Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring 2016

Options
  • 28-10-2015 9:32pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Black Sabbath, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Volbeat top the first names for next summer's Rock Am Ring in Germany which moves from the Nürburgring to a new home Mendig Airfield.

The 31st edition of the festival and its festival twin Rock im Park in Nuremberg will take place over 3 days from Friday 2nd to Sunday 5th June 2016 and will also host Bring Me The Horizon, Bullet For My Valentine, Deftones, Biffy Clyro, Korn, Alligatoah, Amon Amarth, Architects, August Burns Red, Beach Slang, Billy Talent, Disturbed, Fettes Brot, Frittenbude, Heaven Shall Burn, Heisskalt, Issues, Johnossi, Lexy & K-Paul, Major Lazer, Milliarden, Of Mice & Men, Rudimental, SDP, TesseracT, The 1975, The Amity Affliction, and Trivium.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Volbeat, Deftones and Biffy...hoping a few of them make it to Ireland next summer. that there will be new Biffy material is sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Lightning strikes hurt dozens in Germany rock festival

At least 51 people were injured, eight seriously, when lightning struck at a rock festival in western Germany early on Saturday, police say.
    Organisers of the Rock am Ring festival, which is headlined by Red Hot Chili Peppers, said lightning hit at 00:30 local time (22:30 GMT).
    The event has now been suspended because of weather concerns.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36451614

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Scary stuff altogether fair play to the organisers cancelling the rest of the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Scary stuff altogether fair play to the organisers cancelling the rest of the festival

It wasn't the organisers who cancelled it, apparently they were more than happy for it to continue, the local authority pulled the license for the event due to the injuries, fair play to them i say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'd like to see System but they've gotten plenty of mixed reviews particularly at fests over the years there'll likely be GNR here but this is a pretty poor opening announcement from the popular German fest...very poor

14556554_10154695602614880_6628745909678868981_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Tomorrow morning I will try to secure tickets for SOAD gig in Prague.

SOAD was forced to stop playing on a festival in Montreal because crowd went out of control in mosh pit.

Advertisement