Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

jozi wrote: »
    You can change the behaviour of the 3 bottom buttons from settings under buttons.

My first normal day was yesterday battery was under 50pc by the time I went to bed, with the opo it was usually a little higher. Hopefully it will get a little better after a few charges.

Anyone else notice adaptive brightness isn't that good? My screen always seems to be very bright despite the brightness slider being all the way to the left. Cyanogen did a better job at it!

Yeah, I turned off the adaptive brightness. It kept it too bright and used more battery that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

First full day with the phone begins today. We'll see how it goes.

So far the good:
    Looks great, nice size, very snappy (granted its a new phone), gestures and customisability in OxygenOS.

The bad:
    Internal storage - had about 10Gb free on the phone for all my apps and stuff. That'll get chewed up quickly enough I think... need an SD card.
    Oxygen OS teething problems - hidden menus (those 3 dots) can only be accessed using the soft keys. Long hold on the recent apps button doesnt trigger it.
    Battery? - Today will be the judge, but something tells me the battery isn't going to be amazing.

Others:
    Ive gotten used to a screenshot button in my dropdown menu. Thats gone now. :(

Battery definitely seems to be an issue alright. I'm down to 40% from 100% at 9am this morning. Done some browsing over lunch and playing podcasts via bluetooth. Other then that little use. Bit annoying, hopefully can maybe figure out some troublesome apps or settings as the days and weeks go on. It's not a MAJOR deal for me as I'm rarely away from a charger, and have chargers in car, office desk etc.

My internal storage has 7GB free after loading apps and the likes last night. I try keep my phone slim, but damn, thats not a lot of storage. Probably SD card required for me also, and I'd guess pretty much everyone will need one. Granted I'll probably hang on see when it becomes a genuine problem.

Overall I'm very happy and impressed. Tangible upgrade for me coming from the Nexus 4 where I can see and feel the difference. Really snappy and the phone itself is very comfortable and the screen is very vibrant in terms of colour. In thinking, I'd also probably say that I'll put my phone through a proper battery cycle. Let drop to 5%, charge to 100% and go through that cycle about five times before I'll really know where I stand with the battery.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

69% now. Cant say ive used the phone much though. Bit of browsing at lunch on top of this mornings activity.

Seems similar enough to my HTC one these days. Disappointing for a new phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

69% now. Cant say ive used the phone much though. Bit of browsing at lunch on top of this mornings activity.

Seems similar enough to my HTC one these days. Disappointing for a new phone

Yeah, I had a HTC one a few years back and remember the heartache I had with the battery.

368849.png

So I'm down to 70% in nearly 6 hours.
    The solid pink line for wifi confuses me - I haven't had wifi on in those 6 hours - so you'd think that means black is when it is on, but charging hasn't been on and that is black. Makes no sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Is there really no 5ghz on this phone. It's the only thing holding me back from ordering it.

sebcity wrote: »

The solid pink line for wifi confuses me - I haven't had wifi on in those 6 hours - so you'd think that means black is when it is on, but charging hasn't been on and that is black. Makes no sense!

Something similar here. Though my signal has been pretty weak at times. The cliff in the morning is me on the train, and the mini-cliff a few hours back was lunchtime.

Wi-Fi on is probably because the wi-fi is constantly checking for connections (open networks and known networks).

Screen is taking up most the battery at 10%. As some have mentioned, adaptive brightness isnt doing anything.

EmaY9OLjjFYwPnxaa4DwVC7wx9pwz_ZlKhWaIXMBOpDyrzkoRkRu_bRKxo90SS1KAbOoKYrDzHcsWt_MnpI0ir9JvIeaVCCxH_pCUJXt1FNlSgjZ5ah4_RsNBi1iMPwYeWbRgi1Zv853mS31tmb55bHmz81MRSH5oEnF6xihtFPP_ojyoSgK_TGaeytugK04d1iL1PHcJK1xGVCErk634H6eOTSvPifAAvOwGMJW56CBBGDteMI-m6907qmre4afDDNnRU7AMemRvEA__sotIYGpDTJtnzGoUGPqWE36Tq016lMQTDBSGi_tKIzvFyxENisbepphbWVz4binkdKPdaDXp1KQEXoBi73Eif3jgtMN2I79ID_4pC_3jA7WLUF9CHdqaH9gbs2zQG-0HBRpPK318baNkJYLjA8GbdSXjmL0T_jTyXF9qwb1-xjwZpQNgXEbr8cYlGAYX9JLhKp5NtjClPbSAzOq-GSstz0lSCGHS9HCt-PpDjtHpA_EwTYsrcpypi4_CEuzvXAzPexdSqLyamavPXmIW5O0gQWJr-mr=w547-h971-no

Something similar here. Though my signal has been pretty weak at times. The cliff in the morning is me on the train, and the mini-cliff a few hours back was lunchtime.

Wi-Fi on is probably because the wi-fi is constantly checking for connections (open networks and known networks).

Screen is taking up most the battery at 10%. As some have mentioned, adaptive brightness isnt doing anything.

EmaY9OLjjFYwPnxaa4DwVC7wx9pwz_ZlKhWaIXMBOpDyrzkoRkRu_bRKxo90SS1KAbOoKYrDzHcsWt_MnpI0ir9JvIeaVCCxH_pCUJXt1FNlSgjZ5ah4_RsNBi1iMPwYeWbRgi1Zv853mS31tmb55bHmz81MRSH5oEnF6xihtFPP_ojyoSgK_TGaeytugK04d1iL1PHcJK1xGVCErk634H6eOTSvPifAAvOwGMJW56CBBGDteMI-m6907qmre4afDDNnRU7AMemRvEA__sotIYGpDTJtnzGoUGPqWE36Tq016lMQTDBSGi_tKIzvFyxENisbepphbWVz4binkdKPdaDXp1KQEXoBi73Eif3jgtMN2I79ID_4pC_3jA7WLUF9CHdqaH9gbs2zQG-0HBRpPK318baNkJYLjA8GbdSXjmL0T_jTyXF9qwb1-xjwZpQNgXEbr8cYlGAYX9JLhKp5NtjClPbSAzOq-GSstz0lSCGHS9HCt-PpDjtHpA_EwTYsrcpypi4_CEuzvXAzPexdSqLyamavPXmIW5O0gQWJr-mr=w547-h971-no

I'd have my WiFi switched off during the day though and rely solely on 3g/4g. So the bar should not be there!

I'll connect to WiFi when I get home and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

onform wrote: »
    Mine is out for delivery since 09.07 this morning,what time do DHL deliver till?

Turns out DHL sent the package to the Letterkenny delivery office instead of Dublin, so I won't be getting the phone till tomorrow at the earliest. It will probably turn out that it will take less time for the phone to travel from China to Dublin then it will to make it from the sorting office to me 😵

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

368849.png

Do you have the WiFi Toggle off ?

I know there is an option in the settings that will stop the phone scanning for available WiFi Connections. You need to turn this off. Go to Settings, Wifi, 3 Dots Top Right, Advanced, Scanning always available.

I believe it's something that was implemented in Lolipop.

There's also something on your phone that keeps waking up the device. Usually an app. Go to Settings, App Permissions, and click into your apps and see what ones have keep awake turned on. Any app I don't use that often I'll always Toggle to off.

Also having your GPS off when you don't need it makes the battery last that bit longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

To be fair, that's longer lasting than my s6 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 NoelOC

I ordered mine today.

I entered two separate addresses for Shipping and Billing but after I completed the checkout the Shipping address is set as my billing address.
    I was talking to One Plus customer support and they can't change the address after it's been processed.

Does anyone know if I can contact DHL after I get a tracking number and change the delivery address?

My billing address is way out in the countryside and not sure if anyone will be at home during the day to accept it.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Sorry if already asked but how long does it take to get an invite for this? I just signed up yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

vigos wrote: »
    Sorry if already asked but how long does it take to get an invite for this? I just signed up yesterday.

About a week or a little less for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Anyone with the wifi on check two things: scanning always available for google location under advanced wifi settings, and vibers wifi sleep policy, on a fresh install its set to always on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Lads anyone know how to get custom notifications on ringer and text?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you have the WiFi Toggle off ?

I know there is an option in the settings that will stop the phone scanning for available WiFi Connections. You need to turn this off. Go to Settings, Wifi, 3 Dots Top Right, Advanced, Scanning always available.

I believe it's something that was implemented in Lolipop.

There's also something on your phone that keeps waking up the device. Usually an app. Go to Settings, App Permissions, and click into your apps and see what ones have keep awake turned on. Any app I don't use that often I'll always Toggle to off.

Also having your GPS off when you don't need it makes the battery last that bit longer.

Good advice. I turned off the scanning always available last night so the usage bar also stopped - good start. Thanks for that, never seen that before. Unfortunately I still lost 15% through the night so I'll go through the apps today.

I found another app called Doze yesterday which essentially stops the phone from communicating but even when I put Whatsapp and Gmail on the exceptions list, they still weren't being refreshed so I couldn't get messages or email until I actually woke the phone up myself. So I got rid of it again.

Does anyone know is Greenify decent?

Good advice. I turned off the scanning always available last night so the usage bar also stopped - good start. Thanks for that, never seen that before. Unfortunately I still lost 15% through the night so I'll go through the apps today.

I found another app called Doze yesterday which essentially stops the phone from communicating but even when I put Whatsapp and Gmail on the exceptions list, they still weren't being refreshed so I couldn't get messages or email until I actually woke the phone up myself. So I got rid of it again.

Does it have the app optimisation thing in the battery menu ?

Does it have the app optimisation thing in the battery menu ?

There is a battery saver mode. this cuts off non essential activities like vibrate, location etc

There is a battery saver mode. this cuts off non essential activities like vibrate, location etc

My S6 has this, you can choose to stop apps in the background / stop them if out of use for 3 days / leave them run as normal. It works well, if it isn't in the One X I hope they add it soon

368920.png

• Advertisement

I also noticed the battery saver mode in battery.

Screenshot_2015-04-30-14-23-28_compressed.jpg?zoom=2&resize=169%2C300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

First thing I installed was Greenify. My OPO was usually around 50% going to bed each night (with Greenify as well). OPX has been around 30-40% going to bed the last few nights. Happy enough with my battery usage so far. I didn't do any tests before I popped Greenify on, so not sure exactly how much of a difference it's making!

It arrived !!!

Pity its a present for someone and I can't play with it !!!

It arrived !!!

Pity its a present for someone and I can't play with it !!!

But wait, that someone is you!
    jesusTHUMBSUP.jpg

But wait, that someone is you!
    jesusTHUMBSUP.jpg

ha ha. if only !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Mines delivered to Parcel Motel. Have to wait till tonight now to get my hands on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

just unboxed mine there.

Remarkably similar to my nexus 5 in nearly every way. the glass back is super slippy and the case that comes with it, is grand but probably will look elsewhere.

Seems to be responsive, quick and easy to get around. Hopefully it will get marshmallow soon enough.

Its a slick device, no doubt and for that kind of money, its fantastic value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

Mines delivered to Parcel Motel. Have to wait till tonight now to get my hands on it.

Did you order on the 12th? I also ordered on the 12th but my dhl tracking still says it left Shenzhen on Monday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

celticsfan wrote: »
    Did you order on the 12th? I also ordered on the 12th but my dhl tracking still says it left Shenzhen on Monday :(

Yes I ordered mine on the 12th. Left Shenzhen Monday. Landed East Midlands early this morning and delivered to Belfast before lunchtime.

Yes I ordered mine on the 12th. Left Shenzhen Monday. Landed East Midlands early this morning and delivered to Belfast before lunchtime.

Thanks bud, anyone else who ordered on the 12th still waiting for their phones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Thanks bud, anyone else who ordered on the 12th still waiting for their phones?

I ordered mine on the 13th and landed in the office this morning.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I ordered mine on the 13th and landed in the office this morning.

Ah ****e, I'll have to chase up DHL and one plus tomorrow so, this should be fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Ah ****e, I'll have to chase up DHL and one plus tomorrow so, this should be fun :(

Not to ad insult to injury but also ordered on the 12th and received it about lunch today. It only left Shenzen on Monday per DHL and only showed up again this morning in east midlands. Maybe tomorrow morning!

WhatYaSay wrote: »
    Not to ad insult to injury but also ordered on the 12th and received it about lunch today. It only left Shenzen on Monday per DHL and only showed up again this morning in east midlands. Maybe tomorrow morning!

Jaisus I'm getting nervous now:confused: and my F5 button is getting a fierce going over:D...touch wood it will show up in East Midlands tonight sometime and I will have it tomorrow.. It bloody better because from what I read,OnePlus customer service is fairly non existent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Got mine yesterday. A ovely upgrade from the iPhone 5.

I noticed 4G symbol has disappeared off the top of the screen where it used to be on the iPhone. It now shows a LTE symbol. Is there something else I need to do to get 4G working. I am on 3 BTW.

Got mine yesterday. A ovely upgrade from the iPhone 5.

I noticed 4G symbol has disappeared off the top of the screen where it used to be on the iPhone. It now shows a LTE symbol. Is there something else I need to do to get 4G working. I am on 3 BTW.

4G is LTE, just another name for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yay, my X has been sent from China this morning at 5am, might have it tomorrow.

Only ordered it on Tuesday so that was fast processing.

Yay, my X has been sent from China this morning at 5am, might have it tomorrow.

Only ordered it on Tuesday so that was fast processing.

Unlikely. Mine left China on a Thursday afternoon, got to the UK on Sunday evening, Germany Monday in the early am, Dublin around 5am, and out with DPD courier Monday morning.

Id say expect it Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Unlikely. Mine left China on a Thursday afternoon, got to the UK on Sunday evening, Germany Monday in the early am, Dublin around 5am, and out with DPD courier Monday morning.

Id say expect it Monday.

Maybe, but one friend got the dispatched email at 5am last week and it was sitting on his desk that afternoon. And girl I work with got her dispatched email yesterday morning from China also and she had it in her hand yesterday afternoon, so, with a bit of luck I'll have it tomorrow.

But I have read a few people on here having their phone go all around Europe before here like yourself.

• Advertisement

Maybe, but one friend got the dispatched email at 5am last week and it was sitting on his desk that afternoon. And girl I work with got her dispatched email yesterday morning from China also and she had it in her hand yesterday afternoon, so, with a bit of luck I'll have it tomorrow.

But I have read a few people on here having their phone go all around Europe before here like yourself.

Fingers crossed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cafu82

Ordered mine last Thursday, arrived at my office about 3pm yesterday, very impressed so far. One quick question, is there a quick way to put the phone on silent, I know when I turn the volume all the way down its just in vibrate mode. On my old HTC you could put phone in silent by continuing to press volume down after it goes into vibrate..... No big deal really, just wondering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

You can use the slider on the side, but this just turns off notification instead of sounds. Same thing I guess.

I don't really like the slider, I had hoped it would work like an iPhone and leave the vibration on but it doesn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Can't make up my mind Would the zuk z1 be better than this at €280 including taxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I had different expectations of the slider also, was hoping the middle would mute the phone and vibrate and the top setting put it on silent, almost like setting 3 profiles.

I'm sure there is an app that will do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

jozi wrote: »
    I had different expectations of the slider also, was hoping the middle would mute the phone and vibrate and the top setting put it on silent, almost like setting 3 profiles.

I'm sure there is an app that will do this?
    I believe there an app called tasker in the play store for 3 bucks that will do it... I leave my phone on vibrate 95% of the time anyway so using the volume button doesnt bother me too much. Seems an odd choice of setup theyve gone with though... :confused:
    I haven't had a chance to link my card to the play store yet though as im coming from iOS for many a year, so cant confirm this works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

opinions on this phone lads? im due an upgrade was considering taking the upgrade and selling it and then buying one of these phones.

opinions on this phone lads? im due an upgrade was considering taking the upgrade and selling it and then buying one of these phones.

Battery is average, everything else is decent, design is brilliant. Worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Battery is average, everything else is decent, design is brilliant. Worth the money.

Pretty much exactly what im finding. Definitely worth it for the price, the battery is very average but its a lovely phone besides

Cafu82 wrote: »
    Ordered mine last Thursday, arrived at my office about 3pm yesterday, very impressed so far. One quick question, is there a quick way to put the phone on silent, I know when I turn the volume all the way down its just in vibrate mode. On my old HTC you could put phone in silent by continuing to press volume down after it goes into vibrate..... No big deal really, just wondering!

This?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nqk.vibratemodeextended

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cafu82

Think that will just put the phone into vibrate mode? Which is essentially the way I have it now, after I turn the volume off it only vibrates.... thanks anyway! I'm lookin for a quick way to put in on silent but still get notifications, I know I can manually turn vibrate off, anyway as I said no big deal, thanks again for looking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement