Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

sebcity wrote: »
    When did you register?!

I didn't register.
    Didn't even know they announced this phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

boardzz wrote: »
    I didn't register.

I got the same about an hour ago, first I heard of it was the invite to buy it. Still waiting on my OPT invite and all. :(

My OPO is starting to fail me so very tempted by this. Has the two things I hate most about the OPO as well, no SD and the size!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

As always, there are ways and means of avoiding the invite-only purchasing system. We spoke to Geekbuying this morning, a Chinese site that imports phones to the UK, and which already has stocks of the 16GB storage, 3GB RAM, white and gold model. It's selling this version for £193.10 with free shipping, but note that you may have to pay import duty on top of this price (also see our grey-market tech buying advice).

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/mobile-phone/oneplus-x-confirmed-oneplus-x-uk-release-date-price-specs-budget-white-3628312/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

beecee wrote: »
    As always, there are ways and means of avoiding the invite-only purchasing system. We spoke to Geekbuying this morning, a Chinese site that imports phones to the UK, and which already has stocks of the 16GB storage, 3GB RAM, white and gold model. It's selling this version for £193.10 with free shipping, but note that you may have to pay import duty on top of this price (also see our grey-market tech buying advice).

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/mobile-phone/oneplus-x-confirmed-oneplus-x-uk-release-date-price-specs-budget-white-3628312/

I have since read some bad reviews around Geekbuying too. I'll just wait for the invite so......cmonnnnnn

I have since read some bad reviews around Geekbuying too. I'll just wait for the invite so......cmonnnnnn

Ditto that. And I'll reiterate my earlier request for consideration for any sharable invites when people have bought.

Probably unlikely, but I wonder will they have any to give out for the Web Summit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

boardzz wrote: »
    I didn't register.

I registered for an invite the second they announced the phone and haven't got one. I own a OPO too so how the hell am I not getting one? Frustrating! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

Was playing with this phone today, feels unreal in your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

just got an invite
    It looks shareable to me and as I am not paid for another few days I will have to pass on this invite

If anyone wants it PM me - first to PM gets it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Invite arrived. Valid 72hrs. Registered for invite the minute they announced OPX going on sale. €269 is supposed to be the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Got my invite today, decision time... anyone know how soon they'll ship after redeeming an invite? Any potential for customs to get their grubby mitts on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

just got an invite
    It looks shareable to me and as I am not paid for another few days I will have to pass on this invite

If anyone wants it PM me - first to PM gets it

ok Invite gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

If anyone has a spare invite please pm me please

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Was considering selling my 1+1 and getting an X as I got an invite today.

Went on adverts to see what they are selling for. Typed in 'one plus'.

Looks like people are selling invites for the 2 and X. What a joke!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I would also appreciate a 1+X invite if someone has one spare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

moleyv wrote: »
    Was considering selling my 1+1 and getting an X as I got an invite today.

Went on adverts to see what they are selling for. Typed in 'one plus'.

Looks like people are selling invites for the 2 and X. What a joke!!!

Cex will give you €220 for your OPO. I'm bringing mine into them on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Is there an invite thread going to be made for this?

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Jayop wrote: »
    Is there an invite thread going to be made for this?

Needs to be one. All the "please send any spare invites to me" is a bit tiresome.

Needs to be one. All the "please send any spare invites to me" is a bit tiresome.

I'll get one started using the OP2 thread as a template if no-one has any complaints. Dunno if I should run this by a mod from this section though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Jayop wrote: »
    I'll get one started using the OP2 thread as a template if no-one has any complaints. Dunno if I should run this by a mod from this section though,
    Be warmed it's a big undertaking and you will need a few people to help you. I ran the OPO thread and it can be a nightmare at times

I've got my invite, but will share if I get more to share after purchasing.

From my quick look it seemed okay, but can anyone confirm that the LTE bands will be compatible with all the various providers here?

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Be warmed it's a big undertaking and you will need a few people to help you. I ran the OPO thread and it can be a nightmare at times

Yeah I get that. I'm an admin on another forum too but I literally sit at my PC for most of the day when at work and the nature of my job means I have lots of spare 5 minutes to do things like this.

I'll get one started and see how it goes. Hopefully someone will volunteer to assist. I can't see it being as popular as the OPO or OP2 threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Got my invite, Now need to decide if i will get one as they look impressive.

What time will these go on sale at I wonder? Midnight or later on in the day?

Any ideas on if we will be able to buy the ceramic? And any idea on cost?

moleyv wrote:
    Any ideas on if we will be able to buy the ceramic? And any idea on cost?

Ceramic is €100 more expensive and I don't think it's on sale for another few weeks. Not worth it for me but nice looking all the same.

pedatron wrote:
    Ceramic is €100 more expensive and I don't think it's on sale for another few weeks. Not worth it for me but nice looking all the same.

If it was 50 I would go for it for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

It is now available to buy on the One Plus Website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

When I click in to use my invite for the One Plus X its bringing me to a page to buy the One Plus 2. Invite clearly says One Plus X!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

I took the plunge and ordered one. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I'm only seeing one shipping option, express @25€;. Is that right? Or an I missing something?

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I'm only seeing one shipping option, express @25€;. Is that right? Or an I missing something?

Same here... pretty steep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Took a plunge.
    Yep, the only shipping option available is €24.49 (DHL)

Lead time:
    5 business days for processing + 2-5 business days for shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

What a crock! They charge an insane amount, and the "express" option takes 7-10 business days! It should have been called "whenever the f**k we want to ship" option.

Sorry, just letting out a bit of steam...

Same here... pretty steep!

That's effectively a 10% price rise on day one - feck that! I'll wait to see if we get a standard shipping option...

That's effectively a 10% price rise on day one - feck that! I'll wait to see if we get a standard shipping option...

Standard shipping will be €20. That's how much shipping has cost since the OP2

It's not a 10% price increase because you never factored in the shipping cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I live abroad and have a standard shipping option but it is 20€. Brings it up to almost the same price as the Zuk Z1...

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Standard shipping will be €20. That's how much shipping has cost since the OP2

It's not a 10% price increase because you never factored in the shipping cost.

In fairness the shipping wasn't known beforehand (though obviously now I realise these shipping prices are the same as OPO/OPT).

Express shipping from the UK is only a tenner, where are they getting 25e from. Such a pity really, the key selling point for this baby is its price. I wonder can I get a Ryanair flight to paris for that price and pick it up at the pop up shop :)

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

In fairness the shipping wasn't known beforehand (though obviously now I realise these shipping prices are the same as OPO/OPT).

Express shipping from the UK is only a tenner, where are they getting 25e from. Such a pity really, the key selling point for this baby is its price. I wonder can I get a Ryanair flight to paris for that price and pick it up at the pop up shop :)

Can you ship to parcel motel or DPD wizard in UK if you're signed up as from Ireland?

• Advertisement

Can you ship to parcel motel or DPD wizard in UK if you're signed up as from Ireland?

I actually have it all set up to ship to PM from when I was contemplating a OPO a while back. But the exchange rate has killed us in the meantime - 200 sterling is around 280e, which means it is pretty much to the penny the same as the euro price with the increased shipping.

Ah well. Tempted to just bite the bullet and order the bloody thing...

When I bought my OPO we had to buy from the English Store. Express shipping was £15 for me then. When they went live with the Irish Store shipping came in at €15 normal and €20 express.

The OP2 is being shipped from China at the moment so I assume that's where the OPX will ship from as well hence the long lead times on delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Very few covers available either at the minute, was so close to pulling the trigger, but seeing as I dropped my coverless OPO within hours of getting it, I need a cover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I'm pretty sure what the answer is, but I will ask anyway.

What is the "protective case" specified in the OnePlus X specs page, under "In The Box"?

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-05%20at%2010.32.32_zps6eoeyr2e.png
    It's a typo! There's no case included.

JoyPad wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure what the answer is, but I will ask anyway.

What is the "protective case" specified in the OnePlus X specs page, under "In The Box"?

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-05%20at%2010.32.32_zps6eoeyr2e.png
    It's a typo! There's no case included.

I thought I saw an unboxing with a clear rubber case... let me see if I can dig it out... here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OWY0MO_QrM&feature=youtu.be&t=2m48s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

I thought I saw an unboxing with a clear rubber case... let me see if I can dig it out...

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

There dosen't seem to be any cases or screen protectors available on the site..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone found good quality pictures of the white version? Cant find hardly any online

Ordered this morning. I hope CEX still take €220 for the OnePlus one. Gonna trade in Tomorrow and use a busted nexus 5 for the meantime.

I actually have it all set up to ship to PM from when I was contemplating a OPO a while back. But the exchange rate has killed us in the meantime - 200 sterling is around 280e, which means it is pretty much to the penny the same as the euro price with the increased shipping.

Ah well. Tempted to just bite the bullet and order the bloody thing...

Bullet well and truly bitten. Now for the agonising wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does this come with a screen protector attached as the others now do I think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement