" too. Does the OP really want to wish that on stuff he likes.

2 best selling ketchups are probably heinz and chef, you see ridiculous threads with OTT stated hatred for one or the other, same with beer, or boybands or anything. "budwwiser/heineken is the worst piss I ever tasted" -so you have either tried fuck all beers or are just trolling trying to piss off people as you know its popular, do everyone a favour and fuck off, heard it all before, think up something original you prize cunt.
    Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Bressie. I know he's hated by most here but he's actually a really nice guy. Hung out with him and a few of his friends at a random pub for a whole night. Really cool guy.
    I thought he was perceived of as sound enough, but perhaps he has gotten too mainstream and so fallen victim of what I am talking about.

e.g. I like the Kinks, if they were more popular I would be sick of hearing how they are ****e or not particularly good, you never really hear it said of them, like you do about the Beatles or the Stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

rubadub wrote: »
    I like the Kinks, if they were more popular I would be sick of hearing how they are ****e or not particularly good, you never really hear it said of them, like you do about the Beatles or the Stones.
    Spot on sir :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I thought he was perceived of as sound enough, but perhaps he has gotten too mainstream and so fallen victim of what I am talking about.

e.g. I like the Kinks, if they were more popular I would be sick of hearing how they are ****e or not particularly good, you never really hear it said of them, like you do about the Beatles or the Stones.

The whole Voice of Ireland thing did him no favours I'd say as them sort of shows aren't generally liked by people on internet fora. I have also noticed some people turning their nose up to him over the whole anxiety/suicide speeches and things he does...typical Irish begrudgery is at play there I'd say though.

Also the fact he's a good looking bloke with a belter of a girlfriend might have some part to play also :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Aongus Von Bismark

Not so much "like" as "feel sorry for"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Elliott Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Piers Morgan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Larry Murphy, probably didn't murder all that many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Nirvana drummers other than Dave Grohl.

Nirvana were a proper band touring US/Europe, record deal in the bag, album out, were hot stuff in the indie/underground scene and had loads of fans and admirers...long before Grohl joined.

I love what he did for Nirvana - really got them sounding super pro, but they were great before he joined too. In fact most of my favourite Nirvana stuff is from before his time.

Recently Nirvana were inducted into the Rock 'n Roll hall of fame...invited Grohl, ignored the rest of the drummers.

Fckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Kelvin Mckenzie.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

George Bush, has lots of guts, a real decision maker. Margaret Thatcher, took no **** from the street protesting scum and was the right woman to deal with the ira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Joe prim wrote: »
    Larry Murphy, probably didn't murder all that many people.

You're probably thinking of Larry Gogan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

toptom wrote: »
    George Bush, has lots of guts, a real decision maker. Margaret Thatcher, took no **** from the street protesting scum and was the right woman to deal with the ira.

Are you sure?
    On that basis you could stick Pol Pot and Isabella the 1st of Castille at the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

toptom wrote: »
    Might be on your own there Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

For me, it would have to be Nigel Farage. I thought he was really impressive on The Late Late Show recently. I know he's a controversial figure, but I think the British media have been picking on him. Without getting into the politics, the main thing I like about him anyway is his down-to-earth attitude and everyman image. I think that the image reflects who he really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

A number of those mentioned are liked by the masses, while simultaneously disliked by many. Are people maybe misinterpreting the thread title as "Unpopular people whom you like"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Edmund Burke.
    Although that bloody quote about good men doing nothing for evil to flourish (i.e. blaming people who aren't directly responsible) is popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

KungPao wrote: »
    Nirvana drummers other than Dave Grohl.

Nirvana were a proper band touring US/Europe, record deal in the bag, album out, were hot stuff in the indie/underground scene and had loads of fans and admirers...long before Grohl joined.

I love what he did for Nirvana - really got them sounding super pro, but they were great before he joined too. In fact most of my favourite Nirvana stuff is from before his time.

Recently Nirvana were inducted into the Rock 'n Roll hall of fame...invited Grohl, ignored the rest of the drummers.

Fckers!

I prefered grohl when he was in the band scream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Think the OP is going for more unknowns. But bono is a prime example of what happens and why I would not wish people I like to be liked by "the masses" as they will also inevitably be hated by "the masses" too. Does the OP really want to wish that on stuff he likes.

2 best selling ketchups are probably heinz and chef, you see ridiculous threads with OTT stated hatred for one or the other, same with beer, or boybands or anything. "budwwiser/heineken is the worst piss I ever tasted" -so you have either tried fuck all beers or are just trolling trying to piss off people as you know its popular, do everyone a favour and fuck off, heard it all before, think up something original you prize cunt.

I appreciate what The Beatles did to music but I prefer The Kinks. I think The Stones are better than both though...

One person I feel should be recognised more is George Boole who is, in essence, one of the greatest contributers to computers and technology the world has ever seen. And he was Irish so that's a plus. Seriously though, ye should read this http://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/george-boole-generous-genius-1.2332455 Many claim he's one of the greatest geniuses ever but whether you agree or not, there's no doubting how influencial he's been.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Vladimir Putin, you won't see him making the mistake of bombing any hospitals.

I appreciate that, but outside of countries controlled by the Murdoch media and its well oiled media spin & propaganda machinations. You'll find that I'm actually a pretty popular guy and rightly so imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Bin laden had a kind almost Jesus like face imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭doulikeit

Putin wrote:
    I appreciate that, but outside of countries controlled by the Murdoch media and its well oiled media spin & propaganda machinations. You'll find that I'm actually a pretty popular guy and rightly so imo.

I take it your not a gay Syrian refugee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Bin laden had a kind almost Jesus like face imo.

Did you like bin Laden and wish others did too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Did you like bin Laden and wish others did too?

Not really, I gauge people on their faces and thought he looked a bit harmless tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mick McCarthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

efb wrote: »
    Mick McCarthy

the further you go from Cork, the more and more people you find like and appreciate Mick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The schole record label

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Not really, I gauge people on their faces and thought he looked a bit harmless tbh.

You should gauge people some other way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement