Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adapter for Apple products. Need to charge phone!

• 29-10-2015 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Just arrived in Cork city from Canada. What would be the best place to find a power supply adapter for my phone/laptop? Used or new.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Zefff wrote: »
    Just arrived in Cork city from Canada. What would be the best place to find a power supply adapter for my phone/laptop? Used or new.

Any electronic store should one. You should have no difficulty getting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Phone will be easy. Any euro shop, such as DealZ/Euro City will sell cheap cables/adapters, but you might be better off getting decent ones in the likes of Currys/any phone shop like 3/Meteor/Eir/Vodafone. In terms of charger, you can go into CompuB on Patrick St (if I recall) but if you just need a 2 to 3 pin adapter, you can get those in most electrical shops and I do think the likes of Boots Pharmacy and Dunnes Stores sell them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

chrislad wrote: »
    Phone will be easy. Any euro shop, such as DealZ/Euro City will sell cheap cables/adapters, but you might be better off getting decent ones in the likes of Currys/any phone shop like 3/Meteor/Eir/Vodafone. In terms of charger, you can go into CompuB on Patrick St (if I recall) but if you just need a 2 to 3 pin adapter, you can get those in most electrical shops and I do think the likes of Boots Pharmacy and Dunnes Stores sell them too.
    Just a socket adapter will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

carrotcake wrote: »
    Just a socket adapter will do.

+1 if they're all Apple products then they will be multivoltage so a travel adapter is all the OP needs, available almost everywhere.

$_35.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

For an apple plug go to compu b in opera lane/ Patrick street. They are an apple premium reseller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Welcome, enjoy your stay!

Irish voltage is 230v AC, 50Hz, so if the ratings on your Apple stuff fall within those ranges (100% chance unless it's museum-age stuff), you just need an adaptor to change the shape of the plug, like the one coylemj has posted above.

Advertisement