Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPRN number for electricity - no old bill. How can I find it?

Options
  • 29-10-2015 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey all.

So here is the issue.
    I am moving in to an apartment next week. My landlord is in England, I can't get hold of him.
    The apartment has no electricity and I don't have any old bill to find the MPRN number for getting electricity supplied to the property.

How can I find this MPRN number if I only have the address?
    Should I ring ESB?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

szita2000 wrote: »
    Hey all.

So here is the issue.
    I am moving in to an apartment next week. My landlord is in England, I can't get hold of him.
    The apartment has no electricity and I don't have any old bill to find the MPRN number for getting electricity supplied to the property.

How can I find this MPRN number if I only have the address?
    Should I ring ESB?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Is the apartment being let by an agent? while it's your responsibility to put the bills in your name it's not your responsibility to have utilities connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭szita2000

Hi.
    No it is private.
    We spoke to our supplier (electric Ireland) and they said that they have no problem supplying us, but we need the "Meter Point Reference Number".

I think I will give a ring to ESB as there is an ESB number on the meter.
    With that and the Address they should be able to tell us the MPRN number.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The BER cert, which they are legally required to have, will have it.

ESB Networks can usually extract it from the meter number but not always - mine was too old to have the right numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

ESB Networks might give you the MPRN if you have access to the meter note the meter number on it as a double check and you should have the address. Also get a meter read and note the date and time it was taken as this will be your starting point. You don't want to be paying for any arrears.

Then contact your preferred supplier with this data and you should be reconnected.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Call the MSRO on 1850 200406 with the serial number from the meter adn they will get it.

Is there a requirement to give a copy of the BER to a renter, or is there just a requirement to have one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ted1 wrote: »
    Call the MSRO on 1850 200406 with the serial number from the meter adn they will get it.

Is there a requirement to give a copy of the BER to a renter, or is there just a requirement to have one?

Have if asked and provide number for it in ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭szita2000

Hi guys. update.

I rang ESB and within 30 seconds they gave me the MPRN.

All they asked is the serial number of the meter and the address.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement