Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus X

• 29-10-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Just announced. Looks a nice phone for the money. Haven't heard a price in euros yet but it'll cost $250 in the states. What standard of phone you can actually get for the money is getting better every week.

MKBHD

Android Authority

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

€269 for the 16GB but it does allow for SD cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Looks good for the money and great that it has the SD slot.

Now if only OnePlus got rid of that ****e invite system I would be happy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

Looks good for the money and great that it has the SD slot.

Now if only OnePlus got rid of that ****e invite system I would be happy!!

They have confirmed that the invite system for this phone will only be for the 1st month. So at least that's a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Looks quality for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

davo2001 wrote: »
    They have confirmed that the invite system for this phone will only be for the 1st month. So at least that's a step in the right direction.

Won't believe it till I see it.
    They'll no doubt have some stock shortages to make buying it a pain in the hoop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

I understand their invite policy and why they do it. They are not a multi billion dollar company like Samsung or Apple that can just write off millions in unsold stock. To deliver phones of this value and quality they have to have the demand and then produce accordingly. A huge amount of unsold handsets sitting in a warehouse somewhere would bankrupt such a young company.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

It also does look like a great phone, the Snapdragon 801 which is the only apparent cost cutting part used is still a great chip! Better than the midrange 615 and 617s of this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

looks great for the price

on the plus side -
    size (those damn big phones wreck my head!)
    expandable storage
    decent battery
    great features
    camera looks decent

on the minus side -
    no NFC
    no USB C
    glass back - dodgy - needs a cover to protect it
    no fingerprint reader
    invites :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It looks really good for the price to be fair.

I still think I'm going to buy the OP2 tonight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

looks great for the price

on the plus side -
    size (those damn big phones wreck my head!)
    expandable storage
    decent battery
    great features
    camera looks decent

on the minus side -
    no NFC
    no USB C
    glass back - dodgy - needs a cover to protect it
    no fingerprint reader
    invites :(

Looks awesome but the lack of NFC once again from this company is really starting to get annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Won't believe it till I see it.
    They'll no doubt have some stock shortages to make buying it a pain in the hoop.

They'll be having weekly open sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Venom wrote: »
    Looks awesome but the lack of NFC once again from this company is really starting to get annoying.

What other uses bar contactless payment might people be using NFC daily for? Genuine question. I've never really seen people using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

pedatron wrote: »
    What other uses bar contactless payment might people be using NFC daily for? Genuine question. I've never really seen people using it.

I use it to connect to some Bluetooth speakers we have around the house and I have 1 tag also to put the phone on silent on my night stand but I suppose I could use a timer for that or maybe something like the AutomatIt app.

However if I buy a phone I would expect to keep it for 18mths to 2 years and I think in 2 years time contactless payments will be in full swing here so no NFC is a real turn off for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

pedatron wrote: »

I use it to connect to my fitband and to my Bluetooth speakers,

I applied for an invite so if I happen to get it I'll pass it one to someone here if they want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just got an invite for the OPX. Now to decide if I want it or not.

I just put my name on the reservation list this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ That was quick. Buy it and write a review for us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ That was quick. Buy it and write a review for us :D

I'm very tempted to be honest. I have a OPO now and bought a OPT for my brother.

Was going to go with a OPT myself but this looks like a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

If this had a finger print scanner I would be all over it. It would beat the 5X. I'll stick with my 1+1 for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to be honest. I have a OPO now and bought a OPT for my brother.

It's actually looks quite good for the price. How much is that in euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

moleyv wrote: »
    If this had a finger print scanner I would be all over it. It would beat the 5X. I'll stick with my 1+1 for now.

This phone with a fingerprint sensor and I'm 100%. I have a 1+1 atm as well so I'm still thinking about it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭beecee

emmetkenny wrote: »

Didn't think they'd be sending invites till they were on sale. If you decide not to use it I'd love to! I signed up this morning so hopefully I'll get one anyway.

beecee wrote: »
    Didn't think they'd be sending invites till they were on sale. If you decide not to use it I'd love to! I signed up this morning so hopefully I'll get one anyway.

I think they said they were going to release 1000 early invites but you can't use them till November 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Signed up for the list this morning too - if I get one in the next couple of days I will order and post a review. If the invites turn out to be similar to the One Plus Two, then I will go for a Xiaomi or Zuk Z1 or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

looks like a very good phone, however ill likely never get another OPO handset again unless they scrap once and for all this utterly ridiculous invite system which annoys and alienates people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

+ it has FM radio
    Some of us still use that! (Hey it's not the same as aonlineradio etc which use/need data connection)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

beecee wrote: »

Got mine yesterday. These invites are not shareable.
    Please note: This invite can only be claimed under this email address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

coldfire1x wrote: »
    It's actually looks quite good for the price. How much is that in euro?

€269, I'm thinking about getting this for the missus to replace a nexus 4

The card slot on this can either take two SIM cards or a SIM and SD card. There's a few little cutbacks, no NFC which would not be an issue for most and only wireless "n", no "ac". Other than that it's cracking value

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

€269, I'm thinking about getting this for the missus to replace a nexus 4

The card slot on this can either take two SIM cards or a SIM and SD card. There's a few little cutbacks, no NFC which would not be an issue for most and only wireless "n", no "ac". Other than that it's cracking value

No fast charging or USB-C. Finger print readers are the new "cool" feature on phones, and its missing that too. That said, everything its missing are things that dont really bother me.

Selling points for me:
    • Its not a phablet - OP2 was tempting, but just too big
    • 3GB ram
    • Price
    • FM radio
    • Looks sleek

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fearmhor18

Well if anyone gets an invite and they don't want to buy the phone let me know and I can purchase it. I've put my name on the list (as i done with the opo & opt) but knowing my luck il'll never get it unless some good samaritan can help. Looks a great phone, glad they made a smaller one.

fearmhor18 wrote: »
    Well if anyone gets an invite and they don't want to buy the phone let me know and I can purchase it. I've put my name on the list (as i done with the opo & opt) but knowing my luck il'll never get it unless some good samaritan can help. Looks a great phone, glad they made a smaller one.

The invites are non transferable, tied to the email they're sent to. There will be open days, keep an eye out

The invites are non transferable, tied to the email they're sent to. There will be open days, keep an eye out

thanks, i guess any alternative would be too complicated where i can forward payment. il just be patient and wait :)

fearmhor18 wrote: »
    thanks, i guess any alternative would be too complicated where i can forward payment. il just be patient and wait :)

Not worth it. You don't want your warranty tied to someone else's email

• Advertisement

Not worth it. You don't want your warranty tied to someone else's email

Good point never thought of that. well if i am fortunate enough and i get any invites to share ill make sure to come back to this thread. Thanks again for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'm looking for a invite if anyone gets a shareable one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

I'd love an invite too if anyone has one to spare.

Any idea when they'll start offering the phone to buy, for those of us who have queued up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Also signed up.
    Looks amazing for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonnyj

I'd definitely consider this phone however its a real shame that they didn't include the fingerprint scanner.

Invites are non sharable at the moment!

Does anyone know how the one plus x will work on the three network. Are the bands compatible? I've read that three don't support the 850 band which is used in rural areas, the 900 band it three's lowest band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Any idea when they'll start offering the phone to buy, for those of us who have queued up?

Website says Nov 5th. It better not take longer, as my invite will expire in 6 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

2 SIMS or 1 SIM and an SD Card ....

What is the idea with this :/ ?

2 SIMS or 1 SIM and an SD Card ....

What is the idea with this :/ ?

Standard enough with the duel sim phones, no? There's two slots, you can have two sims or a sim and an SD which most people will do.

JoyPad wrote: »
    Website says Nov 5th. It better not take longer, as my invite will expire in 6 days.

How did you get an invite already? Surely everyone can just apply now and get a 24 hour opening to purchase when their invite gets called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

White oneplus x https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKdJaWFYVBU

The chinese website in the description is also selling the white one now.

bush wrote: »
    White oneplus x https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKdJaWFYVBU

The chinese website in the description is also selling the white one now.

To me, it looks terrible in white!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

Just got a 72 hour invite sent out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

boardzz wrote: »
    Just got a 72 hour invite sent out

When did you register?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement