Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Warranty

• 28-10-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have just spoken to Apple about warranty on my iPhone.

Briefly:

Phone purchased in December 2014 - 1 Year warranty to December 2015
    Issue with LCD in May 2015, phone replaced.

Issue again with crescent camera / lcd acting up again.

On to apple, replacement one being sent out.

Now here's where it gets strange for me. IF I have a legitimate problem with the 2nd replacement phone - I have no warranty. See below for snippet from chat:

"The one year warranty period is from the original purchase date of the device. If it was replaced the warranty is not extended, it still maintains the date from the original purchase of the phone regardless of it was replaced."

I think this is madness, is this correct for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Nah you still have consumer rights, Apple aren't that bad, have another fault and they will likely upgrade you to the latest version/better version. Just make sure you register that you have no confidence in the product now. that way if another fault occurs they will likely replace with new :)

They will likely reiterate above anyway when you air your concerns
    Rgb.ie wrote: »

Briefly:

Now here's where it gets strange for me. IF I have a legitimate problem with the 2nd replacement phone - I have no warranty. See below for snippet from chat:

"The one year warranty period is from the original purchase date of the device. If it was replaced the warranty is not extended, it still maintains the date from the original purchase of the phone regardless of it was replaced."

Oh and replacements usually come with 90 days warranty or the remainder of your warranty whichever is longer. That is if they are replacing, they may just be repairing your existing phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Nah you still have consumer rights, Apple aren't that bad, have another fault and they will likely upgrade you to the latest version/better version. Just make sure you register that you have no confidence in the product now. that way if another fault occurs they will likely replace with new :)

They will likely reiterate above anyway when you air your concerns

I have expressed my lack of faith in their product just there .. quite bizarre.

The guy ( or girl ) is adamant that I will not get the phone replaced / fixed free of charge ..

Edit - see below ..

apple-warranty-1-year.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Briefly:

When they repair or replace your phone you get 90 days or the original warranty date, whichever is longest. Where did you originally buy the phone? If it was direct with Apple you can tell them you want it repaired under your consumer rights. If you got it from a network or any other shop you need to follow it up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

guil wrote: »
    When they repair or replace your phone you get 90 days or the original warranty date, whichever is longest. Where did you originally buy the phone? If it was direct with Apple you can tell them you want it repaired under your consumer rights. If you got it from a network or any other shop you need to follow it up with them.

Got it from eMobile business .. warranty is up on 3rd of December, regardless of replacement etc

• Advertisement

There is the problem, Consumer law is different to business law., oh and your contract is with eMobile not apple. 😬
    Got it from eMobile business .. warranty is up on 3rd of December, regardless of replacement etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/uk-ireland-universal-warranty.html Scroll down to the part where it says about replacements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Did you honestly think that your device replaced under warranty in May 2015 would come with a 1 year warranty until May 2016?

Your contract of sale is with eMobile, not Apple.

Advertisement