Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odds

• 29-10-2015 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I placed a bet using a coupon. The odds were 4/1 on coupon. Coupon scanned and odds of 4/1 was on the receipt. No mention of price change from cashier or on the coupon.

I went to collect winnings and they said it was 3/1 at the time of bet. They won't pay out at correct odds. This must be incorrect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

@4 is the same as 3/1

You sure about he 4/1 on the coupon and not @4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

inforfun wrote: »
    @4 is the same as 3/1

You sure about he 4/1 on the coupon and not @4?

One hundred percent sure. Clearly says 4/1 on receipt. Shop cashier agreed but just said price had changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Which match/bet/bookie and what time was it?

Maybe odds had already go down before taking the 4/1?

If it was only after taking the bet, they should honour the bet slip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd have a bet it was Boyles?
    They are well known for changing prices after the bets have been struck.

If the price scanned on the coupon at 4/1, then how can they say the price was 3/1 as that's a massive move?
    It's highly unlikely the price would have changed that much as most bookies change the coupons a fair bit.
    Sounds very fishy to me, what team was it as you can check the price history easy enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

At least Boylesports will check the odds of my selections and circle them to confirm them on the docket.

I find Paddy Power to be the worst for changing odds.

I go into Paddy Power and do a few bets on NFL or NBA. I check the odds on my mobile and write it on the docket and 2 out 5 times when I go back into collect, the odds are changed.

Also I find the Paddy Power staff are nearly insisting me that I use the fcuking machine in their shop and I damn well know that the odds on those machines are lower than the odds at the counter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

At least Boylesports will check the odds of my selections and circle them to confirm them on the docket.

I find Paddy Power to be the worst for changing odds.

I go into Paddy Power and do a few bets on NFL or NBA. I check the odds on my mobile and write it on the docket and 2 out 5 times when I go back into collect, the odds are changed.

Also I find the Paddy Power staff are nearly insisting me that I use the fcuking machine in their shop and I damn well know that the odds on those machines are lower than the odds at the counter!

If you are getting a price from the website, you must ALWAYS ask the staff member to check that it is still available before you place your bet. PP/Lads staff will never check a price you put on a docket (unless you ask them) because they know it will be checked if it wins and changed to the applicable price anyway - checking before accepting the bet will only cause them to lose business. I don't know but would guess that this is company policy: it's YOUR job to ensure that your price is valid.

Advertisement