Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time teaching PLC

• 29-10-2015 1:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi there,

This is my first ever time teaching PLC and I'm feeling very overwhelmed by it - the paperwork particularly. I'm teaching one module on intercultural studies. I have a quick question in the module descriptor it says 40% learner record so 4 learner records at 10%each and project is 60%.

My question is can I change this - could I make it 3 learner records at 10% each and project 70%?

Also has anyone taught this module before I would be very willing to swap and share resources!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭newholland

Hi there,

This is my first ever time teaching PLC and I'm feeling very overwhelmed by it - the paperwork particularly. I'm teaching one module on intercultural studies. I have a quick question in the module descriptor it says 40% learner record so 4 learner records at 10%each and project is 60%.

My question is can I change this - could I make it 3 learner records at 10% each and project 70%?

Also has anyone taught this module before I would be very willing to swap and share resources!

You cannot change the assessment %'s in module descriptor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Hi there,

No, you can't change it. You have to stick to the module descriptor.

I've never taught this module, but all I can advise is to keep records of EVERYTHING. Get your students to sign sign-in sheets every time they hand up an assignment, and when you give them feedback. State clearly on every brief what the hand in date is, and also make out a timetblae of assessment hand in dates so you can prove the students knew when assignments were due.

Also, don't take an assignment without a brief attached, and make sure the brief is signed and dated by the student, with a statement that it is their own work, and that they have kept a copy (in case anything happens the copy they give you)

And be very strict about deadlines. Find out about the policy in your college, and follow it to the letter.

The paperwork is overwhelming, but if you spend a bit of time getting it in order at this stage, you will find it a lot easier at the end of the year.

At least it's only one class...I have to do this for thirteen different classes...

Advertisement