Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Ordered mine on the 12th. Checked DHL about an hour ago...nothing.
    Just checked again and it's now showing on the DHL site.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Mine is in Dublin now, wohoo.
    It went to East Midlands, then back to Leipzig in Germany then to Dublin.
    I'd love if I got it today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Full Review on GSM now. http://www.gsmarena.com/one_plus_x-review-1337.php
    Sounds exactly like I expected, a decent mid ranger, anyone comparing it to the high price phones will find it lacking but it wasn't supposed to compete with them, the OP2 is there for that,.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

sebcity wrote: »
    Mine is in Dublin now, wohoo.
    It went to East Midlands, then back to Leipzig in Germany then to Dublin.
    I'd love if I got it today!

Its a race to the finish. Mine is with the courier as of 8.36 this morning.

Its a race to the finish. Mine is with the courier as of 8.36 this morning.

Ha, 8.33am!!

• Advertisement

Ha, 8.33am!!

Scanned first, in the van first.... bottom of the pile! haha! :pac:

:)
    We'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

bazzz wrote: »
    I ordered on the 11th and it didn't show anything on DHL......till Sunday evening.So you'll probably see something tomorrow evening/night and it should be quick enough after that 2-3 week days(express post).

Thanks folks, putting up with a half functioning screen for the past 2 weeks so eagerly awaiting this delivery! Will check again today.

I have it i my hand - delivered 9.54am :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Whats it like :)

• Advertisement

You bastard! :P

Mines getting delivered to work... productivity levels will drop drastically.

Whats it like :)

It's lovely!
    You bastard! :P

Mines getting delivered to work... productivity levels will drop drastically.

Ditto!

Will report back in a while when I get it up and running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Ah there are icons on the physical buttons! God they are hard to see, I had to shine a bright lamp on it and hold it at an angle to see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Ah there are icons on the physical buttons! God they are hard to see, I had to shine a bright lamp on it and hold it at an angle to see them.

They are just lines as you can swap the functions. I would like to hope a future ota will allow the physical buttons to light as I will swap from the software buttons then.

Ye must be busy playing :)

So playing with it now for a few hours.

It worked on my network straight away so I got all my apps downloaded. I stuck nova launcher straight on it as I really like it. The phone is lovely. As mentioned everywhere - very premium feeling. The buttons are solid and feel nice. It's very thin. The screen is really good.
    I thnk the camera is decent, very quick at taking pics!

The battery disappeared pretty quickly as I was messing around which isn't ideal. I am coming from an Xperia Z3 though, that had an amazing batter with 24hrs+ easily. I'll gauge it better over the next few days.

One thing I don't like is that there are no up and down arrows on the signal bar on the notification bar. I like to see when its communicating and from what I can tell, there's no way to turn it on.

Everything else is like all the review videos and as expected.

I like it :)

Just got mine now. Connected up my work guest network, which requires a login after connecting. For some reason im not getting prompted for the user login/password. Annoying.

I setup a hotspot from my old phone for now, and im pulling down the latest update to Oxygen OS. Will have to wait until im home to connect up to my google account. And get a new sim on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Is it dhl that do all of the deliveries or do they contract it out? Last update from mine this morning has "With delivery courier" so I'm not optimistic about getting it today.

Edit: and it just arrived :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Just got mine now. Connected up my work guest network, which requires a login after connecting. For some reason im not getting prompted for the user login/password. Annoying.

I setup a hotspot from my old phone for now, and im pulling down the latest update to Oxygen OS. Will have to wait until im home to connect up to my google account. And get a new sim on the way home.

Google account remembering your network settings maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

Mine is out for delivery since 09.07 this morning,what time do DHL deliver till?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

One thing I've noticed is that I'm not getting music id / info showing up on my Bluetooth connection in the car, this worked previously on my old China phone. Can anyone confirm whether they are or are not getting the song playing info via Bluetooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Dhl express is a joke. Can't get it delivered since Friday. Will only try to deliver once they call first. That's one phone call. If you happen to be on a call and it goes to voicemail no second chances you missed delivery. Have rang them Friday and today and given exact directions and told them what to put in sat nav but apparently they don't use sat navs. Also asked if delivery driver would ring earlier in case I miss call. But they can't. If it happens again tomorrow I have to go to airport to collect.
    So much crap to get a phone delivered

st1979 wrote: »
    Dhl express is a joke. Can't get it delivered since Friday. Will only try to deliver once they call first. That's one phone call. If you happen to be on a call and it goes to voicemail no second chances you missed delivery. Have rang them Friday and today and given exact directions and told them what to put in sat nav but apparently they don't use sat navs. Also asked if delivery driver would ring earlier in case I miss call. But they can't. If it happens again tomorrow I have to go to airport to collect.

Parcel motel was made for situations like yours. Takes all the stress away for 4€. Pick it up at your local motel at your convenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    They are just lines as you can swap the functions. I would like to hope a future ota will allow the physical buttons to light as I will swap from the software buttons then.

As far as I know there are no lights at all. Its not a matter of enabling through software. Its a very strange omission, would love if it was just a bug.

st1979 wrote: »

They never called me and it delivered fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

geecee wrote: »
    Was your shipping €6.95?
    I ordered earlier today, but didn't seem to find any option but €6.95 for shipping...

Happy to report that my phone arrived today with the €6.95 delivery option
    6.5 days from order to delivery.

No idea why i got shipping so much more cheaply than everybody else!
    One thing may be that i was looking at the covers and accessories first (they were all sold out at the time) so it may be some sort of bug on the site that then lets you order the phone @ the accessories shipping cost.

Loving the phone too! Real premium feel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

As far as I know there are no lights at all. Its not a matter of enabling through software. Its a very strange omission, would love if it was just a bug.

If that's the case, Jesus it's stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone here using the 48 months network? I have a problem where the phone constantly shows a R for roaming and I have no data. I can enable data roaming and it will work but this isnt ideal, didnt have any issues with my OPO.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed is that I'm not getting music id / info showing up on my Bluetooth connection in the car, this worked previously on my old China phone. Can anyone confirm whether they are or are not getting the song playing info via Bluetooth?
    Looks like this is an oxegen issue, not working on either OPX or OPT for certain makes of car, seems to be affecting VW/Skoda and Honda so far on the basis of this thread... https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/bluetooth-avrcp-support-display-song-meta-data-on-car-audio-system.363909

Most annoying, I listen to a lot of new music playlists on spotify and it always nice to see who the artist is for a track I like. I've raised a ticket with OnePlus, anyone else who has the same might do the same, https://oneplus.net/support/ticket/submit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    If that's the case, Jesus it's stupid.

Hopefully it's ok to post this here. It's a detailed review with a great and much needed FAQ with answers,that covers your backlit buttons question and many more....

HERE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

jozi wrote: »
    Anyone here using the 48 months network? I have a problem where the phone constantly shows a R for roaming and I have no data. I can enable data roaming and it will work but this isnt ideal, didnt have any issues with my OPO.

I've a MotoG (1st gen) at the moment and I've always had to have Data Roaming enabled with 48.

From what little I could find when doing a5 min search, it seems to be an issue using mvnos like 48. Using gravity box I was able to allow national data roaming, the R seems to be gone anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

How does it compare to the OPO? Would you consider it an upgrade? I'm debating between this and a second hand OPO for xmas

I don't think it's an upgrade but it doesn't seem like a bad swap. It feels nice in the hand, much nicer hardware than the OPO, I can text with one hand again. I had a nexus 4 before and always felt the OPO was too big for me, this is a nice size, feels very thin to. I'm not gone on the oneplus OS, cyanogen was much better but I've installed a couple of exposed modules that make it a little better again.

If I had to choose between the two I would probably go for the X because it's smaller.

Memory isn't great on it though but I'm hoping a sd card will fix that and when Android 6 is out it will make up part of the phone storage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Phone arrived today. Extremely impressed. Feels a massive step up for me, from my Nexus 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mine arrived. Waiting for tesco mobile now to port my number from my old sim to the new nano sim. Phone feels really premium for a €269 device (when I think back to old nokias I bought for not much different 12 or 15 years ago).

Didnt really do anything except power it up. One weird bug in the setup was it connected to my wifi but then spent 2 minutes trying to test the connection and it failed, it then allowed you to skip this step and when you got out of setup the connection was fine.

Yeah mine did the same, did same steps as you and fine

Mine arrived yesterday, so far very impressed, I'm not going to update yet though because of the SD card issue.

Even the way it was packaged was very classy.

Anyone have issues with their alarm? I use timely and it read dosed to go off at 0710, I don't think I slept through it but it seems the first alarm to go off was 30 mins layer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭june2015

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Mine arrived yesterday, so far very impressed, I'm not going to update yet though because of the SD card issue.

Even the way it was packaged was very classy.

What sd card issue is there with the update?

• Advertisement

jozi wrote: »
    Anyone have issues with their alarm? I use timely and it read dosed to go off at 0710, I don't think I slept through it but it seems the first alarm to go off was 30 mins layer

I just used the stock alarm and it worked fine this morning. Would prefer to have my own tune so will look into how to do that today.

After 24 hours I'm still liking the phone. I do have an issue with the battery though, I went to bed on 30% and woke up at 4% so 25% disappeared overnight. Will have to look into wakelocks etc which is a massive annoyance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

My order has left China ! \o/

First full day with the phone begins today. We'll see how it goes.

So far the good:
    Looks great, nice size, very snappy (granted its a new phone), gestures and customisability in OxygenOS.

The bad:
    Internal storage - had about 10Gb free on the phone for all my apps and stuff. That'll get chewed up quickly enough I think... need an SD card.
    Oxygen OS teething problems - hidden menus (those 3 dots) can only be accessed using the soft keys. Long hold on the recent apps button doesnt trigger it.
    Battery? - Today will be the judge, but something tells me the battery isn't going to be amazing.

Others:
    Ive gotten used to a screenshot button in my dropdown menu. Thats gone now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Others:

You don't need that, vol down and power is shortcut on all Android

june2015 wrote: »
    What sd card issue is there with the update?

After the update there is an issue experienced by some users where it has trouble detecting and accessing the SD card contents.

I'm just going to be safe and wait til further updates.

So far the good:
    Looks great, nice size, very snappy (granted its a new phone), gestures and customisability in OxygenOS.

The bad:
    Internal storage - had about 10Gb free on the phone for all my apps and stuff. That'll get chewed up quickly enough I think... need an SD card.
    Oxygen OS teething problems - hidden menus (those 3 dots) can only be accessed using the soft keys. Long hold on the recent apps button doesnt trigger it.
    Battery? - Today will be the judge, but something tells me the battery isn't going to be amazing.

Others:

Let me know how you get on with the battery, if you could post a screenshot of what was using it later on and where you are that would be great :)

(now you know how to screenshot again :pac:)

Let me know how you get on with the battery, if you could post a screenshot of what was using it later on and where you are that would be great :)

(now you know how to screenshot again :pac:)

Will do.

So far the good:

The bad:

Others:

Also just noticed if you hold down the power button an option for screenshot pops up.

You can change the behaviour of the 3 bottom buttons from settings under buttons.

My first normal day was yesterday battery was under 50pc by the time I went to bed, with the opo it was usually a little higher. Hopefully it will get a little better after a few charges.

Anyone else notice adaptive brightness isn't that good? My screen always seems to be very bright despite the brightness slider being all the way to the left. Cyanogen did a better job at it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement